Author Topic: You know what really ticks me off?  (Read 46130 times)

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
Re: You know what really ticks me off?
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
Chucklas, I generally wait for 'damn good sales' for any game on the market, anymore, including newer ones. I don't have enough money to spend hundreds of dollars on one or two games...

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »
Ya, but it wasn't put back up for you, it was put up for the people wanted to play the entire series. Or those who wanted to replace their copy and play it again.

But how large is that group?

As for waiting for sales, etc. If you always wait for the sales, then Sony, Microsoft, or whomever aren't really making their products for you.  It goes both ways man.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2014, 05:53:56 PM »
I have no idea how large the group is. It's enough that they keep supporting it, and actually support it more than they do the regular platform releases at least on PSP and Vita, which have very few native games in the US, and primarily only the console games. There is literally maybe 100 Vita games for example, and almost 500 PS1 games. They announced in 2013 they weren't going to focus too much on bringing over the vita only games, unless they sold digitally. PSP of course is pretty much no longer supported, other than it continues to get PS1 classics. Probably because people want to play old games portable, rather than having to be stuck to a tv.

But another thing that Sony has done recently is Playstation Now, which lets players 'live stream' old PS1, PS2, and even PS3 games on PS3, PS4, and Vita platforms. Rumor has it they are actually still working on a PS1 and PS2 emulator for the PS4 in the future release as well.

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »
I am a gamer, I'm just not rich person that can afford to play games all the time. There are lots of games I want to play, but I just can't afford to pay for them at full price.

Actually Steam has so many sales and companies agree to have them because they actually make quite a bit of money off the 'flash sales' (midweek, and end of week, or monthly, seasonal sales). Getting people to buy them that otherwise can't afford them, or wouldn't necessarily buy them. Its apparently become one of the most successful markets for the various companies.

It is for them better to get a 200,000 paying $8 for a game during a flash sale, than a few thousand a month on regular price. Companies are getting to the point that they have flash sales on their games almost 2 months after its release. Sometimes even a month after at 50% for a short time. and a 75% off 3-4 month after release. They no clearly who they are trying to market!

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2014, 06:03:22 PM »
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/174587/Steam_sales_How_deep_discounts_really_affect_your_games.php

Of course sales or lack of sales doesn't mean its going to hurt or harm every single game. It all depends on the type of game, and if people are interested in it. If a game is a flop, and no one is interested in it, sales or no sales might not help it at all. It just remains a flop.

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2014, 06:06:45 PM »
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/09/15/sony-still-supporting-the-vita-but-admits-changing-strategies-to-satisfy-a-niche/

Stuff like this, people saying that if it wasn't for PS1 classics, and the occasional old school style game, the vita would almost be a complete failure as a console... It's use as an expensive add-on for PS4 doesn't really help its 'legacy' much. It's largely being ignored for proper native new game releases.

I never bought a vita, it has and has no compelling library or upcoming games worthy of buying it, I certainly don't need an overpriced accessory.

I actually got my Vita for free, from a phone company contract. Out of the various freebies they offered. But its really not worth buying on its own IMO.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
PSP of course is pretty much no longer supported, other than it continues to get PS1 classics. Probably because people want to play old games portable, rather than having to be stuck to a tv.\

This is the one spot where I will agree with you.  I feel as though the handheld market does much better with older titles than consoles.  I can also agree that flash sales, etc do help overall sales numbers many times.  I also think those flash sales have devalued the gaming industry as a whole and in the end they have done more harm to the industry as a whole than good.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Baggins

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »
I don't think the recessions over the last few years have helped either. If people had more reliable incomes and money remained sound, probably be more people willing to buy at full price more often.

Of course fiascos like companies releasing buggy games , isn't helping people want to preorder either. Ubisoft, EA, etc, have all ben bothered by that problem. Who wants to pay full price for buggy games?

P.S. the only portable console I find myself using consistently is the Nintendo 3DS. Great new games, and handy portable virtual console as well, even if it still lacks SNES and GBA games.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2014, 08:31:53 AM »
sorry chuklas and again my arch awesome poster kyltos (waves hello my good sir)
I love ya guys but you are not correct. I cant change your views nor you mine, but seriously..

no matter what this thread is leading to a bad bad place and at the worst time possible

im taking my leave and saying NO SIR you are wrong 100%

thanks mate for the kind words ill just sod off for a while or maybe you can do your own research vs just your single opinion (though I cant force that to change which is obvious)
what would it take? yeaaa .. the entire world sending you a pm saying we want this?

just know again sony knew and put it in..
period they wouldnt have even DONE that if the demand was not there

as for the next gen all are looking to STREAM old games from the old platforms, HOW CAN THEY DO THAT without the same chipset the omitted

they cant  and yet they will.

sooo its for sure more in demand that you claim to think or know,
sorry..

when you go to your cons talk to people..

sigh bye now, and keep the view I cant change it but sir.. you are being hunted.. ahem damn steam games.. i mean sir you are wrong man.

THIS IS the era... of the remake, has been since friggen lame star wars ep1 ick..

seriously..
sigh

again ty for being  nice in regards to all other ventures in my life that much I appreciate, still not sure who trolled my thread but, :(
bad times right now,

anyway take care guys,
im not going to take part in this INSANE babble that the demand isnt there for old games to be played anymore... its wrong wrong and mind numbingly so.

maybe I should ask for a refund considering old games hold no creed for you, haha why even do KS or anything yeaa man totally contradicting your own views with your own tastes and company, which I would be proud to work with and for..

sigh

take care guys im out for a while,

know I love ya all,  :-*
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »
I am not saying that there isn't demand, just that there isn't enough demand to make it worth the amount of work it takes.  As for cloud based emulation, I am not sure how that works except the consoles don't need the hardware since the computing takes place on other servers.  At the end of the day, we will just have to agree to disagree.  No love lost.  You are correct that this is the era of the remake.  I just am more cynical as to why.  It isn't because that's what people want, but because it is easy.  No one needs an original idea.  Let's just remake everything or do sequels.  Very little original content.  That's a disappointment too.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2014, 10:33:18 AM »
Exactly, it's not that there's not demand for it, but there's a lack of wanting to PAY for it, which will make corporations not want to invest their time and money into it.  Frankly, I don't blame them. 

Other methods of backwards compatibility have been created by hackers, crackers, fans and other folks but you'll be hard-pressed to find a company that will lay it out there for people that won't pay for their products.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2014, 06:02:20 PM »
Comparing a game like QFI which simulates a retro style but is built on modern tech and an old game that was actually built with 90's technology is not a valid argument for whether old games should be available for sale. They're completely different things. The only thing those games have in common are the aesthetics. QFI "pretends" to be old, but in reality it's not.

I'm with Steve on this one, I think there's demand for old games, I just don't think for a large company like Sony there's enough money in it to give it more than a cursory effort.

To quote Sony's director of marketing John Koller a few years back when they took the backwards compatibility out of the PS3
"Now that we're at a point where we're three years into the lifecycle of the PS3, there are so many PS3 disc-based games that are available that we think — and noticed this from our research — that most consumers that are purchasing the PS3 cite PS3 games as a primary reason. And it's not just like 50 or 60 percent. It's well into the 80 or 90 percentile range who are purchasing it for PS3 games. We do know that there are next gen consumers wanting to come over the the PS3. Most of those are consumers who have not utilized their PS2 for a little while and they're ready to jump into the PlayStation 3."
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2014, 07:25:08 PM »
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »
O M G ! Poor choice for a selfy!
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
Too big for a selfie I think.