Author Topic: Drugs. What are your thoughts?  (Read 8752 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Drugs. What are your thoughts?
« on: November 05, 2014, 12:51:05 PM »
Drugs. What are your thoughts on them?  Should drugs (illegal) be legalized?  I say yes to that question. Tax them and sell them at state stores.  At the very least Marijuana should be as Colorado and Washington have legalized for recreational use. The stores where you can buy up to 27.5 grams at one time.  Taxed and controlled.  However you can't smoke in public and frankly having THC laced chocolate and drinks is a scary proposition when kids like candy.  So unload you thoughts on Drugs here please. 

Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Drugs. What are your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »
Legal prescription pain/opiod pills have done more damage than marijuana ever has.  That's all.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:00:27 PM »
Illegal drugs are illegal for a reason. Sure, maybe try marijuana once in a lifetime, but I don't really see the point in legalizing it. We already have enough stupid people in the world, we don't need stupid and high people in the world. No offence, but with the quite loose gun-law in America, think of the horrible accidents that could happen if illegal drugs were legallised everywhere. And if you are indeed desperate to do drugs, you can always go to Colorado.

But hey, that's just my stance on the matter. It's not something that I really pick on when someone does drugs, it's their own choice.
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 02:11:05 PM »
I guess we could ask the question, would the amount of drug use increase if drugs were legalized.  I honestly don't know.  I would imagine some people who are afraid do do illegal tings might try them, those who use would continue to use, etc.  The government would get their slice of the pie and perhaps as a whole we would be better off.  In theory there would be less crime as well.  I see some upside. 

I do think the addicting nature of drugs is a major problem though.  Not everyone gets addicted, but for those who do, it could ruin their lives.  Not sure what my overall opinion is though.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
Not all drugs are addictive.  Marijuana certainly isn't, at least, not in the way those who have vilified it for more than half a century would like you to think it is.  It's definitely not as addictive as alcohol or tobacco.

Legal weed is coming across the US.  Oregon and DC just legalized it the other day in the election.  There may be more states that did that I haven't read about, too.

Legalization doesn't mean instantly and widely available.  Kids like jello, too, but you can't buy jello shots in stores.  Regulations will take care of the availability issues, at least as much as they do for alcohol and tobacco.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
I guess we could ask the question, would the amount of drug use increase if drugs were legalized.
It would probably stay the same but there would be way less crimes committed, it would be standardized so you know what you're getting. And as always, if you cause injury to someone ELSE while high, they should throw the book at you.

It's my blood. Though I'm careful what goes in it now I'm 35
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 08:04:37 PM »
I'm sorry, but I've got a couple of friends who've been completely fucked up by sustained and continual pot use. No, it's not everyone in the same way some people can drink and not be alcoholics, but that doesn't mean the possibility isn't there.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 08:36:31 PM »
I'm sorry, but I've got a couple of friends who've been completely fucked up by sustained and continual pot use. No, it's not everyone in the same way some people can drink and not be alcoholics, but that doesn't mean the possibility isn't there.

Certainly it can happen with some people, BUT, the only important question is, is it AS addictive as the two most popular currently legal addictive substances?  In the case of tobacco, the answer is unequivocally NO.  Tobacco is far more addictive than marijuana.  In the case of alcohol, I'm fairly certain that studies would also show that alcohol is the more addictive and dangerous substance.  The logic for keeping marijuana illegal is simply flawed.  It doesn't make sense given the massive industries surrounding totally legal and far more addictive and damaging alcohol and tobacco.  (Though if I recall my DARE classes correctly, marijuana smoke is something like four times more carcinogenic, but hey...that never stopped anyone before!)  Anything done in excess can be damaging, marijuana is no different.  Does that mean it needs to be illegal though?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 09:00:30 PM »
I think it's faulty logic to compare one addictive substance to another and use that as a justification just because one is legal and one isn't.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »
I think it's faulty logic to compare one addictive substance to another and use that as a justification just because one is legal and one isn't.

It still leaves the unanswered question, "Why is marijuana illegal?"

What good is done by it being outright illegal as opposed to legal but regulated like everything else?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 09:50:30 PM »
Carcinogenic is a good enough reason alone. A lot of products a lot less carcinogenic are banned for that reason.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 10:55:59 PM »
some things: alcohol, ,nicotine, barbituates, opiates are physically addictive meaning it is possibly dangerous to go cold turkey and can cause strokes or delusions if your brain stops receiving them. marijuana can trigger psychosis or lethargy in certain people but are not addictive per se, habit forming? of course, especially as dope is so often mixed with tobacco. (friend of mine was a non cigarette smoker but addicted to joints cos he put  tobacco in them) so its down to the individual and their personality to a large degree.
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 12:22:23 AM »
What isn't Psychologically addictive?  Hell i am addicted to caffeine in coffee and cola.  If i go 24 hours without either i get a headache and feel irritable.  I have never read about someone Overdosing with marijuana and dying, as i have withe opiates/cocaine.  The mental addictions is almost as bad as a physical one.  Yes i know many stoners who fat/lazy because the smoke too much Weed.  I know many people with big beer bellies and fucked up livers from too much beer.  In moderation marijuana has some benefits like alcohol.
**********Chadly*********************

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 01:55:09 AM »
Hey, legal weed in Alaska now, too.  I can't wait to read about the next Palin family BBQ.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 03:02:13 AM »
Haha!