Author Topic: Odd Gentlemen's "King's Quest" teaser  (Read 25097 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Odd Gentlemen's "King's Quest" teaser
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »
I'm not talking about people who enjoy owning physical copies and swag, I'm talking about the obsessive types who hunt down like 10 boxed copies of each release of each game and then post absurd photos of their Sierra walls (it's always a whole wall of the house that they have devoted to it for some reason) on FB.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2014, 12:37:24 PM »
yea lol thats my mate kosh for ya

he is the one from germany who owns 7 vers of gab knight 2 etc  at least every game made by sierra in every language and,. signed.. he sent a briefcase to al lowe who signed everything something like 39 boxes total
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »
I only want one decent boxed copy of each. While I do want all of the variants for adding support for as many different release versions to my installers, but a copy of the media alone is good enough for that. In some cases just an unaltered digital copy will do.

Much of my desire for physical copies has more to do with a desire for preservation than the typical "collectables" lust of many so called collectors that might as well be into collecting plates or something equally silly. It drives up the price for the preservationist and the true fans that just want the games. At least GOG helps with the latter.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »
To be fair to Kosh, he mostly goes after stuff I am not interested, like all of the Japanese releases.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2014, 01:38:39 PM »
Well, Kosh atleast tries to get different versions of the same game. But then I've seen people who get like 10-20 copies of the same game and all are identical. :/
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2014, 01:55:56 PM »
Do any of you collectors have a copy of the manual for Take a Break Pinball on hand? There doesn't seem to be an proper scans online. I don't have access to my copy which is boxed up back in the states...