Author Topic: Thing I noticed  (Read 2909 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Thing I noticed
« on: July 26, 2014, 11:58:27 PM »
I didn't have much trouble playing a Thief in this game as it seems to suit Roehm's nature and the game has a very dark and gothic atmosphere to it.

However, in Heroine's Quest I felt like complete crap playing as a Thief and kind of guilty for the way I acted. (the game chastizes you if you rob from the dead)  That game seems to center a lot around being honorable and a True Warrior.  I actually restarted to play as a Warrior instead for that reason.

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
Re: Thing I noticed
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:19:48 AM »
I felt the same way playing Heroine's Quest...I honestly always love playing the rogue best, and so I thought it took away from the game a little.  Annoyed the crap out of me actually.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 03:34:41 AM »
I know comparisons are going to happen, but they're two games that come at remembering Quest for Glory from completely different directions. QFI is about doing stuff that you kinda wanted to do in the more honourable QFG games but weren't allowed, whereas Heroine's Quest is that honourable way of doing things. Apart from the name and the overall 3 classes RPG/Adventure Hybrid things, we didn't really follow any of the rules that Quest for Glory set down for these sort of games, we just tried to capture the feeling.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 03:58:14 AM »
I haven't actually played the rogue class on Heroine's Quest all that much, but I can certainly feed that back to Radiant about the stealing from dead messages, to include in a future update. Note that the game doesn't chastise you as a rogue when you go to take the boots for yourself, and it's not necessarily aimed at telling you to be the most honorable character ever (there is even an achievement to get through the game on minimum honour).

I don't think there are any other instances where it tells you off for doing what you're meant to do as a thief (e.g. the game does give a warning that using HAND on people while in stealth mode means you're going to try to steal from them, but that is more just as a heads up, not to tell you off), so it shouldn't really put you off from playing the character that much.

Edit: Feedback from Radiant is that the game chastises you for stealing from a grave because respect for the dead is part of viking culture. There's a difference between a cunning rogue who outwits other people to take their money, and just digging up an unprotected grave for some coin, which is why you see a classic rogue like Robin Hood outfoxing the sheriff of Nottingham, instead of bringing a shovel to the local burial grounds.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »
Ok, ok, I concede.  Maybe I took it a little too literally.  Point taken!  It really is a beautiful game; maybe saying that it "took away from the game" experience was a little harsh of me...

*takes underpants out of a wad*   :P