Author Topic: I have a serious problem...  (Read 5186 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
I have a serious problem...
« on: March 21, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »
...I can't stop buying games on GoG that I already own in physical form, but don't have with me at this exact moment.  I am an instant gratification millenial whore.  I'm betting a lot of you people are, too.

Confess.  What's the last game you bought on GoG that you already own in physical form?  Do you feel dirty?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: I have a serious problem...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »
Quest For Glory V.  I have the CDs sitting on a shelf, but I'm not gonna go diggin for them.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »
This is a photograph* of the gratification that I experience when I install one of the aforementioned games, launch it, spend approximately five minutes playing it (just long enough experience the nostalgia rush and say, "Sweeeeeeet,") and then quit and move on to something else.

*Photograph is not actually of me.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 01:49:12 PM »
I just bought Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb last night, even though I own both the original PC AND Xbox versions.  I have a sickness.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 03:55:02 PM »
I bought a bunch of games off GoG.com way back, even though I still have the boxes/CDs - Honestly, it's much easier than me digging through old boxes or binders, and I can access them from any computer I own.  If you like the games and REALLY like to play them (more than just collecting) GoG is great.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 04:40:31 PM »
I just bought Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb last night, even though I own both the original PC AND Xbox versions.  I have a sickness.
Damn, this game is amazing. Doubtlessly one of the best on the original Xbox. Though I've heard controls suck in PC version...

As to your question, most of the games I've played before getting them on GOG were borrowed from friends, so I never owned them in physical form. One of the few exceptions here is Heroes of Might and Magic III, which I own in all of its incarnations and editions on different platforms (the only one I don't have in my collection is the money-grabbing "HD" edition by Ubisoft, as I am not willing to support the company).
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »
The PC controls take a little getting used to, but they aren't that bad, and you can easily manually bind them to whatever keys you want by editing the config file, which they must have intended, since there's a specific config file just for key bindings.  It's pretty typical WSAD keyboard movement, with mouse camera control.

My only gripe about the PC version is it doesn't support widescreen, and nobody's found a workaround tweak for it (yet.)  Still though, it was 6 bucks.  I've masturbated into bigger wads of cash than that.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 09:05:27 PM »
My most recent are grim fandango, granted it was for the point and click interface that I bought it.  The other most recent was kq8 because I didn't want to screw around with getting it to work in my machine

The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 09:24:34 PM »
i do the saaame thing on gog mate, esp since some gog games have patches the retails didnt to allow play on newer systems without hassle
or even dosbox knowledge

haha nice pic too
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 01:12:19 AM »
All the LucasArts ones that got released the other day. Loom, The Dig etc. I have about 3 copies of most Sierra games (the original boxes, the VU collections and then finally the GoG versions). I don't collect the old boxes and bugger me if I'm gonna try and find a 5.25" drive to connect to a modern PC just to find out the disks are corrupted anyway. I just have them all from when I bought them back in the day, and the VU collections to give myself copies that worked properly about a decade ago when they came out.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:46 AM »
aye klyots,
some of my old boxes still have new box smell though!
hehe

but aye

oh a bunch were released yesterday? thanks for that heads up
cheers
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"