Author Topic: Playing Rhem 2 in Windows 7 64 bit  (Read 3241 times)

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Playing Rhem 2 in Windows 7 64 bit
« on: May 16, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »
The game does really well, but I can't find the save files anywhere on the HD. I copied the entire game folder and pasted it on a pc running Win XP 32 bit, the saves didn't go with it, proving the save files are hidden somewhere in the win 7 64 bit hd. In win 7 64 bit, even the game directory has no save files, yet I can restore them.

On the XP 32 bit machine, the save files are found in the dpot directory. Anyone have an idea why the save files can't be found on the win 7 64 bit machine. I even have the show hidden directories option enabled.

>

Finally found the save location for Rhem 2 in win 7 64 bit. with view hidden files/folders, here's where I found them:

\\GEORGE-PC\Users\George\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Rhem2_E\DATA\DPOT

The George-PC was hidden.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Playing Rhem 2 in Windows 7 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 03:21:40 AM »
tis why i always unhide all files and folders and extensions

MOST games will hide stuff in roaming or locallow etc,

if you want to say copy a game over, get ready

some are simple some require files from USERS>USERNAME>mydocs   or >saved games 
but most.. from USERS>userNAME>appdata> then take a pick usually its in roaming but sometimes can be in locallow or local

anyway. its not hiding the files, just its how it works

also dont get me started on uefi mode vs legacy and how xp cant see that but it can the other way round.

anyway..

just make sure to unhide folders  files and check next to the show extensions for files etc,
provided you are the only one using that pc anyway or it can get pretty funky

ALSO please be sure to never reissue permissions if a folder says you dont have access (even as admin) and you get the message saying , would you like to take control and get permissions, DONT DO THAT..
kk?

coo coo daddy o

also dont get to hung up on that, or do but hurry
soon windows poop 10 is coming soon summer,  forcing upgrades or games cant be played (new games anyway)

soo yeee haww . another terrible move by microsoft, no longer will win7 or even 8 be able to play anything microsoft
as new games for windows live is going to be issued, and new dx will be required  most probably new vid cards also if the games are indeed what they seem to be and the os is.. ive tested early win 10, it has ZERO backwards compat.
ok ok not ZERO but really close, seriously...
90% of my steam games didnt even run on it, dosbox was even having issues.. (but lets hope everyone updates as the os does)
even dosbox crew

shudder..
games are now 80-140GB per game, making solid state drives ,, pointless, oh i have gta5 and .. the os installed thats all it will hold! and thats the 240GB solid lol
(thats why i dont bother and just run 4  5tb drives under uefi (non legacy partitions)

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"