Author Topic: Status of QFI physical rewards  (Read 2922 times)

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
Status of QFI physical rewards
« on: January 26, 2022, 04:21:38 PM »
Hello!

It's been a while since we got an update about the Quest for Infamy physical rewards that haven't been shipped out yet and because the last time someone brought it up was left unanswered, I thought I'd make a new dedicated thread about it.

I can't say for certain how many years have passed since I backed this project (at least 5-6), but since I live in Europe, I'm always among the last people to get my goodies when I back projects/order stuff, so in light of that I have two questions:

How many backer rewards are actually left unfulfilled at this point? At earlier times, Steven mentioned shipping them out on a weekly basis and I'm sure the speed has slowed down, but having a more-or-less stable schedule would be really appreciated. I know you said not too long ago on twitter that you want to finish this matter of shipping them out before you move on to newer projects and I believe in you Steven, but I've also reached a point where I'd really love to receive my rewards as I'm starting to worry if I'll ever receive them. :/

And in relation to that, I don't mind being at the back of the list of people who receive their goodies, but assuming you do have some sort of a schedule for shipping this stuff & and an overview of how many packages there are left, when can I expect my package?

I want all of you to succeed, I love the games you've done thus far, but I also want to stop worrying about this matter. :)

Thanks in advance and the best of wishes
Chris
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Blake00

• Lackey
  • Liked: 35
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakesSanctum
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
Re: Status of QFI physical rewards
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 08:13:10 AM »
Yeah I must admit when I see the talk of a sequel being made I can't help but think about how I've still never received the physical copy of the first game!

However considering Steve's situation I don't think there's much of any weekly sending going on as he's been needing every dollar and donation given just to stay on top of his medical bills and stay alive which I can certainly understand hence why I haven't come barging in here and had a meltdown like some have (I just did a pass on the comments area of the kickstarter and oh man is it savage, so have posted there again explaining the situation). Although it irks me a bit that those who came here and were rude and threatening got their copy while those of us who were quiet, patient and supportive may never get it.

Shawn/Klytos said he was going to send me a spare copy he had instead (as we're both Aussies) however I never got anything after giving my address and I notice he deleted me off his facebook a few months ago so yeah.. I don't think that's happening either lol.

Sucks but what can ya do.. at least this game got finished and we got something digital.. can't say the same for some other ones I backed.

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 04:05:19 PM »
Although it irks me a bit that those who came here and were rude and threatening got their copy while those of us who were quiet, patient and supportive may never get it.
Yeah I noticed that too, which definitely sucks as it's giving signals that being an a**hole gets results, while being polite gets disregarded and/or ignored.

I'm not going to start a bigger topic as my original post has all the necessary questions and info, I just hope it eventually does get an answer from either Steven or Shawn.  :-\

At the end of the day though, there's no shame in bringing this up as we're both paying customers for a product we've been (quite patiently) waiting for 7-8 years.  :)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 10:48:29 PM »
I am sending packages out this spring and summer - the supplies are still in storage in my basement, and I should have some more time and money coming in so I can do these.  I want to get them done now - I can hire some additional hands for a couple weekends to help me box things up and get them to the post office - shipping/postage is killer, and I honestly understand why companies have whole divisions to do this or outsource it completely.  I was definitely something I under estimated when we started out, but believe me - I don't want boxes of this stuff in my basement anymore.  I've sent out a bunch, but more need to go out - and hopefully I'll finish it all over the next three months.  It's my biggest regret about the project - I'm glad we made the games, and I've enjoyed them but doing the physical boxing and mailing... definitely not my thing.  I'm sorry for the delays, it's been quite a time.  Hopefully you will enjoy these things still after all these years. 

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 06:59:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I don't want to pre-emptively get my hopes up just yet as we've been in a similar situation before, but I definitely believe you want this matter put to rest as much as we do.  :)

Best of luck with your new ventures too, it must be pretty cool working with Ken & Roberta Williams!

PS - My address hasn't changed, but if things happen to reach that point and you want to re-confirm it, let me know.  8)

Blake00

• Lackey
  • Liked: 35
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakesSanctum
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 03:55:33 AM »
Thanks Steve, that's great to hear!!! And congrats on the dream job!

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

thehawk

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 01:13:54 AM »
Another it's been a while, so.. Checking in to see if there's update?

If it makes you feel any better, I still don't have the physical goods for Mage's Initiation either.
What the hell would you want a bird's nest for?  To wear as a hat?