Author Topic: Error: Game skips key content  (Read 4058 times)

Mright

• Recruit
  • Liked: 11
    • View Profile
Error: Game skips key content
« on: July 14, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »
So I was planning on waiting until I had finished a play through to make a full report, but unfortunately I have encountered what would appear to be a game stopper...

It seems to be an extension of what was a recurring issue where the game was skipping text & dialogue. However now it is skipping animation and dialogue/text.

For the record this issues is not caused by me clicking & skipping dialogue, since I have loaded the game several times and gone back through the problem areas being very careful not to skip anything.

So without further ado:
- The really big error -

Spoiler (hover to show)

If there is a quick fix for this please let me know ASAP

Now, as I alluded to earlier, I have noted this same dialogue skipping error in two other places, however neither was game stopping.

First:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Second:(Note: I did not try this one more than once since it had been to long since I had saved, so it may have been an accidental mouse touch...)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Error: Game skips key content
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:20:01 PM »
Hmm...this is a new one.

Thanks for the detailed report!

I'm wondering if perhaps this could be a hardware issue with a faulty mouse button or track-pad that is registering clicks that you haven't done.  Have you had any other issues with other programs, or do you have another mouse that you could use to test this?  In any case, we'll look into it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Also, can you tell us your system specs?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Mright

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 03:10:10 PM »
Never had this issue anywhere else. I, typically, disable my mouse pad and run a USB mouse, but just to be safe I ran through it with my mouse pad disabled and no mouse (using the space key to move dialogue along after the fight) same issue.

However:
I did get it to work, the weirdest thing worked, as soon as I finished the light puzzle I brought my mouse up to the top of the screen hoping to be able to save the game... The menu was disabled but opening the drop menu paused the game for a second, this seemed to reset something and after this point everything worked fine. I did the same thing as soon as I entered act II (I am not sure if this helped as well but I didn't want to take a chance, and if standing on one leg makes it work once, well... you know haha)

Mright

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 03:11:30 PM »

System Information report written at: 07/15/14 02:28:11
System Name: THEBIGBRAIN
[System Summary]

Item   Value   
OS Name   Microsoft Windows 8   
Version   6.2.9200 Build 9200   
Other OS Description    Not Available   
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation   
System Name   THEBIGBRAIN   
System Manufacturer   TOSHIBA   
System Model   Satellite L55-A   
System Type   x64-based PC   
System SKU   PSKLAU   
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)   
BIOS Version/Date   Insyde Corp. 1.30, 9/16/2013   
SMBIOS Version   2.7   
Embedded Controller Version   1.40   
BIOS Mode   UEFI   
BaseBoard Manufacturer   TOSHIBA   
BaseBoard Model   Not Available   
BaseBoard Name   Base Board   
Platform Role   Mobile   
Secure Boot State   On   
PCR7 Configuration   Binding Not Possible   
Windows Directory   C:\windows   
System Directory   C:\windows\system32   
Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume2   
Locale   United States   
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.2.9200.16442"   
User Name   TheBigBrain\Rufus   
Time Zone   China Standard Time   
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   8.00 GB   
Total Physical Memory   7.88 GB   
Available Physical Memory   4.75 GB   
Total Virtual Memory   15.9 GB   
Available Virtual Memory   12.1 GB   
Page File Space   8.00 GB   
Page File   C:\pagefile.sys   
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions   Yes   
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions   Yes   
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware   Yes   
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection   Yes   

[Hardware Resources]

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:22:34 PM »
I did get it to work, the weirdest thing worked, as soon as I finished the light puzzle I brought my mouse up to the top of the screen hoping to be able to save the game... The menu was disabled but opening the drop menu paused the game for a second, this seemed to reset something and after this point everything worked fine. I did the same thing as soon as I entered act II (I am not sure if this helped as well but I didn't want to take a chance, and if standing on one leg makes it work once, well... you know haha)

Hmm, interesting.  Glad you got it working!  We'll see what we can figure out.  Thanks for the response!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 03:36:54 PM »
You don't by chance happen to have a save-game from somewhere right before this happened, do you?  If so, would you be able to email it to info@infamous-quests.com ?

Mright

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:22:49 PM »
How do I find the save file? I have the GOG version.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »
On most Windows machines, it should be under Users/Savegames/Quest for Infamy.  The savegame files are .ags files, so you can probably search for that file extension and find them, too.

Mright

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »
Sent

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 08:36:41 PM »
Sounds like it skipping cutscenes which are usually skipped with pressing the esc key. I know it's stupid but you don't have something sitting on your escape key do you?

I'll take a look at the save game file and see if I can figure this one out. Thanks for letting us know.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Mright

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 11:01:31 PM »
Nothing was on my esc key at the time, as I say I played through a number of times being very very careful...