Author Topic: Help--and spoilers welcome :)  (Read 6636 times)

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
Help--and spoilers welcome :)
« on: January 28, 2016, 09:22:38 PM »
Ok, I'm loving this game, first & foremost.  I would love nothing more than to complete it without hints or a walkthrough (that's actually a lie, I almost always have to use at least part of a walkthrough), but I'm stuck and I don't like it.  ;)  I'll try to explain very quickly where I'm at:

(By the way, possible SPOILERS ahead...I haven't posted in over a year so I'm rusty on how to hide sentences & paragraphs!  I apologize for that.)

I'm basically just unsure of where to go next.  I have met Yamma Uba, gotten the restored potion made, freed the knight from the spider, gotten the fisherman & Glenda together...gotten a spider in a jar, rescued the gnome...visited the Isleof the Honored...

What do I do next?  For one, I'd like to know how to get the Firienne Berries from that damn angry tree...I can pacify it with music but that's not enough. 

Also--please tell me how to find the damn pixie's harp in the swamp maze.  I've wandered around forever!  Is it something with the thorny bush?  I have zero clue what the turtle's riddle means "don't wear wet pants in the swamp" or whatever he says, hah.  ;)

I know it's early & I'm impatient...but when I really like a game I get a little obsessed.  You guys have made an amazing game.

Thanks so much!!  Good to see familiar faces on here.  ❤️

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Help--and spoilers welcome :)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:40:30 AM »
The big thing you need to do next is the harp / getting your book back so you can play all the songs. You've got everything you need for that, except the harp...

The thing the Turtle says is a clue - take each word and the first letter is the directions in the swamp. (I don't remember the exact wording off the top of my head, but basically go west from the screen that has the "SEER" sign on it. You'll find
the harp in there somewhere.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:02:18 PM »
kinda keep QFI in mind, and how to access the theives den 
news ? anyone? lol

BUT keep in mind you will have to go off the beaten path as you did to get to the hut.

me i tried playing the lute during the UH OH HIDE

and AGS spit many errors out, and crashed the game lol

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 07:32:39 PM »
Awesome, thank you guys so much.  I finished the game with your help, and it was a really neat ending.  I really enjoyed playing, not only for the beautiful scenery & storyline, but also because it wasn't so incredibly complicated that for, maybe the first time ever, I was able to complete it without a walkthrough or a Let's Play.  The puzzles were challenging enough to make you think, but no so difficult that you felt frustrated enough to give up.  Well done, as always!  But I expected no less from this amazing team.  I will happily back anything you guys make.   :)

Probably my favorite thing was learning that last song & playing it for everyone.  Lots of funny things to do with it, haha!  My only teeny disappointment was that I didn't get any "confessions" from Stefan...he was the one I figured would have the best Easter egg of all!  ;)

Lastly, would someone mind reminding me how to hide my spoiler posts so I can go back & fix them?  I'd feel guilty if I ruined something for someone playing right now. 

Cheers & congrats on yet another successful game!
~Sarah

seth50k

• Lackey
  • Liked: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Help--and spoilers welcome :)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »
The big thing you need to do next is the harp / getting your book back so you can play all the songs. You've got everything you need for that, except the harp...

The thing the Turtle says is a clue - take each word and the first letter is the directions in the swamp. (I don't remember the exact wording off the top of my head, but basically go west from the screen that has the "SEER" sign on it. You'll find
the harp in there somewhere.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I played the lovesong for the potion maker, and the fisherman went to her. I then gave her the rose as well, and now he's back near the lake and I can't get the Turtle to say his "instructions" again, nor will they let me go into the swamp that direction...

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 09:44:58 PM »
once the .. connection is made, both he and her should be in her shop forever..
 in love

soo..
maybe ya missed a step or were they ever in the potion shop?

together i mean.

another trigger btw
and you dont need to do those 3 things in a specific order.
:)

not sure how or why he would ever go back to the pond, its part of why the turtle gives up the clue vs saying no no from the fisherman..

ill try to replicate that

what was the order you did the fisherman connection in?
pm me if you dont like to post it

so far the only things I seem to not know are the untie and the slingshot.. all else I doth believe I figured out game wise, maybe a few secrets too i missed..

seth50k

• Lackey
  • Liked: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 02:08:07 AM »
once the .. connection is made, both he and her should be in her shop forever..
 in love

soo..
maybe ya missed a step or were they ever in the potion shop?

together i mean.

another trigger btw
and you dont need to do those 3 things in a specific order.
:)

not sure how or why he would ever go back to the pond, its part of why the turtle gives up the clue vs saying no no from the fisherman..

ill try to replicate that

what was the order you did the fisherman connection in?
pm me if you dont like to post it

so far the only things I seem to not know are the untie and the slingshot.. all else I doth believe I figured out game wise, maybe a few secrets too i missed..
They were together in the potion shop. I gave her the rose with him in the potion shop if i recall correctly...maybe that reset their positions..

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 02:29:17 AM »
Ted shouldn't be in the potion shop until you've given Glenda the rose and sung the song to her.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 04:46:55 PM »
i did it all out of order,
before he even sang the song to me i gave her the flower in beta,
and i played the song, THEN i went to tell him and he never came back etc

always stays in potion shop so you can complete said quests for an item that helps with another puzzle

unsure how it reset i tried a few diff ways, nothing did what you described, both stay PUT in the potion shop and i tried breaking it..

shrug.

any clues devs ?