The Games > Quest for Infamy

Quest for Infamy v2.0 progress thread

<< < (4/16) > >>

Klytos:
Apologies, the forums don't always notify me when there's a new posting so I missed this.

2.0 is still happening. The delay is that 2.0 is also going to be tablet friendly to allow us to port to iPad and Android which requires a look at every aspect of the programming. For example the rooms are currently 320x240 and this needs to be brought down to 320x200, so every room requires a decision on whether I lock off 40 pixels (and where to lock them off, top, bottom, bit of both etc) and then whether north / south room transitions still work, whether GUI's sit properly over the screen etc. I've already fixed the bugs that have been reported and a few other minor things. We're also looking at recording soe aspects of the voice pack again, the particularly bad recordings. Basically it's a lot of work and I'm only doing it part-time now as I've got to work on other things that are going to feed me and my family. But there is light, once that's done (and I'm pretty far into the process) I'll be able to test it on everything and then we'll push it out to the publishers (GoG, Steam etc).

~ Shawn

Blackthorne:
Shawn summed it up well; we're actually doing a lot of work to Quest for Infamy right now, but our time for work is limited.  But I can say it's been fun revisiting the game and doing work to it again.  Reminded both of us, again, how much we loved the game and how much we loved making it.

Quest for Infamy was something Shawn and I came up with in 2003 - when we were just eager guys in our 20s, looking to make what we thought was "our ultimate dream game".  Revisiting it with an eye for fond memories has been nice.

Hopefully the changes and upgrades we make for the new version make for an enriched playing experience for everyone.

Bt

Athanasius:
Thank you for your replies. I absolutely understand that your time is limited, my intention wasn't to rush you. My terribly stubborn questioning for 2.0 is just because Quest for Infamy holds a very special place in my old gamer's heart. I'm glad to hear you are still working on it.

shoptroll:

--- Quote from: Klytos on August 23, 2016, 06:58:21 PM ---2.0 is still happening. The delay is that 2.0 is also going to be tablet friendly to allow us to port to iPad and Android which requires a look at every aspect of the programming. For example the rooms are currently 320x240 and this needs to be brought down to 320x200, so every room requires a decision on whether I lock off 40 pixels (and where to lock them off, top, bottom, bit of both etc) and then whether north / south room transitions still work, whether GUI's sit properly over the screen etc.
--- End quote ---

Is this change only for the tablet versions, or will the PC/Mac/Linux version get this change too?

(Also, considering how big QfI that sounds like a huge undertaking!)

Blackthorne:
PC versions will get the upgrades too - it should run unilaterally on all platforms.

Bt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version