Author Topic: Violence in Video Games  (Read 3420 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Violence in Video Games
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
Ok so what are your thoughts on Violence in video games currently.  My feelings are this.  Damn they just keep getting more violent and graphic.  And it bothers me. Don;t get me wrong like like action and violence in games, movies, tv and books.  Every year they get more graphic and with more Profanity.  Hell i remember when Final Fantasy VII came out they bitch about the word "shit".  Now there are games where you can go to Brothels, sell drugs, beat and dismember people all in graphic detail.  I mean why is nudity and sex forbidden in games and yet violence and cursing are allowed?  As a former retail associate I had to Card kids who wanted to buy "Mature" games with that rating.  For a Fucking video game.  And yet i get carded for buying starter fluid for my lawn mower?  One can damage one's brain physically the other may cause psychological damage if played too much.  If that;s true than i can ready for the a straight jacket and padded room at the local Sanitarium. Lol.    ;)    Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Violence in Video Games
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:06:38 PM »
I find the language is the thing that bothers me the most. GTAV is a brilliant game but I can't play it with my kids in the room because it's like watching a HBO show. You can tell a great story without swearing so much, especially when it's really only there for shock value. Headsup producers, it's not shocking anymore, it's just annoying. And this is from someone who swears a lot in real life too.

Violence in video games, I don't really care too much about I suppose. I guess again it comes down to my kids again in that they don't watch me play a console game so they don't see the violence whereas the language they can't avoid because they'll probably be in the same room.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »
my daughter is 13 and we watch like jim jeffries and such, haha
some lude shiiiit there!

as for gtaV when is the pc ver comin out, I dont really like new consoles to much, not many exclusives on xbox and ps requires hd tv which mine broke so im stuck with ye old tv

sure i can get the standard rgb connector but it costs as much as a ps3 (to sell my ps3 gamestop offered me 20$) and its the 1st edition that plays ps2 games!  20$ is less than a controller or cord is worth

friggen pawn shop store, i miss old gamestop with pc games
or THE WAREHOUSE for those in usa, where I used to get all my sierra games XD
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »
RGB connectors are worth about $5 on ebay. I love my PS3, I think GTAV is one of the best games ever, but (old man moment here) the text is really small on the screen. I have a big ass TV too.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »
oh is gta5 on ps3 also?
must look like ppoop

i didnt know

I love my ps1 and ps2, i use my ps3 as a door stop

and yea on ebay sure, my point was the retail gamestop offered me 20$ for the ps3 and controllers and if u buy just the rgb hdmi cord from them it costs MORE than they offer so if i wanted the cord from them it costs more than the console is now worth, sad..
that said anyone who sells consoles to gamestop is an idiot.. as they turn around and sell it for 160-200$
esp the model 1 and 2 as they play the old ps2 games no other ps3 do..
thats why i dislike modern consoles no backwards compat

my wii is rare, has the gamecube controller ports and stick for mem annnd the cd tray in it! really rare black 1st edition
so yea my ps3 1st ed on ebay people pay out BANK as it plays the old games
saw one a while ago sell for 300$  gamestop offers 20$
that was my point mate, i know i can get a cord, but whats the point? so i can play games that look like poo
(my tv i can count the pixels thats how small it is) playing games isnt an option on that tv

:P

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 03:15:48 AM »
If you think the PS3 looks like crap, I'm amazed you bother to play games like QFI.

And GTAV only came out on PS3 and X-Box 360 on it's release. It's scheduled for PS4 and X-Box One mid-November. If you comparing the PS3 and X-Box versions the PS3 version is superior (although it's a matter of inches not miles) and I'd say that the only issue is the weaker ability of the X-Box to stream textures.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 01:07:38 PM »
oh no no again klytos I think you understood me wrong,
I didnt know gta5 was out for the ps3 or 360 I thought it was next gen  as in ps4 and ONE

so i thought playing the ps4 game on the ps3 would look like poop

no way in hell does the ps3 look like crap

How did you pull that out of what I said when my fav consoles are old school?
In my post I even said PS1 and PS2   and SNES  lynx etc are my fav consoles of all time
and Ive always preferred PS over xbox,  only 1 game on xbox original I care about CONKERS bad fur day
and only a hand ful on the next one, and then a few more on the xbox one but for the most part, the games just suck not just the visuals or load times

I prefer JRPGS and thats SONY territory

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »
Oh, well I'm surprised you didn't know it was out for PS3 and 360 because it's been out a long time and both consoles were the current generation when it was released.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 12:26:36 AM »
yea this is a facepalm moment,
* Kaldire facepalms
now ill have to break out the ps3 hope it works after all the dust,
get a new controller as my ex's dog ate my good one,
and then ebay a cord :P

ty for the heads up though

cheers on that!