Author Topic: Has anyone actually received their physical boxed edition of Quest for Infamy?  (Read 73617 times)

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Lookin' good! I love this box design. Especially the grey system requirements sticker on the side. Can't wait to put it on my shelf!

k0SH

• Recruit
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
Blackthorne on February 12
„As for the shipping, some work and packages have been done this weekend and will be sent out this week - hopefully those of you posting here regularly (Kaldire, K0Sh & eXo) should get your packages this week.  I'll be sending out more and more in the coming weeks, and I hope you all enjoy the contents.“

I was like: Wait a minute? Getting it THIS week? The same week when he wants to send them? What did I miss?

Blackthorne on February 21
„Well, I can't tell you who I sent the packages out to last week - they were some DVD and/or Book only ones, and they're not regular posters here..
I can say, however, that packages for eXo, K0SH, Sven, DosBox and Kaldire are being packaged today, and I'm going to the post office Thursday afternoon [added: Thursday = 23 February], so I can send you all (privately) tracking numbers and such so you can track your packages.“

Ahhh... THIS week is totally different. :-)
Plus plans from Tuesday to Thursday.. what could go wrong in two days, huh?
Oh boy, seems like a lot could happen. No tracking information in 4 days. Life can be a bitch.

Blackthorne on February 25
„Hey guys, sorry - the last few days of my week were a wash, but I've got some free time this weekend, so I'm finishing up those packages and I should have them out next week sometime.“

Well... finishing up? Like putting a box in another box with (hopefully) some protective material?
Time intense thing to do, we all have been there.  ???
But no chance to directly put em in the mail after finishing a few of those?
What ever.. the new deadline for tracking information is Saturday, March 4th.
Fingers crossed!!!

Honestly, BT, I don't get it.
I, others, have asked for a sign of life after another long time of silence.
What we got were another 'promises'. Again.
You giving us updates with delivery dates. "This week", "next week".
And for another two weeks nothing but stories.
All this is so messed up and I can't even longer tell why?
This is all a little bit ridiculous imo.

Enough said, again, looking forward to next Saturday ;-)
Thanks for the updates.

PS. Like how people are still falling for this:
"Sending this week". "YEAH, great news" ;-)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Will any and all backers give Steve a break, please?!!!!  He is in poor health and has a family.  Yes he owes us backers, will we get it, yes we will, I hope.  For fucks sake show some fucking understanding to the mans personal responsibility.  His family, his health.  Yes I may be grandstanding for him but im a decent friggin person, who pledged twice to make these games happen.  I really don't give a flying fuck about a box, or a guide.  Altho they would be nice.  I helped make QFI/Order/Roehm to Ruin.  The only ones I don't have are Roehm to Ruin/Fortress o fire.  I have not threatened legal action against anyone like some have done here. I am content to wait.  Yes id like my QFI guide.  Am I going to hound BT for it no.  I am a decent human being, unlike some.  Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

k0SH

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Familiy? Yes. Btw, a lot have.
Illness? Sadly, yes.

But with all respekt, Chadly, Sir.
Has someone forced BT to say "ship this week"?
No. Most of us were asking for an update.
Which I still think it's ok to ask for.

Bt was the one with "this week" and "next week" stories.
Again.
And the past few days were another example for the last many months.
Simple as that.

Explanined often enough why I lost fait.

Btw: feel free to call me whatever you want.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
I can honestly tell you KOSH is a very decent human being.
this is from experience.

just fyi there :)

call me whatever you want too
just dont call me late for dinner.
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
I am in no way what so ever calling anyone who post here names.  We are all adults here. I just feel like some make making "the rewards" a personal issue.  I like to think we are all friends who post here.  My prior post was done out of frustration and shouldn't be taken as a personal attack.  Whether you have gave $10 or $10000 to the folks at IQ, im sure what is owed will be fulfilled.  If not, at least I know my money helped make a couple of great games, I the ones I played in my youth.  And I'm sure kosh is a decent person, no insult or slight was intended, or should be inferred.  I only hope that BT health and family are well, prior posts suggest the man is in dire straights. 

Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
I kinda feel the same.  It comes when it comes.  I know it can be frustrating to hear differing "promises" but come on guys.  We all know Steve works extremely hard & tirelessly.  If, for some reason, I never see the guide, I'm still extremely stoked to have been a part of such an amazing game. 

That said...hi!  :)  I haven't posted in a really long time, and I hope you all are happy & well. 

Sarah  :P

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Hey Guys,

I took a bunch of packages down to the Post Office today and sent out some stuff! I've sent some people PMs with tracking numbers and info - more will be going out soon, and we're rolling from here on out.  Hopefully some of you will see your stuff very soon!

EDIT:

Also, seriously, everyone who posts here is a decent person, really - I understand people's frustrations, and often what I want to happen doesn't meet with what DOES happen for me in a week.  I'm really excited I got a bunch of packages made and a bunch down to the post office.  I'll be happy to get more and more done as weeks go on.  Thanks to all who support us, and me, and I know why some are peeved, I do.  Hopefully, this will all be behind us in several weeks and we're all happier about things.  Also, HEY SARAH!
Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

k0SH

• Recruit
    • View Profile
got the tracking information.
thanks.
let see how long it takes (which can take a while).

eXoScoriae

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
http://imgur.com/gsEPIuU

Thar she blows!

Thank you BT for following through.

led

• Recruit
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
Did you get e-mail with a tracking number?  I haven't gotten anything yet despite some new e-mails back and forth with Bt

eXoScoriae

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
Yes, BT sent me an email last week when he sent it out.

k0SH

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Received my package (Germany). Thanks BT.

First..
..the COMPANION is awesome!
So full of information, so cool, so Sierra ;-)

Second..
..the box content is very cool!
Manual, catalog, cards, pins and stuff. Well done, Sir (and team)!

Third..
..the Box is not so super cool but still nice to at least have one!

Problem isn't the shipping box (good choice there!) but the game box itself.
It's super thin and due to that super prone to damage.
And yes, mine got damaged on the long shipping way.
Not due to outside influences but due to inside-the-shipping-box influences!!
PS. Same happened to the big box of Moebius which is bigger in size but the same quality.

If you doesn't lock the game box into position inside the shipping box it will move - which it did - and so gets without fail damaged.
Result: mine has a few marks on the box which aren't cool but not the biggest issue.
Worst part is it's irrevocable crushed.
The camera can't even focus the box as a whole due to the dents.
 :-\

I know there wasn't much budget for this so I've mixed feelings about giving a final judgment.
But if I'm super honest it's a bit like "well meant is not well done".
Again, don't get me wrong, glad we have a box at all.
And not mad about having supported IQ and the nice game!

led

• Recruit
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
So any chance any packages will go out this weekend?

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
odd my box looked nothing like that inside :(
im confused..

hit me up bt..

lemme know whats what. still hugs from my end just confused..

and as mentioned its not even half my order shipped.. hmms
one pin, etc.. not two, no signed game etc.. but ive mentioned this in pms for a long while now.

cheers n beers.

kal-
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"