Author Topic: Brigand, Rogue or Sorcerer? What did you become first?  (Read 28329 times)

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
Brigand, Rogue or Sorcerer? What did you become first?
« on: July 03, 2012, 08:11:28 AM »
What class did everyone pick first? Did Ian charm you with his slick patter? Did Kurdt persuade you to kick some beast's ass or did the pentagramishness of Prospero draw you to the mystic side?

The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

smaug

Re: Brigand, Rogue or Sorcerer? What did you become first?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »
I played through the sorcerers path, the first time I completed the demo. Prosperos house is so assuming, if you will, that you simply could not just walk past, so I went in and I really liked the fellow, and it was pretty straight forward from there, really.
The sorcerers path was, in my opinion, the easiest, while the brigands path had some nasty posers...

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »
I played thru the brigands path first, then rogues, and finally the sorcerers.  Great demo all the way thru! cant wait for the expanded demo and the full game!!!! :)  Also anybody find my plea to save Flubber funny?
**********Chadly*********************

Draven

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 03:40:35 AM »
Rogue

I love sneaking around and stealthily accomplishing my goals instead of using brute force or utilizing supernatural forces. I'll admit I was a little bummed that we didn't get to use any spells or use any thief-like skills in the demo but I understand that there was quite a bit of crunch time in the preparation stages.

But either way, I went with the Sorcerer next and then finally the Brigand.

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »
Weird thing is, I always play the magic user in role playing games, but I ended up playing a Brigand first time around. I have no idea why, but I completely forgot about Prospero's shop and ended up just heading to the pub, but then that's a typically English thing to do, when it doubt, go to the pub. What makes this weird is that I rarely play as a fighter. When I can't use Magic, I play the sneaky role.

So second time, I did Sorcerers and then finally Rogue.

Ilias

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
Though I always enjoy the rogue stile of life ,I made a stop at Prosperos first. I really couldn't resist that  :)
Second stop ,lets go for a drink .
I think I'm going to have a serious dilemma on what class I'll start the game !

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »
To tell you the truth, I haven't completed a single playthrough of the demo.  I got the brigand quest, but haven't completed it.  I probably should load it up and finish.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »
I did choose rogue but tbh I wan't really aware that I was choosing anything
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:50:11 AM »
I too went to Prospero's house first--couldn't resist (plus his voice!  Wow.)--but a magic user really isn't my thing.  I'm always the Thief, dunno what that says about me but it's always my favorite.  ;)  Anyway, I did the wizard route first, but like someone else said, I didn't really know I was "choosing" a class at the time.  Of course after that, I saw the pub and immediately had to go there but never got past the Drunk game, so I headed out to help out the Thief instead.  Probably will go that route when the game comes out--I've already got my eye on a few houses in the village to pillage.   ;)

Sarah

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »
Haha that's the beauty of it! Go where your curiosity takes you, you can always say no...
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »
Haha that's the beauty of it! Go where your curiosity takes you, you can always say no...

There's just one problem with that. Years of playing role playing games (and MMO's) have brainwashed me into saying yes to everything quest related.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »

There's just one problem with that. Years of playing role playing games (and MMO's) have brainwashed me into saying yes to everything quest related.

I actually agree with this.  I had the same issue the first time through.  It's not at all apparent that you're making a game-altering choice until after you've made it.  At least when choosing the 3 paths in Fate of Atlantis, there was a lot of dialog building up to one decision, and you could save right there and do something again.  The problem is that your choice is pretty much locked in once you talk to one of those guys after the execution, yet you don't know that until you try to go see the others and can't.  On top of that, the only one who really directly tells you to talk to him after the execution is Kurdt.  Not a huge deal, but it could be tweaked to be more clear.  It's certainly not like it takes a lot of play time to get back to that point though.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »
I usually play the thief but in this case played through as the sorcerer first. I like the idea that you decide your path in a the context of story, but agree with others, it should be slightly clearer that you are making a game altering decision.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
Save early, save often, friends!  Go back and try something else if you don't like where you're headed, eh?  EH?

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 05:08:20 PM »
Save early, save often, friends!  Go back and try something else if you don't like where you're headed, eh?  EH?

Bt

And normally, I would agree with that--and like I said, it doesn't eat up a ton of game time--but it might be nice to at least have the option to actually activate all three "quests," and then whoever you end up giving the monster part to--that would dictate your choice.  The main nitpick I have is that the other two quest paths are closed off to you as SOON as you talk to one of the three characters, not after you finish the quest.  I'd like to have been able to talk to each character, get their proposals, and then decide which one to help--that seems the more logical solution to me.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.