Author Topic: Gaming and Depression (Or my personal story of depression/how gaming changed me)  (Read 8179 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
@wherewolves   Ok guys and gals here is my story:  15 years ago i worked retail.  Very stressfull and health shattering.  I work 50-60 hours a week between 2 jobs just to pay my bills.  I was a great salesman of all things electronics and games.  I smoked 2-3 packs a day, drank 2 pots of coffee, ate fast-food twice a day, amd finished my day either at the bar or home drinking a 12 pack.  Up at 6a.m., out the door at 7, worked till 9p.m. or later and went to the bar till 2a.m.  Every day 5/6 days a week.  I weighed 150 pounds and stand 5'9".  Did this for 5 years straight.  Cost me my marriage, my child abd my sanity.  Lost my jobs, drank more did more drugs till the money ran out.  Got thrown out on the streets, folks wouldnt talk to me for years.  Got arrested at age 30 twice for DUI, within 3 weeks.  Thats sobered me for awhile as did 3 months in the county hotel. Not fun detoxing let me tell you.  Got out on parole, went straight to the bar and got trashed.  Mom picks me up, went and passed out.  Woke up next day and per parole board started my treatment.  Stayed on parole with my nose clean and a good bit of my health and sanity returned.  I am now almost 15 years clean of the drugs (cocaine, meth, pills, weed, heroin).  I work for mainly myself and contract out to local buisness for I.T.  Sobriety is never easy but worth it in the end.  If i had continued my habits, I would be Dead or in Prison.  Morale:  Stay away from the shit and if you partake be prepared to give all you have and ultimately your life, because thats what the drugs and booze will take.  Moderation in all things! :)      chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
everything in moderation... even moderation :P

hehe

thanks for sharing!  everyone .. really, its good to know we arent alone sometimes,
other times its good to be alone to think take pense , but for the most part, it helps to not be :)

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"