Author Topic: Episodic King's Quest The Odd Gentlemen.  (Read 154240 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Episodic King's Quest The Odd Gentlemen.
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2015, 10:20:16 AM »
hmm maybe u could pm me and let me know how to set this page up, its confusing me

as for the contest, it seems you post just under the trailer video, not on his page
least thats what im reading,

lemme know?
what i got so far, but im not sure ill use the blog but I might put recommended clubs/venues games foods etc. world experiences, maybe my urinal cake diaries lol(where to and not to use the bathrooms at)

http://kaldire.wikia.com/wiki/Kaldire_Wikia
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2015, 01:26:13 PM »
I think you figured it out.

Ya, that place where you left your post, with the KQ trailer is still in the category of "Blog posts".

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2015, 08:28:01 PM »
awesome so, not as dumb on this wiki as I thought
ok seems its just another version of wiki
so from here just edits n such, good to go

haha how do you like the two entries so far

I really wanted to go for Ming, but, figuring ted the movies made ming into a huge thing,
i chose well you prolly saw
lol

humperdink! im nooot listening lol

ty for the assist mate

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2015, 08:20:49 AM »
Ya, Humperdink is a great choice heh.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2015, 05:00:20 AM »
I never played Broken Age and would be interested in how people compare the new Kings Quest to broken age as a modern adventure?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2015, 05:10:53 AM »
I never played Broken Age and would be interested in how people compare the new Kings Quest to broken age as a modern adventure?

Never played Broken Age, despite backing it.  The final game just never looked interesting to me.

This new KQ is worth a look, as it definitely tries to be more of a classic adventure than most modern adventures nowadays, but it's still very much an adventure game-lite, with plenty of pandering to modern casual gamer sensibilities.  How much you will like it will really depend entirely on how much patience you have for that sort of thing.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
Broken Age is crap. I know it got a lot of good reviews but I honestly don't agree. It was crap. It was Tim Schaffer pandering to his own flights of tripe and fancy. Part one had some good stuff in it but it was so nauseating I couldn't finish part 2 when it came out.

King's Quest is great. It's not the greatest adventure game out there and it certainly leans more towards the TellTale model than the classic Sierra model, but for all that it is at least five steps above anything TellTale have done. (That is about gameplay, and not the story. I personally prefer the sort of story that Walking Dead / Wolf Among Us type of thing but that's just a personal preference.) While the "intro" (although it's not called that it feels like a learn the controls intro) is a lot of button mashing, press this, walk there, press that - the game proper is fairly open world, has a lot of puzzles and inventory based solutions and multiple paths. As I said, a lot better than TellTale. But the style of control is all TT.

Storywise it's pretty good. I mean, let's face it, King's Quest is never going to win a writing award for any of them, they're all fairly basic storylines. But this one has some great moments and pretty much hangs together well. There's a few quibbles I have about the characterisation etc but on the whole I love it. So much so I bought it on the PS4 just to see what the difference was! (Nothing btw except it's heaps better on a console).
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »
So the contest being setup on the King's Quest Omnipedia is being presented by both Sierra, and Wikia. Although there isn't yet much advertising on it.

So far only three people have entered it.

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2015, 09:36:31 AM »
So much so I bought it on the PS4 just to see what the difference was! (Nothing btw except it's heaps better on a console).

It probably looks better on the PC, but console style controllers make the game much easier to control. I like think I slightly like the sony style controllers over the fat Xbox 360 for PC controller though. Feels slightly more responsive.

I do find it more comfortable on console because I can lay back in bed and play it from across the room, instead of having to sit at my desk.

But having two copies of the game also helps with having multiple save games, and this game only lets you have 4 save games (without doing some fancy 'backups'). So I have a save designed for different paths and choices.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2015, 02:17:41 PM »
Kal points out

1. you can use console controllers on windows (ps2 ps3 xbox xbox one etc and new steamos pos)
2. you can use a tv for a pc too.

this means, you can play a pc like a console and even have windows interface on the tv so you dont have to get up
you can even make a profile/user that has only games for say steam or gog for easy access (and net of course)

just a fyi  baggins :)

but I dont know I havent used my consoles in forever, but i do know when im sick i wont get on a pc ill usually stick too my wii-u or 3ds(without 3d enabled verrrtiigoo)

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2015, 06:25:24 PM »
While I could hook up my laptop to an HDMI tv, I don't actually own an HDMI tv (although I would love to have a big ass tv or projector). I do own two HDMI portable monitors, and one is hooked up to my PS3, and one to my PC. I just don't feel like moving my pc back and forth to move it closer to the monirtor.

I have tried running the app to get PS3 controller to work on PC, but and that is an option (except I then have to reset the PS3 controller for it to work on the PS3 again, and its time consuming to get it to register again), but I already own an xbox 360 controller so it kind of defeats the purpose except if I'm emulating PSX or 2 games, and want that pure "sony" style controller experience.

3ds(without 3d enabled verrrtiigoo)

The New 3DS for the win, with the face tracking 3D... It improves a lot :). I love my 3ds and Wii-U. I wish they'd rerelease King's Quest 5 Nes, and King's Quest 1 Sega on the virtual console (to take advantage of the new KQ resurgence)!

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »
On a side note the PS3 version is buggier than the PC version. It crashes every once and a while between screen loading.

I haven't seen the problem on the PC, except the PC hangs for a short period of time sometimes.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
I'd disagree about looking better on the PC Baggins. Quite honestly I have a pretty high-end PC rig and my PS4 still has much better graphic hardware.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

janx

• Recruit
  • Liked: 27
  • Legends Never Sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2015, 11:03:03 PM »
Here is my .

I decided to go with the Xbox One option.... few reasons, one being the reviews re:controls, and I don't have a game pad etc for my PC, and the second reason, I wanted my daughter to be able to be involved, which was more likely to occur in our lounge room opposed to our cluttered study.

Now, as it turns out, I actually ended up watching my daughter (Faith, whom is 7) play the entire game. This was new to me, and felt fitting. A new generation of Sierra, being played by a new generation of me. It was Janx: T.N.G.

Below is a dump of my thoughts, as the passenger, in no particular order. I just feel compelled to get this out.

• We did not encounter any glitches, and load times were acceptable.
  • Button mashing....Faith thought it was fun, and it took her a few attempts in some of the scenes. I am sure as an adult they would have been a little too simple, and again....button mashing?
  • Voice acting was sublime
  • I wanted Faith to "look" at everything. Picture me in the back seat shouting "turn left! No! The other left!...Arrgggh". She couldn't however. This annoyed me the most. I want to know stuff, not just see stuff. Saying this, Faith was not interested in looking at much at all, only sometimes was she hoping to 'look' at something that was not a 'hot spot'.
  • Dialogue trees and decision making were a nice surprise. Faith made her own choices, ones I would never have opted for, yet, however, she got the result her little mind was after.
  • Auto saves, no dead ends? Get off my lawn you pesky kids
  • Puzzles were simple. She is 7. She finished the game unassisted. Hint book sales will be way down.
  • Puns, puns puns. Love them. Was kneading more puns from the baker however. I am sure he will rise to the occasion in later chapters.
  • It made her sad at one point (ya'll know why). Which was great, seeing her emotionally involved in the game
  • Death scenes were not funny. A real missed opportunity

I will now play through myself, and take my paths, which will vary greatly to my daughters, so the replay-ability component is quite convenient for me. I feel as if TOG are close to getting the mix of old and new just right. Less mashing and more interactions. I want to smell those stairs!

"Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit.
No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit.
For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die.
Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »
She is 7. She finished the game unassisted.

Janx, it sounds like your 7 year old daughter is more clever than most of the people posting on Adventure Gamers (no surprise there) and the Sierra Gamers Facebook group.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.