Author Topic: Quest For Infamy – 2014 Update!  (Read 17816 times)

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
Quest For Infamy – 2014 Update!
« on: February 01, 2014, 07:24:08 AM »
Let’s get into it – we are in the home stretch with Quest For Infamy.  This game has been a crazy experience to produce, but I can say it’s been one of the greatest experiences of my life.  We have an amazingly talented team, and we’ve been making the kind of game we’d like to play – and I hope you enjoy it when it finds its way into your hands!

A work in progress background by Jason Lamb

Heh, keeping some things saved for release, I did want to share this image with you, because it made us all nuts.

NEWS NEWS & MORE NEWS

Okay – well, the first item of big news that I want to share is that the game will be going to public Beta at the end of next month for those who have pledged access for it.  I’m excited about that – I’m eager to get more outside eyes on the game, and I have to thank all our testers so far, including the amazing Michael Shaw and the incredible Serena Nelson.  They’ve been helping us polish up the game with their many playthroughs, and it really means a lot to us – because they’re already incredibly busy in their lives!!  So, it will be great to share the game with you next month!  I’ll be in touch with the tiers that have access and we’ll have fun exploring the Valley of Krasna together.

I’d also like to announce out upcoming Kickstarter for “The Quest For Infamy Companion”.  We’re going to be having a campaign to raise money to produce our official hint book/guide/art book for Quest For Infamy!  Not only will the game have a complete walkthrough, point list, and secrets gallery – it’ll have full color & full resolution reproductions of the artwork from the game.  Portraits by Jenny Pattison, backgrounds by Jeremy Kitchen, Jason Lamb, Ivan Ulyanov and more will be there, along with sketches, designs, doodles, concept art and other visual goodies that made up the production of the game! With notes and commentary from the authors, you’ll be able to appreciate the work that went into the art of this game.  The Quest For Infamy Companion will also feature a “hints” section, for those who don’t want a full walk-through, but merely “hints” to get you through… and what kind of hint book would be complete without a red-reader decoder to view the hints? None, that’s the answer – so ours will have one!

We’ll be launching this campaign in the coming week – if anyone would like to see the preview, let me know.  There will be a variety of tiers and rewards, something for everyone and every budget. This is going to be a very great item to add to your collection and I’m very excited to be able to produce this to showcase our artists work.  They’re all amazing and they really believed in this project.

Finally, we will have news on the final release date soon – as SOON as that becomes solid and available, you’ll see a big update with fireworks.  But I can promise it’s very soon!!

Thanks for sticking with us.  As a small, independent team, we love and rely on the support from our fans… this experience has given me so much, from the time ages ago when we dreamed up an idea…. to now, where we stand, about ready to finish… it’s amazing.

Hope you all are well, and I hope your 2014 is a great year! Sincerely, best wishes from me and ALL the crew at Infamous Quests.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
Re: Quest For Infamy – 2014 Update!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:35:23 PM »
Yep yep...I'll be all over that guide book when the Kickstarter happens...

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 10:37:08 AM »

Hey, wait a minute...

"...visit Prospero in the... MUSIC shop" ?!?!?

If this typo is in any way indicative of the shoddy quality you bums are going to be unleashing upon us, the unsuspecting consumers, then I just may have to rethink my backing for this highly questionable companion.  My reputation in the Kickstarter community is on the line here, folks!

Either that, or the art department peoples better start putting lutes and pianos and tubas and harmonicas into the MAGIC shop background, post haste!

Or was this an example of a RED HERRING that we all know and love?...   ;)

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »
You just have not seen the music shop in the demos...that's it.  There will be a uh....music shop.  For sure.  Prospero hangs out there from time to time.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
Red Herring? Never heard of him, but he's an excellent man.

Goatmeal, you win the coveted "No-Prize".

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 12:25:35 PM »
Yeah we have an amazing scene where roehm and prospero have a rap battle only with kurdt on mandolin

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »

Excelsior!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »

Excelsior!

You are awesome, sir.

Bt

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 02:36:06 PM »
Hahaha...wow.

You know, I am VERY tempted to make a tuba sprite that we can throw into the background of Prospero's shop.  Just as an easter egg homage to this awesomeness.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »
Hahaha...wow.

You know, I am VERY tempted to make a tuba sprite that we can throw into the background of Prospero's shop.  Just as an easter egg homage to this awesomeness.

You could give it a really cool occult artifact name, like "The Tuba of Torment" when you click on it!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 03:07:20 PM »
We'd have to throw in an integer modifier, too, for the full DnD reference,

+1 Keen Tuba of Torment.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
The onklunk of torment....

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 03:55:49 PM »
Can the tuba have a watermelon jammed in it?  Or does that only work with sousaphones?
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »
Is it a magic watermelon?