Author Topic: Rogues in combat  (Read 5355 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Rogues in combat
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:02:30 PM »
Are rogues in combat going to have any special abilities or just be slightly-gimped fighters like in QFG?  I assume brigands will be the "pure" fighters and, of course, mages will have their spells to use.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Rogues in combat
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:24:58 AM »
Rogues will have a "special" action they can perform while in combat. Can't tell you more than that though!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:18:08 AM »
Oooo that's good.  Because I always prefer the rogue class, but it gets annoying when running into monsters and your choices are either to take major health damage or run like hell...;)

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 07:29:52 AM »
your choices are either to take major health damage or run like hell...;)

Damn, you figured out the "special" for the rogue.  Steve, we need something more than "Run like hell."
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 07:36:40 AM »
Right... crap.  Cancel the "Run Like Hell" button.

I'll think of something else.  What about "Cry like baby?"

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:00:10 AM »
What about a bladerang?

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »
What about a bladerang?

This!  So much this!
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 02:53:17 PM »
I'd like to see the rogue sneak up and perform atomic wedgies and purple nurples on enemies.  Or a special sneak "Kick Me" sign application, that would then result in the enemy being seized upon and kicked to death by all the other kids on the playground.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
I'd like to see the rogue sneak up and perform atomic wedgies and purple nurples on enemies.  Or a special sneak "Kick Me" sign application, that would then result in the enemy being seized upon and kicked to death by all the other kids on the playground.

Sounds awesome: You distract the enemy by pointing and saying, "Hey, look over there!"  The enemy turns around and you attach the "Kick Me" sign to their back.  As the enemy turns back around to face you, a bunch of little kids come from out of nowhere to start kicking the enemy into submission.  (I imagine "cartoony" fight effects -- simply a big cloud with swinging fists and kicking legs sticking out.)   After a sufficient beat-down, the little kids runaway and disappear as quickly as they came...

Animators, start designing the gang of little hoodlums!

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:32 PM »
pulling hair, kicking in the balls, electrocution handshake, general unsporting things.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:07 PM »
Oooo that's good.  Because I always prefer the rogue class, but it gets annoying when running into monsters and your choices are either to take major health damage or run like hell...;)

To be fair, that's pretty much how the rogue class works. If you're running into monsters in the first place, you're doing it wrong.