Author Topic: Other Kickstarter Projects  (Read 61048 times)

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: Other Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »
One aspect of adventure games, or really any game at all, that’s important to the playing experience is music.  It helps to breathe life into the story.  But, few actively pursue it as a central theme.  Enter Bolt Riley, a story of reggae music and finding one’s place in society.  Working your way up to being a legend is the name of the game here.  And it looks like a great take on the genre.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2013, 05:35:26 PM »
I really want to like this. I just hope it doesn't turn into a huge stereotypical Jamaican game complete with ganja and people saying "yeah mon" I didn't notice any black faces on the team either. I just hoping they stick to a great story and have great music. The art looks beautiful so far but part of me feels like I'm gonna cringe at the dialog
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »
Cyan (makers of Myst and Riven) are making a brand new first person explorative adventure game with the Unreal 4 engine. "Obduction" is on Kickstarter and is already 55% funded (with a goal of $1.1m with 11k backers at the moment) with still 20 days to go.

I've been waiting for a new game from Cyan for a long time. I love everything they do. I think it was smart to not do just another Myst sequel, but we need more games with Myst's style and atmosphere!

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
Steampunk is a genre that doesn’t get as much love as it deserves. Like its cousin, cyberpunk, it deals with themes of advanced technology (for its time, at least) and with the plight of a downtrodden people, forced to live in disgusting and poor conditions, while the upper class lives off of wealth. Unlike cyberpunk, though, its generally represented in a past setting (usually in the 1800s) instead of the near future. Enter Blackmore, the latest in an ever increasing stable of crowdfunded adventure games and paying homage to this underutilized subsection of science fiction storytelling.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2014, 03:15:16 PM »
Steampunk is a genre that doesn’t get as much love as it deserves.

Really?  I feel like it's one of the most overdone aesthetics ever.  ;)  Different strokes for different folks I guess.  I'm always happy to see any quality new adventure games.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2014, 03:23:47 PM »
Yeah, I feel like Steampunk's visibility as a genre is at an all time high, really.  Even my wife knows what Steampunk is, and she doesn't know any nerd genre stuff!!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
Okay, maybe it's not as rare as I make it out to be, but I still love to see anything 'punk (cyber or steam) released.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »
I enjoy both! What I would like to see is a Cyber-Steam Punk environment!  Blade Runner meets Final Fantasy VI!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2014, 04:57:47 PM »
Okay, maybe it's not as rare as I make it out to be, but I still love to see anything 'punk (cyber or steam) released.
Don't forget about clockpunk and teslapunk!
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2014, 05:41:18 PM »
Malcolm McLaren is grinning in hell with the use of the word "punk" these days!

Bt

Ilyich

• QFI Work Team
  • Villain
  • Liked: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2014, 06:17:52 PM »
I enjoy both! What I would like to see is a Cyber-Steam Punk environment!  Blade Runner meets Final Fantasy VI!
Bt
Yes, please make "The Diamond Age" videogame, world! :)

Really?  I feel like it's one of the most overdone aesthetics ever.  ;) 
While I'll agree that it's one of the more prominent alternative aesthetics, I don't think it's overdone by any stretch of the imagination. But I would be delighted if you prove me wrong by listing a bunch of really good steampunk games/movies/novels. ;)

Oh, and yeah, Blackmore looks pretty nice, shame they haven't prepared any screenshot mock-ups so far.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »
Cowboys and Engines is a cool looking take on the genre. I backed their Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1865079920/cowboys-and-engines-a-steampunk-western

And, of course, I'm a big fan of the comic Girl Genius: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ (I'm quite a bit behind on that one, though).

But, I can't really give a long list of steampunk titles, though.

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
I particularly like ska punk and post hardcore emotive punk.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2014, 07:32:23 PM »
I like the sex pistols.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2014, 09:05:55 PM »

Oh, and yeah, Blackmore looks pretty nice, shame they haven't prepared any screenshot mock-ups so far.

Yeah, this is my only problem with Blackmore - great concept art, but really no indication of what the actual game would look like.  I like the art, though, a lot.

Bt