Author Topic: PAYPAL PLEDGE TO Quest For Infamy  (Read 21027 times)

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
Re: PAYPAL PLEDGE TO Quest For Infamy
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »
The backer sprites will be in the full game - however, when completed, if the backer so wishes, I can share the Sprite with them!

Bt

Oh yes please, I would love to have my Sprite so it can be my new Avatar.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
The backer sprites will be in the full game - however, when completed, if the backer so wishes, I can share the Sprite with them!

Bt

Okay, so I should probably have it made with clothes on, as to not offend the public.  You did say you wanted to wanted around nude in the game, right?  Heh....

I kid, I kid.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lupin

• Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 03:55:02 PM »

Bt

Okay, so I should probably have it made with clothes on, as to not offend the public.  You did say you wanted to wanted around nude in the game, right?  Heh....

I kid, I kid.

Bt

Nothing wrong with being nude :P

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 04:02:45 PM »
You got it!  "Lupin the Nude".  We'd pixelize the naughty bits, but sprites are already pixelized!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lupin

• Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »
You got it!  "Lupin the Nude".  We'd pixelize the naughty bits, but sprites are already pixelized!

Bt

Not completely nude though, I want a top hat and a monocle.

Maybe a cane

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »

Bt

Maybe a cane

Right, sombrero and cigar.  Got it.

Bt

Lupin

• Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »

Bt

Maybe a cane

Right, sombrero and cigar.  Got it.

Bt

Add an evil moustache and you've got a deal :P

antiqueapple

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 07:58:28 PM »
I think I understand now, but correct me if I'm wrong.  For $200, I can be an apple peddler in this game as a cartoon figure.  If I'm short, fat, and wear glasses---somewhere in this game will be a apple peddler that is short, fat and wears glasses?  Would there be an apple cart?  Would I pay extra to have an apple cart?  How will people realize that the cartoon figure is truly based on me.  Would the apple cart have my real last name on it..for example-Brown's Apples.  Am I expecting too much from the $200?  I would pay extra for cart and name on cart.  LOL (no one would believe me) Thank You

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 09:08:42 PM »

Bt

I'd love to grab my own sprite, too.  Maybe use it as my Facebook profile pic.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Jerminator

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 10:11:25 PM »
Keep in mind that these sprites are extremely small and pix-elated. We could enlarge them up for you though for better viewing. Might be a requirement for a profile pic!

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »
Keep in mind that these sprites are extremely small and pix-elated. We could enlarge them up for you though for better viewing. Might be a requirement for a profile pic!

Good point.  Well, at my tier I'm also getting a character portrait done, too.  I'd probably rather use that as a profile pic.  I'd still love to have a copy of my sprite just to show off, though.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Jerminator

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 11:47:22 PM »
Awesome! Shouldn't be a problem!

Lupin

• Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »
I think I understand now, but correct me if I'm wrong.  For $200, I can be an apple peddler in this game as a cartoon figure.  If I'm short, fat, and wear glasses---somewhere in this game will be a apple peddler that is short, fat and wears glasses?  Would there be an apple cart?  Would I pay extra to have an apple cart?  How will people realize that the cartoon figure is truly based on me.  Would the apple cart have my real last name on it..for example-Brown's Apples.  Am I expecting too much from the $200?  I would pay extra for cart and name on cart.  LOL (no one would believe me) Thank You

I don't think that is how it works, though I could be wrong. In the demo, you occasionally saw what will be the reward dotting about the village. It would just be a random villager running across the screen and when you clicked on them, I think it was something like "They are too busy to talk to you" (sorry, not played the demo in a while so cannot give the exact quote).  It's just so show that places aren't deserted when you walk around.

So I think that when we design our spirte, I think it will just show up at random points in the game. Whether it will be location specific (i.e. if you want to be a woodcutter, will your spirte just stay in the woods), we will have to see. But I am not a member of the team, so I could be completely wrong.

antiqueapple

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
OK, thanks for the explanation.  How much longer will they be taking donations through paypal?  Is there a cut-off time to help fund this game?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
If you pledged the $200 for the Sprite level, we could probably have you with your own little applecart - though having the name on the side might not work - you could look at the cart and it would say that, though.

We'll be accepting donations through the beginning of the New Year, so there's still time!  We're willing to work with you on your prize rewards!  Just send me a personal message if you're interested!

Bt