Author Topic: QFI 1.1 crypt problem  (Read 5603 times)

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
QFI 1.1 crypt problem
« on: February 13, 2015, 02:09:18 PM »
After entering the crypt and killing Hummel, Rayford shows up, Rhoem says Oh Shit then dies. What's wrong here?
Did I do something out of sequence?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
Re: QFI 1.1 crypt problem
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »
Todays new download went ok until Rayford enters the crypt. After he and Rhoem say the usual words, Rayford just stands there. If I go back to town, Rayford is in his office. If I then go back to the crypt, the routine has to be done again, and the same results. Maybe I'll have to go back another save to approach the crypt for the first time.

>
>
>
This is a few minutes later. Went back to before entering the crypt. Still same result, plus while Hummel lies there dead as a doorknob, Rhoem can still speak with him.

Oh, by the way, I've been playing as a brigand.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
We are looking into the issue.  We will let you know once it is fixed.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »
We are looking into the issue.  We will let you know once it is fixed.
Started a new game and played through to the crypt. Now, instead of Hummel arriving and talking, it immediately goes to the monster Hummel fight, then Rayford arrives and stays frozen in place.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 07:08:36 AM »
Playing as a Brigand, crypt problem with Rayford has finally been resolved. However, instead of Hummel entering the crypt and eventually turning into a beast, once Roehm says there's nothing in there, there's an immediate fight with the beast. The resulting corpse can be conversed with on the same subjects that were discussed at Hemmel's place in the far north.

Playing as a Rogue, everything goes exactly as it should; Hummel shows up, you talk, you fight the beast, Rayford show up and you're thrown in jail. Same for the Sorcerer, everything ok in the crypt.

Previously thinking that difficulty sneaking in critical areas had been increased, simply set game speed to lowest. Now you won't be tripping over rugs, getting caught, etc.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »
Brigand is now ok also. Just needed to clean out the registery and defrag the hd.

It was mentioned that there's 3 new rooms, each for the 3 characters. I found a new room that all three characters can enter and eat a piece of cake.

I remember that when everyone was trying to find the secret bar, that a lot of subtle information was given out.

Now concerning the 3 new rooms in 1.1, can someone start offering vague hints at the least? What general area each is located. Please don't say that they are found in a similar fashion that the secret bar was!

In the mean time, guess I'll start another character and start doing stuff out of the ordinary, without regard of quests or time.

joystx

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »
I'm having the same problem playing as Rogue...Rayford enters the crypt, Roehm says "Oh shit" and game ends.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
I'm having the same problem playing as Rogue...Rayford enters the crypt, Roehm says "Oh shit" and game ends.

Okay, which site to you get the game from?

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

joystx

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 07:30:17 PM »
Got the update through Humble Bundle a couple days ago. Just noticed that it updated again yesterday, so I'm downloading the new version now (1.11). I'll post if that fixes my problem.

joystx

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 10:19:32 PM »
OK...the new download fixes the crypt problem. So I guess that's V1.11

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 01:40:21 AM »
Bt, did you need the installer updated?

Iceberg

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 06:49:45 PM »
I'm having6 the same problem playing as Rogue...Rayford enters the crypt, Roehm says "Oh shit" and game ends.

Hmmm...I'm having exactly the same issue (Brigand, version 1.1.1 Humble).

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »
hmm i have steam ver, didnt run into that issue

but tons of other issues!
should i make a thread on bugs in 1.1+?
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"