Author Topic: Kickstart Ventures Games Library Updated!  (Read 2998 times)

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Kickstart Ventures Games Library Updated!
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
Okay so today is the day! We're ready to release the game library to the public! The game library is an index of crowd funded adventure and RPG games we've come across since KickstartVentures started. We hope this allows you to either discover something new or get updates on a project you may have backed or known about anyway.

The listing of games gives you the option to filter via release status and genre as well as searching for a specific game. Each game includes release platforms, screenshots, release dates, trailers and more. You'll be sure to discover something new looking through our database.

So check out the link below and let us know what you think. And as always we welcome all feedback, suggestions and more. Like any newly released product, we will intend to improve and enhance it as time goes by and we already have some great ideas in the pipeline. If you think we're missing a game too we have a submit page you can check out to let us know.

Hope you find this useful. If you could share this to as many people as you can we would appreciate that a lot.

- James (Broomie)

http://www.kickstartadventure.com/home/games/
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstart Ventures Games Library Updated!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 02:35:49 AM »
WOW.  That's an incredible amount of work you've done here!  What an amazing resource you've built here.

I'm curious about something.  What's the criterion for platform inclusion?  Is it just the platforms listed on the rewards for the project, listed on the front page, those not requiring stretch goals that were met, or those committed to?  Or is it simply the release platforms which you were were able to quickly track down documentation for?

I ask because I'm willing to spend some time adding corrections if I can understand the rubric for their inclusion, stuff like AR-K on Linux and Broken Age on mobile, for example.  I've popped open the editing interface and think I've figured out how to add the content without breaking the universe, but I hesitate to touch anything without confirmation that it's OK to do so  :)

"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:57:59 AM »
Thanks SD :)

The platform inclusion was purely based on research and seeing if the game mentioned it anywhere on the page. So we're all taking the word of the developer. Soon I'll add a way of filtering by platform too but I just wanted to get this up and running first.

I would appreciate any help you can give to help confirm and correct any entries. I've sent you a PM.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:13:17 AM »
Yep, that clears it up for me, thanks!  I feel a little dumb now, having sent you an unnecessarily long PM in response  :-[

I'll totally chip in!
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."