Author Topic: Kickstartventures Review  (Read 3654 times)

merryjest

Kickstartventures Review
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:42:23 AM »
The good folks over at Kickstartventures allowed me to publish my review of the game through them!
You can watch it ('tis a video) over at http://www.kickstartadventure.com/home/quest-for-infamy-video-review/

I admit I went the extra way for this review- digging up the old Wintermute engine and putting something together as bookends...

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstartventures Review
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 07:45:21 AM »
Very thorough review.  I enjoyed the connections to the various Sierra games of old.  Well done.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 12:03:23 PM »
Great review, I enjoyed that a lot!  Can I just make one teeny nit-picky comment though?  At the beginning, the narrator says the game is made by Infamous Adventures, but it should be Infamous Quests.  (0:41 in the video.)  Told ya it was nit-picky...feel free to ignore this all you want, I just happened to notice that.  ;)  I think everywhere else it was correct though.

Loved that it was a video review!  More fun that way.  :)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 12:34:21 PM »
It's alright--there were actually a few other reviews published on various gaming sites that incorrectly referred to us as Infamous Adventures, too.  No biggie.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

merryjest

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 02:34:57 PM »
Sarah, I did correct it in the review and in the credits image-- I wasn't sure if I could run the adventure game sequence again successfully for recording, since Wintermute keeps crashing badly on my Windows 8, unfortunately :(

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »
I gotcha.  Just wasn't sure if you knew it was there.   ;) :P

I really liked the little narrator guy, btw...he was a cute little thing.

merryjest

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 04:48:10 AM »
Thanks! He's basically my personal character (as seen in my avatar icon)- I use him for just about everything. So I decided to get into the Spirit Of Adventure and make a WinterMute room, make a sprite of him and make a little scene to introduce the game.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my review of Heroine's Quest. After all, I have the sprite- it'd be a shame to waste him: