Author Topic: QFI demo 2 first impressions  (Read 4955 times)

eons

QFI demo 2 first impressions
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »
not sure if im posting this in the right area or if it should be moved to an existing thread.....

anyway, I'm just finally getting around to really checking this demo out, and I like what I see so far! (love the voice acting!).  I know I'm probably the last person to really check this out but I'm finally with it and I just had a few responses to share...

I love most of the art.  The face portraits are perfect. They're totally reminiscent of old sierra nostalgia games like kq5 or qfg1/3 etc era classics. I think the various characters really come through being unique and interesting.    The art in general is just really nice.  I was kinda blown away with the nature areas outside the town! Some really beautiful screens here which reminded me a bit of qfg1/conquests of longbow/kq6/kq5 etc.  It was a great feeling walking through the woods again :)

but, I do however want to point out that I wasn't that into the town itself.  For some reason I just feel the buildings look ugly and uninteresting lol.  The color scheme and most screens overall just aren't very pleasing to look at, and therefore theres not much drive to want to explore them.  Especially with the game starting there, it was a little hard to get into at first.  The uninteresting art of the town was just such an extreme contrast to the amazing outdoors area imo.

Overall I am really into the game and particularly the voice acting.  Roehm is perfect and the narrator is quite entertaining as well.  Really liking the way the gameplay+story is progressing too.  It's captivating like an old timeless adventure game :)  I just accepted the Prospero quest and am off to explore the demo further. 

Can't wait for the full release.  I'm sorry I didn't try this sooner as I missed the kickstarter long ago, but I think you guys have got something great going here and I'm really excited for the complete game ;D
cheers

Jerminator

Re: QFI demo 2 first impressions
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »
Thanks for the feedback eons. Really glad you liked the demo and I'm sure you'll love the full game.

As for me, I love the town and the way it looks. ;) I'm sure it will grow on you. You can't please everyone, but I think the town has a charm that we were going for. It's a simple place with simple people for the most part. As the story develops you'll get to explore other places that you may or may not agree with. Either way, it's going to be a beautiful game that I think will be awesome to play. Cheers.

eons

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:41:12 AM »
well, sorry if I came off as offensive or rude, I didn't mean to.  I just wanted to give some honest criticism. 

I really think the buidlings could just look nicer. Some are better than others and I like the bank screen and the pub screen.  I guess I just wish each screen looked as interesting as say, Mordavia or the buildings  in say, kq5.  There was so much character to those screens that really gave the town areas a unique feel. 

To be fair, I also recently played some of Chains of Satinov, and that town in the beginning of that game is so great.  I know it's not fair to compare high resolution graphics to 320x but Volksville just seems kinda generic and sterile in comparison.

I guess it's going to be what it is and I'm the only person who felt this way oh well.  Guess I didn't make any friends with my reactions lol, sorry. XD

I love the rest!

and I'll still love the game regardless... It's going to be great

PS wanted to add that the music is amazing!! I didn't mention anything about it in my original post but the melodies are so nice.  Perfectly suited to the graphics, cheers :)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:11:49 AM »
Mate, you didn't come across as offensive or rude. We're happy to hear a constructive critique of our game.

As Jerm said, it's a simple town with simple people. There's plenty of other locations in the game where things aren't so simple, like the port city of Tyr you'll be able to visit later in the game. 

Glad you enjoyed the demo though!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

eons

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
excited :)

is it set to come out in july?  or is getting pushed a bit

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 06:33:41 PM »
excited :)

is it set to come out in july?  or is getting pushed a bit

It's scheduled currently for late Q3, so probably more like September.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:25 PM »
Will there be an option to turn off voices?

It's not that I disliked the VA'ng but, it might be interesting to play it QFG1-style.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
I do believe we are planning to have voice/text options, yes.  I don't see why not, anyway.  We did it in all of the IA games.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 10:07:46 PM »
I don't know for sure if we will or not to be honest it hasn't come up.  It is a simple option that wouldn't take much to add though.  Chances are it will be there.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests