The Games > Quest for Infamy

Get 50% off QFI Soundtrack this weekend!

<< < (4/11) > >>

shmerl:
Unless you have serious storage limitations, saving FLACs shouldn't be that hard. They are usually around half the size of the raw WAVs (in the best case). In general I'm surprised though that many major music stores still don't offer it. Some do (Bandcamp, Cdbaby etc.), but for some reason Amazon doesn't. I guess they feel people still like buying physical CDs :)

sickfiction:
My own opinion on why they don't sell FLACs is because noone can tell the difference between MP3 320s and we're still living in an age where data-plans and storage are an issue. I'm an audiophile by trade but I see through a lot of the BS when it comes to hi-fidelity-audio. Neil Young's crazy toblerone system for one is one such system. What would be better would be to introduce an MP3 system with a valve/tube pre-amp and AudioTechnica headphones included. THAT'S what you need to have a good audio experience. If anyone thinks listening to FLACs on an iPhone through Beats by Dre is a real audio experience, they've been thoroughly fleeced.

shmerl:
Yeah, I look at selling FLACs as simply functional compressed and pure digital replacement of CDs (which are raw lossless audio). I can encode from CD to any codec I wish with transparency, same with FLAC. And encoding from MP3 as was already mentioned above isn't equivalent. So the fact that they sound the same is only part of the picture. I agree that only a minority would deal with reencoding anyway, but I look at this from the point of view of not reducing functionality.

Those new pseudo formats are a fake (according to this article: https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html ). I'm not an expert in it really, but I trust Monty knows what he is saying.

Goatmeal:

--- Quote from: sickfiction on October 26, 2014, 05:22:41 PM ---Although there was talk of having a super-limited-edition-vinyl pressing of a few select tracks...

--- End quote ---

I, for one, am waiting for the super-duper EXTREMELY limited highly-sought-after collector's special edition in the following formats:

1. Eight-Track tape
2. Reel-to-reel tape
3. 78 rpm Victrola record
4. Wax cylinders (one for each song)

Sickfiction - take your pick.

(I've got my finger crossed for the Wax Cylinders, personally...)

shmerl:
Just got the OST. I noticed that some tracks aren't listed in the m3u file:

--- Code: ---Beer Beer Beer.mp3
Choose your PAth.mp3
Sneaking.mp3
Steve's Archery tune.mp3
The Beer Song.mp3
--- End code ---

Are they supposed to be 95-99 ones?

Also, The Beer Song.mp3 is identical to Beer Beer Beer.mp3.

And thanks for the music of course!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version