Author Topic: QFI 2?  (Read 18565 times)

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
Re: QFI 2?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
Dammit, I was looking forward to shovel horse manure :(

Now I expect Bill as an easter egg as compensation
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 03:30:00 PM »
You ReaLLY want to shovel Shit?  Well than go to a farm guy. Lets leave the shit-shoveling for farmers and politicians ok?  Not for PC adventure games.  Perhaps the folks at IQ could make the next game "plumbers  quest the Search for Shit!"  LOl. :)
**********Chadly*********************

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 03:50:34 PM »
I know another game company that made a game about a plumber and that turned out pretty good ;)
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
I know another game company that made a game about a plumber and that turned out pretty good ;)

Yes, but I believe "Jumpman" originally started out as a carpenter...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
Whatever the case, I could make a game about a manure shoveler and it would be awesome.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »
Like a Homestarrunner game with the King of Town and the Poopsmith as lead characters.  I'd play that.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »
Dammit, I was looking forward to shovel horse manure :(

You could just play more Quest for Glory I. They even pay you to do it.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
Perhaps the folks at IQ could make the next game "plumbers  quest the Search for Shit!"  LOl. :)

Why compete?  The Two Guys from Andromeda came out of semi-retirement to make that game for us... I backed it, and it's going to be freaking amazing.   8)
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

s_d

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »
I guess from that point, the only way to proceed would be through prequels.

Pretty sure that once you've completed the fourth and fifth games, the big reveal would be that those were the prequels.

I'm thinking that QFI6 would have to become an ARG at that point, where each time you go to play, you find your saved game has advanced beyond where you were when you last stopped.  Who's been playing while you were away?  What is the coded message hidden in the save slot names?  And... how is Roehm calling you on your mobile from INSIDE THE HOUSE...
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 06:45:10 PM »
Why compete?  The Two Guys from Andromeda came out of semi-retirement to make that game for us... I backed it, and it's going to be freaking amazing.   Damn you have an answer for everthing, don't you?  I was being a smart-ass, trying to be my commical self.   8)

s_d

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »
Damn you have an answer for everthing, don't you?

Well, that would make me the smart-ass, right?

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 07:10:05 PM »
Damn you have an answer for everthing, don't you?

Well, that would make me the smart-ass, right?
  You are correct sir. ;D  You win I yield, for now. mawhahwha....

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
I guess from that point, the only way to proceed would be through prequels.

Pretty sure that once you've completed the fourth and fifth games, the big reveal would be that those were the prequels.

Actually, that would be a great selling point!

When QFG1 is released, you could have a line of advertising something like this:

"You know and loved QFI2, so IA created a back story to show how it all began.  Play the prequel to QFI2 -- the all-new QFI1 !!!"

Then, when QFI2 comes out...

"Remember how great QFI3 was?  Relive a brand-new, earlier adventure in the prequel QFI2 !!!"

And so on...

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 11:00:17 PM »
"Remember how great QFI3 was?  Relive a brand-new, earlier adventure in the prequel QFI2 !!!"

Wait... you mean someone would try to advertise that they've made game number 2 - which was already out there and established - in a series that was already well past that point, both story-wise and technologically? I can't see anybody being interested in a rerelease like that.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:44 AM »

Wait... you mean someone would try to advertise that they've made game number 2 - which was already out there and established - in a series that was already well past that point, both story-wise and technologically? I can't see anybody being interested in a rerelease like that.

I'm sorry -- I didn't make myself clear.

It's a twist on the old "If you liked Game #1, then you'll love Game #2!" type of advertising -- but in reverse.

When QFI1 comes out, pretend that QFI2 has been out for several years (even though it doesn't technically exist yet), and that IA has made the prequel to the non-existent QFI2 because of such high demand: hence, QFI1 !

Then when QFI2 comes out, pretend that QFI3 has been out for several years (even though it doesn't technically exist yet), and that IA has made the prequel to the non-existent QFI3 because of such high demand: hence, QFI2 !

Guess it wasn't so clever in retrospect.  :-\  I blame lack of sleep on my part.  :o