Author Topic: Quest For Infamy - Now Available for Pre-Order through the Humble Store  (Read 6893 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Hello Folks!

I'm happy to announce that we've partnered with The Humble Store to make Quest For Infamy available for pre-order through their store!  You can visit the page here, and make a pre-order!

All digital rewards for our Kickstarter - Digital Downloads of Quest For Infamy, The Soundtrack, and Special Edition Bonuses will be available to all backers who pledged to them from the Humble Store as well! Before the game is released, you'll be sent information on how to obtain your rewards via The Humble Store.

The Humble Store and The Humble Bundle help support independent game makers, and we're proud to be involved with them!  I've had many people write me and express their hope that we would be available in the Humble Store, so I'm happy to say we are!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them - and I may add them to the FAQ below!

Thanks for all your support, friends!

Bt

FAQ

Q: Does this mean you're not selling the game at GoG.com?
A: No, not at all.  Quest for Infamy will also still be available for purchase from our partners at GoG.com.

Q: Will Quest For Infamy be available for purchase anywhere else?
A: Yes, hopefully - I am in talks with several other distribution platforms, and hopefully I'll have more information about them soon!  Keep your eyes on the site for that.

"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Will you try to get Quest for Infamy on Steam Greenlight?
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Will you try to get Quest for Infamy on Steam Greenlight?

Yes, eventually we plan to get Quest For Infamy on Steam.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Greenlight is stupid.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Greenlight is stupid.

I totally agree with you, but it's the best way for an indie game to make it on Steam right now.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
Greenlight is stupid.

I totally agree with you, but it's the best only way for an indie game to make it on Steam right now.

FTFY.

I consider the act of getting published to be distributed on Steam as becoming "less" independent.  So it's a way for a game to make it onto Steam, but not a self-published title.

Not that being published is always the wrong decision for every developer, but 99% of all self-published titles are required to go through Greenlight.  The 1% just get lucky.  There's no rhyme or reason that I've been able to divine as to how those lucky few get through.

And then you have Paranautical Activity, which got published by Adult Swim to get on Steam, and basically got screwed back into Greenlight anyway  :-[
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."