Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!  (Read 12494 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »
I knitted myself a sweater out of all the shaved pubes that have accumulated since the end of our Kickstarter.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 04:26:24 PM »
@Goatmeal Are you saying that you feel like the game they released in july 2014 is a demo?
Or do you mean that you never received your code for this game?

If not, pardon me for shameless promotion, but I, like quite a few others over at Youtube, have full-playthroughs of the game uploaded, so you can verify it yourself that the game is out.

@Corrigan The party never stops at the Infamous Quests mansion huh? :D

@Lambonius Too much information. D:
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »
Don't worry, dosbox, he's just messing around :) and yes, it's a white knuckle ride on this team, whoosh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »
We thought about making a game for a bit but then we blew all the money getting brazilians and frosted tips for our beach holiday with the two guys and jane whatshername. Sorry to break it to you like this, guys, you have been living a lie. Gotta go, spilt piña colada on my iPhone 7. Fiesta!

The ONLY way this would be acceptable is if you had all gotten frosted-tipped brazilians.

====================

I knew it.  I KNEW IT !!!  I KNEW it was all a hoax !!!

Now I feel like a chump...  How could it have gone so wrong?  We trusted you, IQ.  We really did...

Sure, they had a few middling FREE "remakes" as Infamous Adventures; nothing special, mind you.  But seeing other people with more talent get ahead -- AGDI, POS, etc. -- just must have REALLY gotten under their skin.

Jumping on the KS bandwagon like everyone else after that Tim guy got a cool $3-mil, IA/IQ must have thought it was a way to make a quick buck for their alleged "hard-work" on KQ3VGA and SQ2VGA.  Why release them FOR FREE, then?

I mean, with all of the other games that have already come out -- Mages Initiation, SpaceVenture, Hero-U -- those games were quality games (that either came out on-time or ahead of schedule, actually) and were very enjoyable to play, all in keeping with the Sierra tradition; well-worth the KS money for all of them.

But this?  This is just sad.  Quite a tarnish on the whole of adventure gaming, there can no doubt.

If only Infamous Quests would have actually MADE the game they promised: hundreds of hand-painted screens, colorful characters (both in dialogue and beautiful portraits), witty humor just this side of naughty, a movie-worthy musical score, and a compelling story that kept you interested through the very end...  In short, a worthy homage to the greatest adventure RPG series of all time.

And now it's all been revealed to be a giant hoax.

But perhaps there's still some hope.  Somewhere, hiding in the code of those half-baked demos (wow, IQ, you guys really went overboard in trying to sell this thing -- those two "free" demos only cost us KSers $63K  :P), you ran across some people who with exhibited the slightest bit of talent.  Perhaps you can reconnect with those people again, and do what you promised to do: make Quest For Infamy, but this time, for real.

There's no way to get any MORE money from us again; 'fool me once,' and all that.  Maybe, just maybe, you can find it in your hearts to make the game that you claimed to want to make.  I know, I know. It's a lofty dream, and you set the bar SO high for all that it was supposed to be, that it can never be what was promised...

One can dream, though, can't one?  I mean, isn't that what the holiday season is all about?

Infamous Quests: Make the game.  Release the game.  We are pleading with you:

Where's.  The.  Game?

WHERE'S.THE.GAME?™

#wheresthegametm

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »

@Goatmeal Are you saying that you feel like the game they released in july 2014 is a demo?
Or do you mean that you never received your code for this game?

I'm saying the GAME. DOES. NOT. EXIST.

If not, pardon me for shameless promotion, but I, like quite a few others over at Youtube, have full-playthroughs of the game uploaded, so you can verify it yourself that the game is out.

Oh, I know all about you "You-tubers."  It's all about the "clicks" with you guys -- that IS how you guys get paid, isn't it?

Look, I already lost 10 smackeroos to this IQ QFI hoax, I don't want to lose any more money to someone who's in cahoots with them.  I can't take the chance that You-tube will somehow reach into my account to pay you once I click on one of your so-called "links"...

And how can I watch a game that doesn't EXIST?  If I wanted to watch a blank screen for hours on end, I'd turn off my monitor... for free!

Again, I implore: Where's.  The.  Game?

WHERE'S.THE.GAME?™

#wheresthegametm

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 01:35:14 AM »
Ha, funny thread...

Goatmeal, frosted-tipped brazilians seems a bit...challenging, but I like it, very intriguing idea... :P

So many ideas in my head right now with what happened to our Kickstarter money but I'll try (I said *TRY*) to be a lady & keep my trap shut. 

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.   :)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 03:07:29 AM »
That's an easy question to answer. Beer and hookers.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 04:15:25 AM »
@Corrigan Ye hehe, that's what I thought, but he seemed so determined with his s***. :D
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 08:27:42 AM »
no hookers pls..
no..

never..

:(

beers n cheers
kal-
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 08:29:35 AM »
We thought about making a game for a bit but then we blew all the money getting brazilians and frosted tips for our beach holiday with the two guys and jane whatshername. Sorry to break it to you like this, guys, you have been living a lie. Gotta go, spilt piña colada on my iPhone 7. Fiesta!

haha fiesta

my last name be Festa! haha
party on wayne, party on garth!

game onnnn

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »

Leave it to ole Klytos to remember what's truly important in life...   ;)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 09:19:03 AM »
@Corrigan Ye hehe, that's what I thought, but he seemed so determined with his s***. :D

Sorry if I worried you a bit there, DosboxLetsPlay.

Was really bored yesterday afternoon and decided to have a little fun on ye olde message board... 

Ain't I a Stinker?™   ;D

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »
Once, I burped and a whole gingerbread man jumped out of my mouth.  True story.

We named him Broomie.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »
odd i just had a vision of the shrek scene where the bad guy is torturing the mini ging man
playing with his legs  run run run.. muhahhaah

idk

* Kaldire slaps self!

Sven_Q45

• Villain
  • Liked: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »
In the slammer to Mr Rayford with Goatmeal! ;D Or Prospero should transform him into a pig. muahahaha  ;D