Author Topic: Continuity/Bugs/Story Issues  (Read 4547 times)

Voltaire

Continuity/Bugs/Story Issues
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:58:53 AM »

-At night, when I need to be able to get the fish oil, lo and behold, the fisherman is gone.
(It really sucks having to restore an old saved game, particularly if I do not know that
I need the fisherman to continue the quest, since he is not there.)

-I got stuck on the stairs in the tavern (bug)

-Pls make there be a dot on every item and icon, so that when I click on something, it can be with precision.

-When I click on myself w\ certain items, nothing happens (not even a droll response from the narrator.)

- OK.... so I can use the forge with the Blacksmith in plain view, but I can't pick up a certain item from the water in front of him? Makes no sense.

-Once the horse ran away, there was no way to make the blacksmith disappear again.

-And last but not least, I had a problem with all 3 quests. First the main character seems like a pretty savvy
guy, so why would he go and slay a magical beast w\ no collateral reward? Would anyone here risk their lives to slay some mythical\dangerous\magical creature without getting a reward for it?

Prospero shows nothing of his magical ability, and yet he expects me to go risk my life to fetch him some items. The brigand is just some big brute that wants me to hand him silver. Great, so that I can join his posse?  I'd rather keep the silver myself. And the rogue... lets not even speak of the rogue, I wouldn't trust that guy for nothing, so why would I do any favor for him? Maybe if he paid me some coin upfront.

So there you have it, these are my issues with the game. Hopefully they will help you re-think\fix some things for the future. Overall I enjoyed the demo, so keep up the good work.

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Continuity/Bugs/Story Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »
You don't need the fisherman to get the fish oil :)

I can agree that you really don't understand the protagonists motivation to become a rogue, brigand or magic user.
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »
The motivation is that Rohem is getting into people's good graces so he can move forward with his personal goals. Which are, as always, power and wealth. And a good looking woman in his bed.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 01:21:08 PM »
You can make the blacksmith disappear again by distracting him with something noisy/smashy.

Also remember YOU are Roehm, if you don't like the offer that Ian gives you, go with Kurdt or Prospero... This is more of drawn out quest-way to 'choose your class'. I think it's more fun than just clicking 'Brigand' or 'Sorcerer' at the start of the game.

Agree about the icons needing a dot though, but remember this is a proof of concept demo - things will be different in the real game, thanks for the feedback!
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 01:25:49 PM »
Yeah - mostly his motivations are that he's there, he's trying to start over after escaping for his past crimes, and he's bored and looking for something to do.

You can say no to each of them who ask you to go on a quest.  As the player, you do have the choice.  You do get to be a part of Roehm's motivations.  Of course, you can just be boring.  The reward he gets, as Klytos said, is connections.  Friends.  A man gains power by the company he keeps, not just the mere acquisition of material goods.  A person who does that by force is merely a thug.

You can make the Blacksmith move again, even if the horse is gone.  There are alternate solutions to most problems in the game.

Yeah, we're already adding dots to help make the icons more precise, to cut down on pixel hunts.

Bt

“Dont think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.”

"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."