Author Topic: In search of the new three rooms in 1.1  (Read 21580 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: In search of the new three rooms in 1.1
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »
It's not like the secret bar easter egg where you have to do totally absurd things that no one would think to do; the bar was meant to be so obscure that no one would find it unless they were an active fan engaged with us on the forums to follow the obscure clues we gave out.  These rooms are totally accessible through normal gameplay; they're just designed to reward particularly thorough players.  You very likely just haven't talked to the right character yet to find out about the hidden grove.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:41 PM »
That's quite comforting. I dreaded the old scenario of reading, typing in, rug pissing, etc. all that was totally illogical and normal gameplay isn't supposed to be illogical. so I suppose that sneaking into the Tyr's Arrows is similar to the sorcerer room.

>

Ok, went through the entire world of QFI and spoke with everyone, day and night, before doing the crypt as sorcerer, and afterwards questioned Randy, killed him, got over bush and took all lefts at least twice. Still no hidden glade. I've never seen anyone new to talk to. Even talked to Bill Murray!

>
>
>

Still haven't found the someone that has info about the Sorcerers secret glade. Looked over the list of NPC's in the game. Some names I haven't seen during the game. I'm thinking that only at a certain point in the game, and after doing something, will the NPC appear. But one of you did state that all three character rooms were accessible through normal (?) gameplay.

The Brigand's room was fairly easy. Sorcerer seems pretty straight forward, where's that @#&* NPC? And the rogue? No back door on that one as I can see.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 02:25:15 PM »
I may be wrong, but didn't someone mention that the traffic cone might be important in 1.1?

Roehm will react to the well by Rayford's house, but he says "Not right now" Is this important?

Same thing with the hanging potted plant to the right of Rayford's office. Anything about this?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 05:46:13 PM »
No, the traffic cone isn't important in 1.1. In fact, it's not important at all!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »
Found an error in the quick start walkthrough included in the game download.

In becoming a brigand, it tells you to put the helmet/teeth with tongs attached into the fire, then get the disc from the water. It doesn't say to put the tongs back where you got them. The next time you go past the smithy at night, you'll be arrested and it's game over.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 02:43:55 AM »
@nameless  Yeah bud no shit.!!!!!!  Look bugs are ever present in all games, So unless you write one leave QFI alone. 
Not to say its perfect cuz its not, but dammit its the best game to come out in 20 years in its genre.  No trolling here just the facts Nameless.   

**********Chadly*********************

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 02:52:09 AM »
@nameless and all others,

Hey im sorry if i sound like a dick, i support IQ and I apologise if i have stepped on others toes,,
**********Chadly*********************

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 10:15:32 PM »
Doesn't seem too safe around here since taking leave of the disharmony.

Been playing QFI 1.1 some and just don't find any added rooms for the characters other than the one for the brigand.

Has any gamer, not connected with QFI, found the rooms for rogue and sorcerer? I don't want to know how, just need confirmation that a typical gamer has seen all three rooms.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 12:44:35 AM »
It's really not supposed to be that hard! :)

Hint for Thief: Climbers kit. Tyr.

Hint for Sorcerer: A useless item. Grasslands.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 07:41:12 AM »
 :-[ As Lou Costello used to say, "Well whata ya know"  You sir are a scholar and a gentleman!

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »
Thanks for the heads up guys (?), so I bought an item and did what a message said to have it looked at. The standing stones in grasslands seem to be relevant, but in the two or three screens the useless item doesn't work on anything. So it seems it really is useless. Maybe there's a single pixel hot spot or something. Darn if some of those rocks look an awfully lot like the ones in the picture of the secret glade.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »
There are no single pixel hotspots.  I suspect that part of the problem here is that you guys have already played the game several times and thus are used to a specific path through it, and aren't thinking to do things that would be fairly logical to someone playing it for the first time.

Remember, there are different characters in certain locations at different times of day.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 12:51:14 PM »
I have found the room specific to the Brigand playing as that character.

I am currently playing as a Sorcerer. The grass lands standing stones don't react as expected once I have the useless item and have shown it to a certain someone in the
Tyr library.

> Finally figured out how to get into the secret grove as a Sorcerer by selling something at night. In the grove, I think I did something that shouldn't have been done. I drank some moonshine and showed up in the barn to east of Volksville. I can use map and go to any pre defined location, but I can't walk from that location, not even off screen.

> ok, several minutes later decided to redo the secret glade. Yep, if you leave there by drinking moonshine, you can not leave the screen wherever you teleport to.

You MUST leave the secret glade by floating back up.  ::)

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »
Just completed the Rogue and sneaked into the Tyr's Arrows barracks during the silver raven quest.
Having completed all three classes and their secret rooms, my favorite one is with the sorcerer. The simplest was the Brigand. The rogue was a bit confusing because you can't see the character when he's correctly positioned to use the item to sneak into the barracks.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 10:54:34 PM »
Why is it confusing? If you try the climbers kit on the correct window without being near enough it says "You need to find a better spot. You know - one where the guards may not see you!" That's a pretty big hint to try again in a different spot.