Author Topic: A few bugs  (Read 6633 times)

Iceberg

• Recruit
  • Liked: 7
    • View Profile
A few bugs
« on: October 04, 2014, 11:49:09 AM »
Hi there,

This game is awesome!  I found a few bugs and particularities I thought I would report - not sure if these have already been logged; some of them are kind of nit-picky but I thought I'd mention them anyway.

- After you defeat a foe, casting Fear causes your enemy to resurrect and flee.
- Casting Float on a Cloud while wearing the Morroi robe makes the robe disappear (you still have it in your inventory but you're no longer wearing it, even when the spell wears off).
- If you leave a store by using the map instead of exiting through the door, the door is still standing open the next time you return.
- Not all screens with water (rivers, ponds, etc.) will let you fill a flask.
- The only way I seem to be able to read Hummel's diary is by returning to the ruined homestead and clicking the hand on the hearthstone (clicking the diary on Roehm doesn't work).

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: A few bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »
yea lol
loads of those little ones

the fast travel map has tons of mini issues, try it in the bar when you are supposed to meet the uhhhh hot one as I call her... out side.. poof there goes that cutscene and trigger

not all ponds and rivers can fill flasks,, frankly you will never need one..
id say first to add a reason to buy a flask of water.. before making each place able to get water into a flask

odd thing about the diary... if you do it just right, you can read it in the inv,
ive tested it both ways,
and a few times, it just points to a loop that I uploaded into youtube, saying just open the door or something

odd...

leave the store? which? more specific.?
as for the downed foe. a few spells do that
fear, flee (sometimes makes you run into odd places not just the next screen over) once i just left the battle and ended up in volksville.. going huh i was in south woods! wtf!!

lol

nice mini update
there are a few other things to sort out but.. id have a huge list.. lol
dont wanna hurt bt or klytos's head(s)

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 12:31:26 AM »
Hi Iceberg,

Glad you enjoyed the game! We've got those bugs already but thanks for helping out!

~ Shawn
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Iceberg

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 08:32:40 AM »
Yeah, this game totally rocks!  I couldn't stop until I had finished all three classes.

A couple more things I noticed:

- In the room under the pulpit, when you're standing right next to the door to the Thieves' Den, clicking the hand on the stairs causes Roehm to do some funky stuff.  I've noticed a few peculiarities in the way Roehm negotiates that room.
- The first time I beat the Kraken, I hadn't yet found the Necromancer.  So I was rather surprised when Roehm cut out its lungs and took them with him.  If you haven't found the Necromancer yet and have no need for a huge pair of lungs, taking them with you seems pretty random.

Iceberg

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »
One more weird one...

On my first playthrough as a Rogue, I robbed Von Darkles' house before he invited me to "tea".  I didn't do that deliberately - I just accidentally did things out of order.  Anyways, one of the ways to rob his house involves pushing the statue so that you can use it to access the upper level.  The next time I visited the city gates, I was invited to his house.  After taking my leave, I immediately went back inside, just because I was curious.  Sure enough, the statue was still moved and I was able to climb it in broad daylight, even with the mayor's housekeeper present!  Once upstairs, both Von Darkles and Voleris were there, but I couldn't interact with either of them.  Perhaps the easiest way to address this is to make Roehm unable to climb the statue during the day.

I hope none of this is taken as negative - I really do think this is a fantastic game and am trying to be helpful.  Can't wait for the patch!   ;D

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 06:42:48 PM »
lol that last one happened to me also,
as for the kraken, yea it should not pop up out the water until meeting the necro imo

or at least it should explain something of why you would pick the lungs vs any other part of that huge beast

I tried to smoke the monster out the first time
like alice
she was set ablaze in the books when she grew inside the house, "we'll smoke the monster out!" was the song they sang.. its in the cartoon ver too

funny as it kinda means pot but really fire.. haha
didnt work, so i just tossed my harpoon into it..
wish there were some extra funny options like three stooges stuff,
poke its eyes
kraken blocks like curley would..
do the nose pull up
doink on the head,
hehe
pie fiiiightt

paging doctor howard.. doctor fine, doctor howard...
now ill need to play that c64 game again..

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »
The Kraken is an interesting game design choice. The animation of Roehm getting picked up, eaten and then cutting his way out is over 100 frames (think in terms of animating a cartoon if you don't understand what I mean by frames) and they're full screen frames (320x240) so I'm pretty sure that took Jason about a million hours to make! I say this because the options available don't take into account doing a new and different animation, which isn't happening.

Option A is what we did, always give the lungs to the player. It's a bit wonky when it comes to reality because why would Roehm need them? Option B is what you've suggested, it doesn't pop out of the water until you've met the Necromancer. This is more wonky in my view because why would a creature only come out because you've talked to a completely unrelated person? There's no internal game logic there. This choice, like a lot of choices in game design, comes down to what I feel is the lesser of two evils, or the more logical of the two options.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »
I hope none of this is taken as negative - I really do think this is a fantastic game and am trying to be helpful.  Can't wait for the patch!   ;D

Thanks! We don't take it as negative at all. We want the game to be as perfect as possible, and unfortunately a few things like this slipped through the testing. Our testers did a great job but there's a hell of a lot of variables in QFI so things can happen.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 10:52:30 PM »
The Kraken is an interesting game design choice. The animation of Roehm getting picked up, eaten and then cutting his way out is over 100 frames (think in terms of animating a cartoon if you don't understand what I mean by frames) and they're full screen frames (320x240) so I'm pretty sure that took Jason about a million hours to make! I say this because the options available don't take into account doing a new and different animation, which isn't happening.

Option A is what we did, always give the lungs to the player. It's a bit wonky when it comes to reality because why would Roehm need them? Option B is what you've suggested, it doesn't pop out of the water until you've met the Necromancer. This is more wonky in my view because why would a creature only come out because you've talked to a completely unrelated person? There's no internal game logic there. This choice, like a lot of choices in game design, comes down to what I feel is the lesser of two evils, or the more logical of the two options.

simple for option b!
allow the necro when casting the spell hex on you, to make that a hex that calls forth the beast,
hence you go to the scene with the kraken before necro, nothing happens, maybe put some skulls or BEWARE OF THE KRAKEN
something like such

after the necro, during the first hex, could have been said by the necro that now head out to the pool of radiance (dnd reference there) and this hex shall call forth the beast

but either way works imo you are right option A is the less wonky, but if done right, my option b would rock!
so that would be being cursed with that spell then being told this will now anger the beast into coming from the depths, (or even more simple, make a scroll or item that calls forth the beast ;p)

either way i loved that scene..
and as for the animation, yea not many people do know what it means,
but HELL I DO
and yeaaaaaaaaa
million hours well no.. but sooo many fark yes..
its a nicely rendered scene esp with the double death (kraken dies or rohem) both are beautifully done
dont change a single thing! imo
just seems with a bit more input some really funny stuff could be added (id love to mod this game)
again little refs that you already added soooo many of :P
but I never get enough of those

how many people even got the bill and ted joke? 
prolly not many unless ye be old :P
put them in the iron maiden! EXCELLENT!!!
execute them.. bogus!

tell jason, beautifully done on that kraken well worth the effort ! I hope he feels the same

and hell yea your testers did a great job vs other games! i MEAN THAT
of course they will always miss something fans are bound to try thats off the wall
lol

but helll this game.. just awesome hehe
but I dont think I need to preach that here to much most already agree :)

id just really love to mod odd stuff, monty python refs, joe dirt refs, three stooges, so many things id love to add some of which would be animation and take forever AND require the original game files which I sadly dont see coming fans ways ever..

that would be neat to have open modding allowed though!
double edged sword though
id also mod a home for each class where u can kill things and decorate the home with trophies of kills or wealth, use bly to spice up the place, get some women or ahem men in..
depends on rohems mood hehe

my mind just goes bananas 
wish I had a team I was with for making a game the way I want it :) but you guys.. prolly as close as it will ever get ! so again TY TY TY for this wonderful game

PS anyone catch the chat with jane today? ooo LAURA BOW COMIN BACK maaaybeee whoop whoop

ahem i digress as always!

id love to help test the next game, so if thats on the kickstarter, trust me, id be really great and many here in these forums would toooo
beta wise i mean :P

mush n love!
the bombastic and spastic .. sir k-

Iceberg

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 10:53:37 PM »
Heh, Kaldire, when you said you tried smoking out the kraken, that reminded me of something.  The only puzzle I needed a hint for in the entire game was finding the ingredient for the Float on a Cloud spell.  So when Prospero said I needed something that would normally float on air, I assumed it was either scent (the perfume) or smoke.  So there I am, trying to spray perfume on Prospero, lighting cigars and trying to blow smoke in his face!

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
hahaha
nice

I never tried that!
HEY that SHOULD work, its a cloud kind right?

anyway, I was thinking of a fly .. or the bee (bee should also work)

but nah, I knew what it was, as SOON as i saw the owl, right off the bat, (bat.. wing.. ahh nm my puns suck)
lol

I didnt need any guide for any part of the game at all
MINUS the bt hunt hints if that counts..

there were a few puzzles like the peg puzzle that even I just guessed and got right (thank you to my dentist office who had a few of those peg puzzles in his waiting area lol)

I got realllly good at those games..

so i didnt even need the book hint clue thing,
shrug,
I did also never use moonshine, I just hit said dude with my sword, I was trying to KILL HIM, darned it..
lol
first I did try to smoke him out also lol
i tried that on everyone, WHERE ARE all the pot heads grr darned gnoll the only one! shrug
AND WHAT is behind that mystery curtain! and does the carpet match the drapes lol

Ooppps
sshh kal

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 12:20:01 AM »

PS anyone catch the chat with jane today? ooo LAURA BOW COMIN BACK maaaybeee whoop whoop

...what did she say & where can I read it???  :D

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 12:51:52 AM »
aww you didnt know?

man I shoulda posted about it, its on the same blog to win the boxed signed thing,
I got an email she would be on 11am pst
below is the chat!
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2irxex/im_jane_jensen_game_designer_and_author_ama/

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 01:03:38 AM »
Nope, hadn't seen it yet but thanks for sharing (re-sharing?)...any small chance to see a Laura Bow comeback, remake, fan game, ANYthing...is very exciting to think about...  That's right up there with MI on my list of ol' faves... ;)

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic question... :P   Thanks again!