Author Topic: QFI vs. Heroine's Quest  (Read 10769 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: QFI vs. Heroine's Quest
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 12:26:53 PM »
I met Shawn & Steve as well as a bunch of the Pheonix Online people this year at GDC in San Francisco.  Unfortunately I was only able to come down at the end of the week, but we all hung out for a day before everyone had to leave.  I was staying in the city for a few days after that, so I DID get a little extra man-time with Shawn since he had a late flight the following day.  I'll never forget it.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 02:30:53 PM »
I'm not sure many teams could boast that they work in the same orifice though, Kaldire ;)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

merryjest

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
Not this year? I'm not terribly upset-- if there's one thing I firmly believe, it's that a game "will be ready when it's ready." There are two things that should never be rushed- a good wine, and a good game.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 05:54:02 PM »
and one should never rush a good #2, oucha ..
take your time there!

or tucks be the path ya shall choose lol

and yea, ty for getting my orifice joke *cheers

neat to know that these days one doesnt need to be near people to help in a game as great as this!

huuuzzaah!

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 02:12:58 AM »
Actually HQ is a lot better than I thought- playing as a Warrior who's noble, it's a lot more fun than as a Rogue where you kind of feel like dirt all the time for how you act.

I STILL wish it was more challenging though!  At higher-end levels, fights get too easy.  The fight system is nice but I still believe QFG 2 VGA has the best combat system of all time for any of the "HQ games and games inspired by it" games.  Still, it's the adventure that drives me in the most, there's always Skyrim for insane battles with endless possibilities.

Dutchman

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 09:14:15 PM »
I'm playing HQ now that I've done Infamy to the hilt (aside from the secret stuff that I won't get until the hint book exists, I suppose) and I have to say one thing; some puzzles are a lot more outlandish than QFI (/QFG) I mean as a Rogue I'd never think in a blizzard to stab myself in the head with a knife.

Yeah I knew what kind of stone I had, but seriously. Stab yourself in the head.

Things like that bother me.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
Actually, during the 3rd Act combat does start to become much more difficult.