Author Topic: Eat, drink and run!!!  (Read 5656 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Eat, drink and run!!!
« on: November 27, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »
Its dine n dash day!

for some!

Happy gobble gobble day!
its time for family drama and FOOOOOOOD

then a nice sleep after the turkey and ooohh the leftoversss.. mmmm

bring it on!

happy holidays for those that celebrate it!
snipe hunt anyone hehe
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Re: Eat, drink and run!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to any all who celebrate it here is the U.S.A.! :)   Eat whatever is plentiful, and give thanks for friends and family.  Chadly! ;)
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:06:44 PM »
I gave thanks to the god of meat

soon no bacon or chocolate! ahhhhhhhhhhh

must stock up on both! check usa and world news! no more cocooo and no more bacon noooooooooooo
death from above!

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 10:46:22 PM »
AARGGH! I feel so guilty... slurp... burpph... darn that blasted tryptophan. Hope yall had as miserable a day as me.

By the way kaldire, my brother had the original disk of Arx Fatalis version 1.0.
Installed and patched it to 1.17. Tried to start it and message said wrong disk version!
Used a nocd fix to get the game running and it was great for a very short time before going bonkers.
So..., despite the small inventory size, decided to just stay with AF 1.21/Liberatis 1.12. At least it's
quite playable. For some reason, several versions I've tried including AF 1.21 by itself, all of a sudden
also started going bonkers.

So you were right after all, not that I doubted you. I tend to question Everything, just in case there's
a "maybe". Earlier versions kept crashing and closing when transitioning from one level to another.
So, all in all, a hearty thanks. Just wait until the new QFI comes out. Maybe you'll see my dark side!
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 12:43:16 AM »
urm always have miserable holidays :( so im there with ya matey
about arx .. ugh

Prolly shouldnt reply, in typing this ahh I am breaking my own "prolly shouldnt" rule

1. I have the original game also, it wouldnt run for me either

2. there is no such thing as a "no cd fix"  its called a crack, and those are NOT legal, id watch out about posting that stuff on other forums, you should be ok here but its the same as pirating a game to our nice world ruling. NOCD= illegal bypass of the games copy protection

3. cracks esp old game ones are made by idiots mostly, and cause mem leaks and all sorts of issues, even virus infection... soooo yeaaaaaaa

4. its ok to say lib made the screen small, but as i mentioned its part of the patch to auto adjust to the best res it can, JUST CHANGE IT.. or get better glasses :P

5. this list sucks and, frankly again ill point out that lib was MADE for arx to run on modern os's and.. fixed SOOOO MANY ISSUES in the game, and added a few new awesome fun stuffs
or why would it be updated as of mid-late 2014? yeaaa.. all that I know that play or have played arx, use liberatis

6. new qfi? huh?  you mean the Jam mini game thing? or.. you holding your breath for qfi2?
as stated prolly not going to be the next game if it is cooool beans, if not, ill take the kq thing or hell anything made by this group :)

also a side note, the euro release of arx is 1.1 and 1.2  odd i know, but they fixed a few things before the devs went defunct, even offering item and other editors to fix the vanishing bs items etc

check hard for malware or virii after that CRACK, and its called a crack...
nocd sure sure.. but its still an illegal bypass, and at that rate might as well dl the torrent, shrug
dont use no-cd cracks

if a team is good enough, you dont need them ever..
at least not exe file cracks
those FUCK games UP badly

most now adays are like steam.dll files just pointing to a directory, the only thing you need do is block in the advanced firewall settings (i dont mean arx)

annnyway

dark side?
here for youuuu
a clip

Tim minchin, "Darkside"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQmJ_vxHB4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQmJ_vxHB4</a>

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 08:42:23 AM »
Wow, great video.

I did change resolution but the popup inventory remained small. And I am using the arx liberatis 64 bit.
One thing I noticed, apparently liberatis copies fatalis directory and adds a few megs of data. Since the game is started within liberatis, seems that the fatalis directory is not needed except for playing the vanilla game.

Got some more Thanksgiving stuff to put away today. Oh how much I dread it! he he
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »
Iiiiii can have a DARRKKSIIDDE   (fade out) darkside darkside  YIIPPIIEE!

lol

as for liberatis yea it makes a new kinda copy of the game but STILL uses the core files of arx, so if you erase anything, it would mess up,

as it is technically a  MOD + Patch  and mods most times than not need the original files TO mod,

I LOVE LEFTOVERS im 126lbs  6 foot 1 3/4 inches   soo yeaaa me needs leftovers

problem is... number 1 I cant take a number 2! ENGAGE !  TMI captain kal :)

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 02:45:48 PM »
In Arx Fatalis, the Feed spell is a godsend. Ignite is very useful, and Ignite Portal is unique. I've used Vision a couple of times but the reddish view partially obscures such things as torches lying about. So I hardly ever use Vision. I just collect torches. Candles are useful in a pinch.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
vision or reveal?

and as for reveal you need it for most sub quests like the chicken in the crypt, and the treasure hunt

did you do the lvl 1-2 of the crypt? see a chicken? cast the friggen REVEAL!
its a man man.. and with the best bow or sword in the game

but you need maxed obj knowledge to even identify that bow as it casts fireballs its the best weapon in the game imo

as for the treasure hunt, hope you did that!
starts in the tavern the starting tavern, takes you to many many places, and trust me one is back to the tutorial dungeon with the first wall you prolly saw that needs broken down with pick, on the floor there, cast reveal for the 4th clue to the treasure hunt (but you need to do them in order)

also again dont forget, get all backpacks, i find ignite not helpful, but extinguish really helpful esp for sneaking and stealing.

also you will need to speed up time, to fight the crazy bastards on their own lvl.
they give great stuff and well are the hardest thing in the bloody game

dont forget also when visiting the inns secret door and getting to the temple, to NOT DROP or put the AKBAH statues in anything but your INV until the end of the game!!
or game = broken!!

hit me up for questions !
hope you found the secret runes, and a few other things like that treasure hunt :)

glad feed helps!
still odd, as i never eat, and never does the hunger message pop up ever :)

but yea, some of the best spells in the game wont show up in your book!

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 11:58:56 AM »
I killed the bloody chicken. it changed to a man and lay there.

Never could get the SOS spell to work.

Someone else posted a sequence, which when repeated twice, is supposed to reveal current map you're on.
I did that but no clear map. That one's a bogus.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
urmm if you killed the chicken!
ahhh
nooo
thats a HUGE quest to make a potion to cure him and then get the best weapons in the GAME!!

reload!!! reloaaadd!!!

reveal is needed! so I can assume you didnt do the treasure hunt either?

as for the map reveal youll never need it..
just map it manually, tho yes some spells are annoying which is why near middle end game i just get scrolls into my quick cast tab lol
harder spells i mean

look at some of the death spells .. takes 5 casts to get right
reveal is only 2
and trust me its FUNNY and fun
but to kill that chicken?
RELOADDD

hope you took enough stakes to the crypt!

"That's lord inuit, he's a werechicken, it's a sidequest worth 20,000 points, dont kill him or you cant get the points, you'll need a dragon's egg, a leek, a carrot and a bottle of water, and you mix those things in the taverns cauldron"

"Given by: find Lord Inut in chicken form in the Crypt (Level 4, room 31)

Solution: When you cast Reveal near the chicken or are wearing the Poxsellis’ helmet, you can see his true shape: he is human, he is the werechicken from the great chicken book (you can find this book in Chinkashh castle library).
 Then find a leek, a carrot, a dragon egg and a bottle of water and go the tavern, approach the cauldron behind Tizzy (you'll eventually have to kill her to do that...) and use the leek on the cauldron. You'll hear a "gloo gloo" noise. Do the same with the carrot and the egg.
 Now use the bottle of water on the cauldon. The bottle is now renamed to a "strange potion".
 Now go back to the chicken and use reveal to turn him to its human shape for ten seconds. While in its human shape use the strange potion on him. Here we are!
 A "cocorico" message appear. The guy turns definitively to his human shape and thanks you. If you speak to him two times, he explodes like a chicken and leaves behind one of the two unique weapons...

Reward: Either Inut’s Magic Bow or Inut’s Giant Magic Sword & 20000 XPs"