Author Topic: Practice in the Brigand Fortress  (Read 3170 times)

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
Practice in the Brigand Fortress
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:12:29 PM »
Not sure if this is bad luck, or a bug.

If you practice on the training dummy in the brigand fortress until you get the message you can't practice any more today, then leave and come back, it will let you practice again, but you won't get any skillups.

If its actually locked for the day, I would have assumed to get the message again. If not, I would expect to get at least one skillup in two complete practice sessions.

Practicing is also a place where I've notice the skillup banners acting up. Sometimes they won't show at all while practicing, but if you check your stats you actually have gotten skillups.
Join me in New Britannia!

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
Re: Practice in the Brigand Fortress
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:12:19 AM »
Ok, so this isnt just bad luck, and it isnt just a single day. Either practicing never resets for the day, or it only raises Hacking, Stabbing and Slashing to a maximum of 36, which is barely more than they start at.

It would also be nice if the dart board worked in the fort to practicing something like Accuracy, and get you ready for the Archery tournament up in the Hermit's place.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 12:53:15 AM »
Thanks for the report!  Logged for fix.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Browncoat Jayson

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Digital Lycaeum
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:42 PM »
Ok, I think this may be a deeper issue that the practice dummy. I just cleared EVERYTHING in the mines, and got exactly 0 skillups. My skills are stuck at Weapon % Hit 60, Hacking 36, Stabbing 39, Slashing 36, Blocking 61.

This only affects the brigand so far; my sorcerer had all of his skills much higher than this after fighting through the mines.

Here is a saved game, if it helps: agssave.014

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:04 AM »
We've been working on this behind the scenes ever since this issue was reported, and I think we've narrowed it down to an issue with the combat dummy code.  If you get a chance to play around with the brigand again, try never using the combat dummies and see if this issue still presents itself.  Unfortunately, this has been a hard one for us to replicate behind the scenes, so we appreciate the savegame!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 01:23:00 AM »
Ah @#$#@$, I just encountered that damned dummy.  The dummy refuses to raise my skills by a single penny.  Well, my reload is just a short ways before then at least.