Public Forums > Banter and Chit-Chat!

A Lament for Adventure Games

<< < (2/4) > >>

vleebershteet:
Let the resurgence begin.

Blackthorne:

--- Quote from: vleebershteet on August 28, 2019, 11:09:13 PM ---Let the resurgence begin.

--- End quote ---

I hope so. But I get the feeling people won't ever like games the way we did again.  The KINDS of games, I mean. People will make "adventure" games, but they'll be radically different than the ones we grew up with.

Bt

Chadly:
    You know I wish someone would buy/license Quest for Glory and make a new game. That old series is my favorite in adventure/RPG type of games. Sadly I think it's time is long gone, with the advent of 3rd person/1st person games. I really hope someday we could get the monies needed to create Quest for infamy 2: The further adventures of Roehm. :) ;) 8)                 Chadly.

Kaldire:
Can I get a parser game up in this world 

what happened to the love for tass times in tone town?
oorah

hugs all

Blackthorne:
Yeah, I mean - we love this stuff. But in today's world, this is super, super niche and not the mainstream game software it once was.  People like us love "parser" and retro style games, but it's funny how the larger majority of people who enjoy these games won't pay for them like they would for console games.

It's like music - people want it, but they're not gonna pay for it! Or pay much for it.

Bt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version