Author Topic: GOG 1.1 bugs (Sorcerer)  (Read 6091 times)

xxbbcc

GOG 1.1 bugs (Sorcerer)
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:55:43 PM »
I found several problems with the 1.1 GOG version of the game (not sure if they're all bugs):

1. Climbing bug: once I pass 50 for climbing, any attempt at climbing keeps increasing the skill but I get the message "You don't have the skill to climb this yet...". Attached is a save game that shows this. (agssave.036)

Climbing the city wall in various places (next to the river on both sides of town) shows the climbing animation in a broken, displaced fashion. Not a deal breaker but it looks ugly.

Spoiler (hover to show)

4. Mousewheel bug: the mousewheel gets disabled in several situations (casting the unlock spell is one but there are others) - it works after opening / closing the inventory. One particular case is when switching rooms - sometimes the mousewheel gets disabled once the player is in the new room.

Spoiler (hover to show)

6. Mousewheel doesn't work in options dialog on the file list. This makes it somewhat inconvenient to scroll through the file list once there are many saves. The skull can be dragged, that makes the problem easier to live with.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: GOG 1.1 bugs (Sorcerer)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 11:25:54 PM »
ive tested a few of these just recently on gog ver

none of them exist on steams ver just fyi

the climbing bug, I cant replicate, even with the save u provided i can still go do stuff and climb anything minus the waterfall

2. the animation isnt broken on this end, never was even in 1.0 for me gog or steam

you can get more than one bee, did this even with your save game, you just have to repeat how you got the bee

mousewheel , odd 2nd issue with this but seems only the gog version has this issue still until the patch bt mentioned gets updated to them (he knows about this one)

the target practice, is odd
in 1.0  if you get bullseyes all shots you got extra infamy,
also you should notice by now 1. its not practice, its a mini game 2. the lvl which he hits is randomly generated, sometimes its higher or lower but yes easy.. but it wastes to much time vs just save reload of a corpse,
this is a bug or the devs removed the bullseye infamy as ive tested this on 3 versions of the game
1.0 used to give again infamy for winning the game, then more for bullseyes
1.1 give nothing at all, no infamy for winning the game 1st try with bulleyes and NO extra infamy
but as far as this being a good source of fast money, its not.. might seem that way but ive found the true way without hex is the old kill undead  save n load before looting :)
nets upper tier bly each time, easy kills fast etc.. very fast

mousewheel in dialog? thats an option? woah i dont think i used it or if i did it never bugged my game
not many people talk about loads of stuff to warrant up or down pages

anyway ive tested these things from another GAMERS gog and steam, i cant replicate anything minus the mousewheel issues
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

xxbbcc

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 11:48:29 PM »
Thanks for the response.

As for the climbing problem - I now reached 100 climbing skill and cannot climb anything. I find it strange that you cannot reproduce this. Is there any special file that can be edited / deleted to fix this? (I can climb the waterfall and the balcony in Tyr, using the rope but I can't climb trees or the town walls.)

The climbing animation isn't broken, it's just shown in the wrong place - the X coordinate seems to be offset by ~50 pixels or so. I configured the game through winsetup.exe and set to use "Max nearest neighbour filter" - I wonder if scaling has something to do with it. I'm also running the game in a window, not full screen.

Spoiler (hover to show)

My game version says GOG 1.1 but GOG has an additional patch for download - it refused to install saying that I already have that patch. Just checking - that extra patch is not needed, right?

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 05:13:13 AM »
Hi,
yes, GOG still hasn't manage to upload the patch... I've written them a mail to their support about it and opened a thread in their forums - alas, with no success... as much as I like them, taking months to update a game is inacceptable.

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:08:09 AM »
ive tested a few of these just recently on gog ver

none of them exist on steams ver just fyi

the climbing bug, I cant replicate, even with the save u provided i can still go do stuff and climb anything minus the waterfall

2. the animation isnt broken on this end, never was even in 1.0 for me gog or steam

you can get more than one bee, did this even with your save game, you just have to repeat how you got the bee

mousewheel , odd 2nd issue with this but seems only the gog version has this issue still until the patch bt mentioned gets updated to them (he knows about this one)

the target practice, is odd
in 1.0  if you get bullseyes all shots you got extra infamy,
also you should notice by now 1. its not practice, its a mini game 2. the lvl which he hits is randomly generated, sometimes its higher or lower but yes easy.. but it wastes to much time vs just save reload of a corpse,
this is a bug or the devs removed the bullseye infamy as ive tested this on 3 versions of the game
1.0 used to give again infamy for winning the game, then more for bullseyes
1.1 give nothing at all, no infamy for winning the game 1st try with bulleyes and NO extra infamy
but as far as this being a good source of fast money, its not.. might seem that way but ive found the true way without hex is the old kill undead  save n load before looting :)
nets upper tier bly each time, easy kills fast etc.. very fast

mousewheel in dialog? thats an option? woah i dont think i used it or if i did it never bugged my game
not many people talk about loads of stuff to warrant up or down pages

anyway ive tested these things from another GAMERS gog and steam, i cant replicate anything minus the mousewheel issues

Dude, I got over a 1,000 bly in short order on Archry game.

Yet now that I have discovered maxing stats in prolouge via undead at cematary, thats not needed, you get all the bly and healing potions needed to finish the game, and get everything, just maxing your stats.

On sorc, I got max stats. chainmail, greatsword upgrade, bracers of speed, and dagger to give volarus, without cheating a bit, just killing and looting, as well as enough healing potions to finish the game. All in prolouge. Thanks to time freeze.

Max magic off one spell, that dose not even work on undead which is great for leving magic. Max sword skill too.

Truth is you dont need a healing potion with max block, and in the prolouge you reincarnate, with full health down in the cematary, so you dont need them there ether. Yet they save time so you dont need to keep blocking.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »
archery = time
killing while you are just doing it = already doing it
saving each kill, on undead mainly the higher undead with axes= max loot per minute
1k bly is almost nothing in regards to say, just waxing about 40 scorps  selling their tails
or just saving and loading before looting lol

again thats the best one there, tedious .. maybe but enjoyable to go, you got waah and a potion lol

also in game tmie, archery takes loads of too but if you arent in it for a time run meh hehe
but to be sure the fastest way to get bly with no effort is to work, at the docks
over n over n over, takes so many days and a bit of sleep n rations but hey trust me on that too
test all of the above!

again  many paths  or pathos to one goal hehe pathos   ahem nm
bad wordplay there ;) only the word nerds will even get it XD

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 09:37:13 AM »
archery = time
killing while you are just doing it = already doing it
saving each kill, on undead mainly the higher undead with axes= max loot per minute
1k bly is almost nothing in regards to say, just waxing about 40 scorps  selling their tails
or just saving and loading before looting lol

again thats the best one there, tedious .. maybe but enjoyable to go, you got waah and a potion lol

also in game tmie, archery takes loads of too but if you arent in it for a time run meh hehe
but to be sure the fastest way to get bly with no effort is to work, at the docks
over n over n over, takes so many days and a bit of sleep n rations but hey trust me on that too
test all of the above!

again  many paths  or pathos to one goal hehe pathos   ahem nm
bad wordplay there ;) only the word nerds will even get it XD

Your right of course but meh...its a fun mini game and I like doing it.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 09:40:22 AM »
very conquest of the longbow :)

i like it too, more mini games!
where was beer pong ffs! come on!

lolz

xxbbcc

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 10:43:50 PM »
I found more bugs:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

As I mentioned in the other thread, I got stuck in the
Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 03:20:17 AM »
8 has been reported

Spoiler (hover to show)
strange though

the slavers house is riddled with tiny bugs still, look at the corpse  says he is snoring, try to kill him says he is dead
run in the empty house and get caught by the dead guards etc

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 04:10:34 AM »
Running in the house isn't a bug. There's more guards around than just the two you can see.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

xxbbcc

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »
I managed to finish the game even with the bugs - well done game and I'm happy to have it.

There're a few more bugs I ran into in the end:

The Load / Save dialog file list can only show ~20 files. I had 50(-ish) saved games but I was able to see only 20 (maybe 25) of them. There used to be an AGS limitation of 20 total saved games - this seems to be a manifestation of that (although the limit has obviously been lifted a while back).

Spoiler (hover to show)

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »
I managed to finish the game even with the bugs - well done game and I'm happy to have it.

There're a few more bugs I ran into in the end:

The Load / Save dialog file list can only show ~20 files. I had 50(-ish) saved games but I was able to see only 20 (maybe 25) of them. There used to be an AGS limitation of 20 total saved games - this seems to be a manifestation of that (although the limit has obviously been lifted a while back).

Spoiler (hover to show)

The most signifcant bug involves a puzzel solution that was presnt in the orginal game, climbing the vines and entering the mayors house from the top skiping the statue and such. It could be done in the old game. As a theif I would not open the front door, would not be wise.

xxbbcc

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 12:12:48 AM »
Just to update readers: GOG has been updated with the 1.1.1 patch as a separate download.