Author Topic: Queenslander!  (Read 8716 times)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Queenslander!
« on: July 17, 2013, 09:37:13 AM »
I know this isn't an IQ or QFI related post, but as this is my company (along with my good friend Steve of course) I feel it's appropriate to say this...

QUEENSLANDER!

For those who don't follow the great sport of Rugby League, our pinnacle in Australia is the State of Origin, a three game series between the great state of Queensland and the loser state of New South Wales. After many many years in the 90's and early 2000's of NSW victories, QLD finally clinched the trophy in 2006 and we've now won EIGHT years in a row! A new record, the best being NSW 3 in a row 2003-2005.

While I love adventure games, what makes IQ most interesting is our other interests, and this is my number one. I love my state, I love my league and I love that we have won again. God I'm drunk.

Peace (unless you're a blue, then stand in traffic...)

Shawn
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Queenslander!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »
Yes. Dickhead cost us a try.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »
I miss those old threads where we used to chat about various stuff that was absolutely unrelated to our projects.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »
Feel free to make as many as you like Slash my friend. As. Many. As. You. Like.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 11:20:22 PM »
Well done Queensland am pleased you get to win someothing this year Shawn! Cos da broncos are on their way out the back door (who is going to replace griffin?)  and I think NZ are setting up for another decent tilt at the RLWC. I cant wait to see Johnson and SBW combine!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 11:41:02 PM »
Nah, Griffin won't be gone, he'll get another season. They've dropped Wallace and Prince for next year and are hard on to get two of three from Cam Smith, Karmichael Hunt and Ben Barba. Think they offered Smith $1.5 a year over three years. Bronc's won't make the finals though, or if they do it'll be a one week run in them. Still, knocking out a tough game against the Cowboys was a good step forward.

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »
Cam smith would be brilliant for the broncos.. Ben Barba is a great buy, especially as he doesnt play origin. A genuine superstar who doesnt need to be rested around origin are some of the moat valuable in the comp. Who are you guys lining up for the halves? I had heard rumors that Locke could be going to Broncos if we sign Tomkins.

My Warriors are looking dangerous, you can bet the two top four teams that lose the first week of the finals will be hoping they don't have to play either the Warriors or the Bulldogs.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 12:26:56 AM »
I think Barba would be great in the 6 jersey to be honest. He's got the skills and can read a game like few others. I don't know if that would be their plan, but I'd look at it.

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 12:32:10 AM »
Hmmm I think he could be good there but he would take time to adjust. I don't know if a broncos team who have just missed the 8 could risk a dodgy start to the season to allow him the time needed. Lockyer was an absolute freak and understood the game better than just about anyone and he mentioned how hard the adjustment was for him. So to bring in a plAyer who is not used to broncos structures and expect him to learn them and do it in unfamiliar halves position would be too much IMO.

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »
Just done the NRL ladder predictor and I have you guys making the 8!! You got a pretty easy run in.