Author Topic: Getting our infamy-on...  (Read 6796 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Getting our infamy-on...
« on: July 19, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
So any news on the release date?

I'm hoping to rob nearly every house/business in town, and that the characters are all incredibly reactive to events. (like in QFG 4's town)

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
Re: Getting our infamy-on...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 03:37:37 PM »
Haha, I wasn't gonna ask that question, but since you did it for me...  ;) It was supposed to be late Q2 right?  Which I'm guessing might be around Aug/Sept?  I figured there would be last minute stuff that'd come up so I was just hopeful for a sometime-in-2013 release.   

Oh yeah.  I have big plans for the people in that town...

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »
As of now, we don't have any date.  It will get released when it is done.  That being said, we have been working extremely hard and have been adding lots of content on a daily basis.  To be honest, I am guessing we want it to get released even more than you do!
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 04:54:27 PM »
Yeah, our projected release date was late-Q3 2013, which meant late September.  Like Chuck said, we're working feverishly to meet that objective.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »
I can't wait to get my hands on the game, but you guys already know my stance on released-on-time versus delayed-but-polished.

I'm so looking forward to using and abusing all of the backers making cameos.  >:D
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »
It's good not to rush games too much, that's what hurt KoToR 2.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »
I generally add a buffer of one to two quarters onto release dates from indie teams, so as long as it is released by Christmas I will be pleased.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »
       By all reports, QFI is making great progress. So as long as it does Not take a couple years to be completed, I think we all can be patient and will be satisfied with the game. :).  That being said I would love the game to be released tomorrow, but as the old saying goes it will be done when its done.  Everyone keep up all the hard work!
**********Chadly*********************

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 07:40:14 PM »
forget years, how about centuries, it'll be done by the next eon
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »
I have no idea what other indie adventures are being released this year, but it would be really cool if an Indie Adventure Christmas bundle could be put together and distributed.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 04:56:41 AM »
I have no idea what other indie adventures are being released this year, but it would be really cool if an Indie Adventure Christmas bundle could be put together and distributed.

Yeah, you really don't want to release in a bundle, though.  It's a really bad idea.  You want as many full-price sales as possible at launch, and then run sales or bundles once that tapers off.  Watch what Wadjet Eye does;  Dave is wicked smart about the "long-tail" nature of his catalog.  Primordia has had hardly any sales (for example, having launched 12/2012) but we see the Blackwell games and Gemini Rue on sale quite frequently.

I'd dearly like to see the Humble Bundle guys do a themed bundle, a Humble Adventure Bundle, full of cross-platform graphic adventures, someday.  That would be so incredibly cool to me!  QFI would fit nicely in that fantasy bundle, I would say, and would help justify the feverish lengths to which we are going in the AGS engine porting community, especially if QFI could be joined by other Kickstarted AGS adventure games (like Stacy's Jack Houston project, Himalaya's project, and maybe Alasdair's Nelly Cootalot sequel, for example).
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 06:04:59 AM »
I don't mean to go all commercial on you, but we wouldn't release in a bundle until the game has been out for a fairly long while. Going into a bundle would mean we would make less money as they couldn't charge much more than our RRP for a bundle of 3-4 games.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »
Yeah as i posted it was thinking hold on Christmas would be too close  to the main release for a bundle. but still like the idea, maybe Christmas 2014.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »
Bundles are what you do with old releases after primary sales have dropped off to next to nothing and you need a way to boost sales for an old product.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »
Haha, I wasn't gonna ask that question, but since you did it for me...  ;) It was supposed to be late Q2 right?  Which I'm guessing might be around Aug/Sept?  I figured there would be last minute stuff that'd come up so I was just hopeful for a sometime-in-2013 release.   

Oh yeah.  I have big plans for the people in that town...

I recommend hookers, drugs and more drinking, if those aren't already there.  ;)