Author Topic: Sierra is back  (Read 16039 times)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Sierra is back
« on: April 14, 2012, 07:36:46 PM »
With a series of KQ games in production, albeit probably not too awesome. Jane Jensen back on the scene, Al Lowe and crew remaking LSL. Mark and Scott back together making a new SQ style game. I think our mission is complete. Sierra is back.

Someone soon will buy the Sierra name and start bringing this stuff back in-house.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
Re: Sierra is back
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 07:55:43 PM »
Adventure games aren't dead. They just restored their game. ;)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
Hahaha. Nice one :)
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
I know that Paul Trowe are interested in making "Sierra 2.0" but it seems like the old Sierra employees rather be their own bosses and have their own companies
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

Quest For Glory Fan

• Super Fan and Wonder Boy
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »
I can see why but I think it'd be nice if their was someone buying up the companies and producing them.

2 guys, Al Lowe, Jane Jensen, Telltale, TSL, IQ, Himalaya, Wadjet Eye, Double Fine. There's a lot to look forward to as an adventure gamer.

Subliminal_MSG

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 07:21:11 AM »
It's great to see that there is interest in re-making these type of games. But unfortunately there doesn't seem to be interest in making it in a Mac format.  :'(

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 07:26:11 AM »
It's great to see that there is interest in re-making these type of games. But unfortunately there doesn't seem to be interest in making it in a Mac format.  :'(

That is more due to the engine that we are using to make the game!  There is no mac version of AGS.  It takes us a little more time to be able to wrap the game into a mac-friendly version, and even then, there seems to be difficulty getting it to work perfectly.  We will be trying to make a mac version, but for now not too much love!  Sorry!
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Quest For Glory Fan

• Lackey
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »
I've done some unofficial testing/helping for previous Mac ports (for IA and AGDI). It seems to have all the standard problems all wraps have. If it's not an OpenGL issue (solved by updating OSX) or an integrated graphics card issue (solved by not having a 5 year old Mac) than it's a bug that's in the Windows version like
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PixGlx196bQ&amp;list=UUc9c_XRqCMMql7TuPPv_7jA&amp;index=4&amp;feature=plcp" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">this one</a>
I found in KQ1VGA for Mac. Regardless if there is no official wrap I'm sure they will be made available anyways.

KatieHal

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
  • Phoenician Lady
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix Online Studios
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
Ha! So true. That is fantastic.
Katie Hallahan
Phoenix Online Studios
Designer and Public Relations Director

suttonmitchell

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 03:26:02 PM »
Of course they aren't dead, they were just hiding!

Bring me some Monkey Island 3.  8)

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »

They left a vital item behind in Corporate Quest VI (a particularly tough pixel-hunt at the bottom the  Contract);  it was the original IP.  A sidequest through Kickstarter (and Germany) helped them figure out which floppy they last saved on...
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

mitsymckenzie777

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »
I'm crying tears of joy. :'(
Does this mean a possibility of a new Quest for Glory collection. ;D
Great work IA,AGDI and now IQ and the rest who sacrificed hours to bring adventure games back on top.  Lets celebrate a mission well done. But don't forget the war is still going on to keep adventure games fresh in peoples mind. 8)

Let's keep the adventure alive.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
Let's keep the adventure alive.

I'll second that emotion.  The Adventure Game Revival Movement needs to succeed.  We need more quality adventures released.  Not that there's not plenty of indy developers out there that crank out great games already.   8)
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »
Good Old Games have a great pack of all 5 games (plus the remake of QFG1) for sale for only $9.99. A certain bargain and one I bought myself. All the games are patched and work beautifully.

Monster

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 05:54:16 AM »
Good Old Games have a great pack of all 5 games (plus the remake of QFG1) for sale for only $9.99. A certain bargain and one I bought myself. All the games are patched and work beautifully.
I'll have to look into buying these, as I can't find my old anthology or other copies.

And to the original quote:  I wouldn't put the idea of a 6th game completely out of possibility.  It won't be soon by any means, but it just might be possible.  I also know that the Coles have several ideas for where to take the series, so there is hope.

I think that, if we would like to see games like Space Quest and Quest for Glory make a return, we're going to have to be very supportive of Sierra Developers and their projects in the meantime.  And you never know, we may like these new universes more.