Author Topic: Where are all developers of Quest for Infamy hiding????  (Read 9171 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Where are all developers of Quest for Infamy hiding????
« on: October 07, 2014, 11:10:29 PM »
Hi all.  Hey i am a bit concerned not to see many posts by the developers of QFI as of late.  Are you all on vacation, sick, or just busy with the patch and real life?   No postings from BT, Broomie, Corrigan and others as of late.  Seems like only a select few of us are posting anything lately.  Just concerned thats all.  Quest for Infamy rocks!!!!! :)                                                     Chadly ;)
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Where are all developers of Quest for Infamy hiding????
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 04:25:58 AM »
Everyone had to put a lot of "real life" on hold while we finished up QFI so they're mostly catching their breath and catching up! Broomie just moved from England to Wales, Corrigan has been working hard on this game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/agustincordes/h-p-lovecrafts-the-case-of-charles-dexter-ward

BT's around somewhere. I was talking to him yesterday! There's just not much to say at the moment. Patching the game is really BT and myself fiddling with some code. It's boring but it'll be awesome when it's done!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 07:02:07 AM »
Yeah, basically - we're working and busy with life! My brother in law just got married last weekend, and it was a huge affair.  I was in and out for days. 

Like Shawn said, he and I are working on QFI stuff behind the scenes, and it's mostly coding in nature.

We're around, though!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 07:21:18 AM »
yea I just backed the 250 mark for the new lovecraft game!
cant friggen waiiiiittt

so many great devs and kickstarters !
wish i was rich I could spit out the 10k per game and travel to places and meet you awesome peps

:P

for sure check that link klytos put up!
you can even just order a game box or even asylum!!! if you missed that kickstart..
whoop!

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 06:15:02 PM »
Several days have gone by without so much as a peep from anyone. Probably a privileged few are busy beta testing the update.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »
Well the developers have families, jobs, and lives outside this forum and making the update.  Hell i don't think the update is going to be World changing but am still looking forward to it.  Sadly i will have to play the game all over as current saves will not work.  I am thinking they (the developers) are working on a new game and hopefully the sequel to QFI! :)    Lets not give them too much shit or they will work slower! LOL ;D   Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 06:51:51 PM »
Peep.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »
If I posted what I did to the game every day you'd kill yourself with boredom.

Today for example "Today I spent a few hours trying to work out why during combat Roehm will occasionally miss instead of hit, even if his stats are at 100% to hit. Because of the seemingly random nature of the bug, I played about 300 random combats until I saw a pattern. Then I changed an = to a >= in the code and it was fixed. The end."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 09:27:15 PM »
I love it when you talk coding, Shawn.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 09:45:27 PM »
Did it give you a nerd boner?

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 10:38:14 PM »

Today for example "Today I spent a few hours trying to work out why during combat Roehm will occasionally miss instead of hit, even if his stats are at 100% to hit. Because of the seemingly random nature of the bug, I played about 300 random combats until I saw a pattern. Then I changed an = to a >= in the code and it was fixed. The end."

Hah, I actually think that's pretty interesting...of course, I'm not the one stuck doing all of the re-playing and re-coding!  (That's exactly the kind of thing that made me change my college major from computer programming to biology...)  But it's cool to see you're working on that aspect of the combat system tho, as that particular thing was actually kind of bugging me a bit...
I promise that it's appreciated even if it bores you!   :P

shmerl

• Lackey
  • Liked: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:04 AM »

That's one of those annoying bugs which are hard to hunt down while the change in the code is very minor. Not unlike something when you mistakenly put an extra semicolon after the if condition in C++ and then things go weird :)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 07:35:31 AM »
Adventure Game Studio is based on the C++ language so I hear you. Stupid maths basically.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
nerd boner expanded
cock pushups 10 reps done!

:P  thats a tenacious d reference there :P hehe

and glad ya sorted that annoying bug!
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 09:10:18 AM »

Hah, I actually think that's pretty interesting...of course, I'm not the one stuck doing all of the re-playing and re-coding!  (That's exactly the kind of thing that made me change my college major from computer programming to biology...)  But it's cool to see you're working on that aspect of the combat system tho, as that particular thing was actually kind of bugging me a bit...
I promise that it's appreciated even if it bores you!   :P

It's worth doing. It's just really tedious to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk