Author Topic: Sorcerer prologue guide to extraordinary achievement.  (Read 18380 times)

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
Sorcerer prologue guide to extraordinary achievement.
« on: May 06, 2015, 07:52:36 AM »
Sorcerer prologue guild to extraordinary achievement, a synergistic approach.

Go to grave yard after Beast quest, during time freeze, you reincarnate there, at full health so if you die it means nothing, except you don't get to loot. 

There will always be an undead on each screen in this area for our use. As opposed to other places where monster spawn is random.

You should have your one spell from prospero, the fire spell that dose not work on undead. This is to our advantage.

The first thing is magic and blocking, blocking can let you end a fight at full health, and allow you to level your magic as long as you like on one undead.

First, engage undead, and use hacking to try to kill, and keep trying to block your heath up, don't waste any potions here.

At first you will fail, and die but you will come back instantly at full health same spot so don't worry...eventually you will get your blocking to 100 enough to take yourself to full heath and your hacking up enough to kill stuff.

OK that done, kill enough to buy the bracers of speed from prospero, no point trying to level magic without them, your faster so you can cast more often, even though he told you to go to inn hes still open and will sell you shite.

So, get them, and go back to bone yard,

leave town, hook left, keep going up to fountain, and keep going up.

Keep casting your fire spell on undead, it wont hurt them and you should now be able to block yourself up to full health, raise your magic 5 points on each undead...then kill it via hacking till hacking 100, and magic 100.

Then, you have stabbing and slashing and there is a special trick here:

listen closely. It is not just that stabbing only dose 1 damage against undead, there is a special slashing trick with leveling stabbing.

Stabbing only takes 1 point but slashing takes many, so stab till you get down to 1 point, then slash...if you do it this way by the time you level stabbing to 100 you should have a head start on slashing.

Having looted everything, when your stabbing is 100, go back to blacksmith and buy chain mail. this will reduce damage and slightly cut the amount of time you spend blocking your health up.

Go back to boot hill.

NOTICE I DID NOT SAY UPGRADE YOUR SWORD NOW.

You could but a sword that hits for less, a training sword is to your advantage now. You should now finishing maxing your slashing past 50 to 100.

Now you should have kick ass sorcery, max, magic, and max sword skill. You should also have at least 1100 bly. If not, kill till you do. Go back, and upgrade your sword twice at prospero. You should not have used any of the healing potions you looted.

You should now have max stats except for stealth and climbing, bracers of speed, a great sword and chain mail...not to mention enough healing potions to finish the game, and maybe enough left over to by the ceremonial dagger, for use the next day.

*It gos almost but not exactly, without saying to make sure you at least have the amount of cash you began the game with, when starting act one...when the general goods merchant will be open.*

Now, sneak around town and quickly raise stealth to 50.

OK, now for climbing, you could use the tree outside town but, I don't recommend it. Instead head up to fountain screen and hook right, through the arch, keep going right till you hit upper waterfall screen. Turn run on, and spam click the tree till climbing is 100, relatively speaking this dose not take long.

Note: make sure speed is max in settings, for climbing because of the climbing animation length.

All this done, go back to the town and the inn, talk to kessel, and get a room for the night having got the most of the prologue and, now you can begin the game proper.

*As a special note, this prologue guide only works with 1.1 version of the game.*

I have both versions installed because each as there charms, incidentally.

Also please save your game often using this method....its not really that easy to grind all these stats requiring much repetitive actions, and if the game bugs for whatever reason or your computer restarts you have lost your work.

You might want to also do what I did and save in 3 separate slots, like Magicman1, 2 and 3....to safeguard against a corrupted save.

In closing, I never subscribed to the theory of giving things in a game when the game is almost over...using the prologue method, insures that there is plenty of game left top enjoy your characters hard won skills more fully.

You still had to earn them of course, so its not really cheating as I see it. In addition the time freeze is intentional and not a bug so its also no exploit, if you happen to care about such things...in keeping with the spirit of fair play and adventure, that is.  :)
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer prologue guide to extraordinary achievement.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »
A very thorough analysis of this "exploit" -- congratulations.   :)

Do you know if it will work for the Brigand and Rogue classes?  (At the moment, I don't know why it wouldn't...)

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »
A very thorough analysis of this "exploit" -- congratulations.   :)

Do you know if it will work for the Brigand and Rogue classes?  (At the moment, I don't know why it wouldn't...)

Its not a thorough analysis of a exploit, it is a prolouge guide...I am trying to help people get the nost of the game, I stand by what I said, if you have to grind the stats its not cheating.

It took me many hours of hard work nontheless after all. Its not like, free or faster stats, its just being smart within the limits of the game.

The qfg 1 vga mushroom bug is an exsample of an exsploit...this is not.

Also no it wont, at least not entirely. If you are a brig, prospero wont be open, so no sword upgrade. If your a rouge yes, just break into rayfords for greatsword, but I have not tested this in prolouge.

Also no bracers of mastery...tyr is closed, and you cannot nor should you get prospero's quest in prolouge.

Other than that though same thing without  the magic, but in the case of a brig, there is an even better and faster way...that is, if your interested friend.

All and all I'm just trying to help people, as I said get the most out of the game.

Its also a time honored tradition to max stats in theses games, as quickly as one can.

If it was something like the qfg 1 vga character creation stat bug...I would not post it.

This is simply grinding your skills at the best possible time for better game play. Again its still damn hard work, more so because your doing it back to back, but better in the long run, I think.

For a completionist like me, this is a god sent. I dont like theivery resting at 5 though. Should be 50 in my view. I dont like that you cant improve it at least a bit, to a well rounded 50, lets say.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »
Other than that though same thing without  the magic, but in the case of a brig, there is an even better and faster way...that is, if your interested friend.

I would be interested.

And there was no offense intended by calling it an "exploit" -- however, following you excellent guide, the mere fact that you can...

...die but you will come back instantly at full health same spot so don't worry...

...seems like something's being exploited here!   ;)

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »

I would be interested.

And there was no offense intended by calling it an "exploit" -- however, following you excellent guide, the mere fact that you can...

...die but you will come back instantly at full health same spot so don't worry...

...seems like something's being exploited here!   ;)

I would agree except for the fact there is a narrator messege, saying you pass out and wake up there. That makes me think its intentional.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »
No, it's not intentional.  It's an exploit of a bug.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 07:53:17 PM »
No, it's not intentional.  It's an exploit of a bug.

Bt

Really? Whats the bug, and why is it scriped with a narrator messege? Which part of this is a bug? I did not know this, as it did not seem to be a glitchy thing.I assumed it to be a method for smart players to discover because of the graveyard reincarnate thing. Its sure a neat smooth bug for a funny little glitch.

Edit,
all due respect intended I love you guys for making such a great game.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 10:42:40 PM »

Really? Whats the bug, and why is it scriped with a narrator messege?

Sometimes when you lose a battle, you don't die and instead awaken in Jerrod's apothecary --  Hobbs "found you in the forest (or something like that), and ran to get help"...  It sounds like a similar message.

Not sure if it's a "random" occurrence, or calculated from/influenced by some other factor, like your Infamy...

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 06:50:46 AM »

Really? Whats the bug, and why is it scriped with a narrator messege?

Sometimes when you lose a battle, you don't die and instead awaken in Jerrod's apothecary --  Hobbs "found you in the forest (or something like that), and ran to get help"...  It sounds like a similar message.

Not sure if it's a "random" occurrence, or calculated from/influenced by some other factor, like your Infamy...

No, if it was that one I would have known it was a bug. It simply says, you pass out and wake up in a few hours. Its actully a special messege. I am trying to work out how that could be a bug. I think someone set it up so you could not die in the prolouge there. Why record a special narator messege that differs from the jerrod one otherwise? That is why I ask which part of this is a bug.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »
odd ive done this since day of release lol

caused some major bugs on the main release hehe

blocking again is one of those easy as hell things though
:) but then there is the magic and yes sir

hehe exploits are fun esp when they are buggy ones muhahah
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »
odd ive done this since day of release lol

caused some major bugs on the main release hehe

blocking again is one of those easy as hell things though
:) but then there is the magic and yes sir

hehe exploits are fun esp when they are buggy ones muhahah

Well it works anyway and you still have to grind the stats. I really do wish infamy effected more though as it dose not seem to impact the ending at all.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 01:10:13 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

What?  You mean you haven't found the other ending yet?

Huh.  And here I thought you were a "true" QFI superfan...

Oops!  I've typed too much.  Forget I wrote anything...

Spoiler (hover to show)

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 01:57:12 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

What?  You mean you haven't found the other ending yet?

Huh.  And here I thought you were a "true" QFI superfan...

Oops!  I've typed too much.  Forget I wrote anything...

Spoiler (hover to show)
I am, but that and the secret 5 step things is what I have left to do. People around here are so closed liped though, that I did not know a second one exsisted. Also far some reason unlike other games, there is not alot of info out there about this one. I am starting to wonder if thats an accedent.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »
No, not the Infamous Quest Bar: You get to play the first few scenes at the start of QFI2 with the alternate ending.

Just in case you can't find it, here it is:

( ATTENTION: MAJOR QFI2 SPOILERS -- DON'T READ!!! )

Spoiler (hover to show)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »
@Goatmeal this isnt bs is it? Wow i havent found that at all and i put 60 hours into QFI.  Cool. ;)
**********Chadly*********************