Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 6409 times)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Happy New Year
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:50:54 AM »
Hello fellow Infamous Folk,

We're about 20 minutes from the start of 2013 here in sunny Queensland, Australia and I thought, as my wife is watching Rocky Horror on TV that I'd take the opportunity to wish everyone a prosperous, safe and happy new year.

2012 has been exciting for IQ. We've kickstarted, built a great demo and gathered a lot of support for our game. We've done a lot of work in the last few weeks to finish out the new year, mostly in the combat and magic areas. I guarantee, you'll love it!

Have a great one and see you next year!

Cheers,

Shawn (Klytos)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 12:57:27 PM »
Happy New Years to you all.  Can't wait for what next year will bring...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
I can't really tell you what this year has meant to me, both personally and professionally.

2012 was the first whole year I spent off kidney dialysis since 2006.  It was kind of a weird feeling; after doing it for so long, I would feel like something was wrong - like I wasn't doing something I was supposed to.  But my kidney transplant is holding strong and working like a champ.

2012 was the year we were able to take our games commercial, thanks to all the fans who came out to support us during our Kickstarter.  I really can't put into words everything that I feel about it - you know, it's not just about making games for us - it's about achieving dreams - making the unreal, real, creating wonder and excitement, entertainment and fun - and then sharing it with amazing people like all of you.  It's an indescribable feeling, and it's probably the closest I've come to pure elation.  Believe me, the 12 year old boy that I was would be simply amazed to know that in the future, he'd get to create games like the ones he loved.  Thank you for being a part of something so special.

Quest For Infamy has really become the gem we always wanted it to be - the work that's being done, by the whole team, is nothing short of amazing.  I can't wait to share the game with you, and the coming year will be nothing short of amazing for us all!

So to all, many happy wishes - from myself and from the rest of the team at IQ.  Thank you!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »
I can honestly say that 2012 was a pretty friggin' horrible year for me--very glad it's over.  QFI was one of the few bright spots, however.  Happy New Year, everyone.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Jerminator

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
Happy New Years everyone. Very glad to be alive and make it into 2013. Especially glad to work with this team of wonderful people. We have something special here no doubt about it. Cheers.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 02:39:34 AM »
Huzzah, friends!  My family and & I (The Lurker and µSD) are delighted to join in this journey with you lovely folks.  We wish the best to all of you and have high hopes for the coming year!
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 03:03:07 AM »
Happy new year!  May 2013 bring us great adventure.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

mitsymckenzie777

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »
Happy New Year guys. Hope this year brings plenty of success for Infamous Quests and Quest for Infamy.