Author Topic: Episodic King's Quest The Odd Gentlemen.  (Read 153946 times)

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Episodic King's Quest The Odd Gentlemen.
« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »
How do you get steam numbers?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »
SteamSpy. Although it's not always accurate and doesn't account for things like what price the game sold at (like whether it was in a ridiculous 95% discount bundle for example).
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 10, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »
surprisingly but Lindsey said the numbers were good (didn't mention what they were) but sales are doing very well
console, and pc
esp on console, seems the console kids are eating this good stuff up!

if only they would send me my code :)
cant waaaiiit

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

daventry

• Recruit
  • Liked: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2015, 02:26:39 PM »

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2015, 03:01:05 PM »
its out?
already?

what i found odd, is, saves dont transfer
since it doesnt use steam cloud

has anyone tried to continue ep1 to ep 2 and see if the game sees saves?

as if you uninstall the game it erases all saves..

daventry

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2015, 03:06:09 PM »
Not sure what you mean, but the way you played, is carried on to Chapter 2

The Game saves automatically, so theres no loading a previous save. When you die, Old Graham will simply joke about it, then the Game will load just before the bad decision is made.

Sadly there are only 4 Save Slots in witch you can copy one to save it in a different slot or Delete it or Rename it. Hence your Chapter 1 Save Slot will be overwritten for the Next Chapter and the next. Careful when you Delete a Save Slot just to start the Next Chapter, as the Game is Narrative Driven, witch means the Chapter 1 Data to the Next Chapter is Essential.

At the Main Menu of the Game is a Gallery Section that will have an image shown of Graham and the deeds he has done. Depending on your Chosen Save Slot as to how you played the Chapter, the image will look different. Theres also a Left/Right Arrow for the Next Chapters, but they will only be shown when you cleared the Next Chapter of the Game.

Each Chapter will Continue from the last Chapter, so everything you did and how you played with the Choices you made, will be Included into the Next Chapter.

To Replay a Chapter, go to the Main Menu and click on Play, then click on the Previous Chapter where you will be asked if you want to make a New Save Slot or Overwrite it. Now you will watch the Ending Cutscene of the Previous Chapter to start Fresh with the Next Chapter. To start from Chapter 1, you must Delete the Save Slot to start from Beginning or play from an Empty Save Slot.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2015, 05:26:44 AM »
Not sure what you mean, but the way you played, is carried on to Chapter 2

The Game saves automatically, so theres no loading a previous save. When you die, Old Graham will simply joke about it, then the Game will load just before the bad decision is made.

Sadly there are only 4 Save Slots in witch you can copy one to save it in a different slot or Delete it or Rename it. Hence your Chapter 1 Save Slot will be overwritten for the Next Chapter and the next. Careful when you Delete a Save Slot just to start the Next Chapter, as the Game is Narrative Driven, witch means the Chapter 1 Data to the Next Chapter is Essential.

At the Main Menu of the Game is a Gallery Section that will have an image shown of Graham and the deeds he has done. Depending on your Chosen Save Slot as to how you played the Chapter, the image will look different. Theres also a Left/Right Arrow for the Next Chapters, but they will only be shown when you cleared the Next Chapter of the Game.

Each Chapter will Continue from the last Chapter, so everything you did and how you played with the Choices you made, will be Included into the Next Chapter.

To Replay a Chapter, go to the Main Menu and click on Play, then click on the Previous Chapter where you will be asked if you want to make a New Save Slot or Overwrite it. Now you will watch the Ending Cutscene of the Previous Chapter to start Fresh with the Next Chapter. To start from Chapter 1, you must Delete the Save Slot to start from Beginning or play from an Empty Save Slot.

urm

I uninstalled KQ
when you do this  since there is no cloud save, nor local saves, there is only the option to play from ep 1 again for me
no save carried over via steam..

im confused.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2015, 08:36:39 AM »
urm

I uninstalled KQ
when you do this  since there is no cloud save, nor local saves, there is only the option to play from ep 1 again for me

im confused.

What's confusing about it mate?

A) If you let the game be installed like daventry, you can continue the story (jump straight into ep 2)
or
B) If you uninstall the game, it resets the progress and you have to restart the whole thing.

"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2015, 09:01:12 AM »
I just opened it on release day and it downloaded a massive patch and bam, I had chapter 2. That's on my PS4 though.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2015, 11:37:23 AM »
urm

I uninstalled KQ

im confused.

What's confusing about it mate?

A) If you let the game be installed like daventry, you can continue the story (jump straight into ep 2)
or
B) If you uninstall the game, it resets the progress and you have to restart the whole thing.

urm simple logic here

A.

A Dev Should never have a game that requires continued save content and NOT support save cloud feature, or, WITHOUT saying to BACKUP saves before removing the game due to having to start over. PERIOD

this is idiotic, not by you but by the devs, Im not even going to bother playing the game until all eps are out.
I find it strange you dont see the point im making is very valid

So if someone updates to new OS and new HD clean install, forgets just that one game, ooops.
i wiped the drive i lost my saves,

Not many games dont save to cloud, and the ones that DONT tell you to BACK UP SAVES.

just heads up there

as for
B.

I really wanna scream at you, really I do. for even making that an option.
Oh yea.. urmm just start over... urm.. no no I wont,
Good thing I got it for free, or id be REALLY livid.

enjoy the game, ill be waiting for all eps to release before ever playing again.

but pls dont post to people that they need to restart or just click on play ep2 oh no saves aww sorry start over kal.

ughh

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 18, 2015, 11:39:13 AM »
I just opened it on release day and it downloaded a massive patch and bam, I had chapter 2. That's on my PS4 though.

vastly diff as yours saves to the console.
no saves will remove until you tell it to.

so no worries for ye..
but for steam pc users .. loads erased the game, ep 1
and went to play ep2

same just happened with Republique,  new ep came out, no ones save data was stored and THEY HAVE cloud save!

guess the bottom line is backup all saves but its hard when owning so many games. and not being on console.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2015, 04:22:40 PM »
@Kaldire I agree that it's bad there's no cloud saves, but doing backup saves should be set in your mind by default already for games like this. If I play a game, I usually play it all the way through in a, relatively, short period of time. For episodic games like the new KQ though, that's where you need to make backups. There are so many things that could happen which would mess up your saves.
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2015, 11:55:48 PM »
@Kaldire I agree that it's bad there's no cloud saves, but doing backup saves should be set in your mind by default already for games like this. If I play a game, I usually play it all the way through in a, relatively, short period of time. For episodic games like the new KQ though, that's where you need to make backups. There are so many things that could happen which would mess up your saves.

if I had to back up all my saves, manually, whats next all my games esp with next gen gaming being what 60gb avg install.

noooo mama

i know about save managers etc but even those are headaches,
imo the devs should have said, DONT ERASE your saves as they carry over,
most where thinking there was no carry over due to lack of cloud saves, god only knew when the next ep would be out, curse the day if it happened get to the next to last episode and the os crashes, having to reinstall, and losing all my data for all games without cloud save.

shrug.

anyway im glad they did the crossover, but still scratching my head why no cloud save.
when even penny devs do it.. like 19 cent games have it, AA titles have it.
but nooot this game, ive not seen many games without cloud saves..
and I own lots on steam.

btw off topic but, BT incoming babbbbyy lol
did you happen to sort out shipments? its xmas time! only about half a year behind schedule !
lol

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2015, 11:57:43 PM »
note even telltale games, and square enix's  life is strange held saves in cloud for this reason :P

daventry

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 27, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »
Just finished making my Ch2 part Walkthrough of KQ2015
http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcKk/KQ2015.htm