Author Topic: QFG 4.5 Discussion Part XVIII  (Read 64672 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: QFG 4.5 Discussion Part XVIII
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »
oh and as for the trainer NEED in ya

[url=http://wiki.arx-libertatis.org/Cheats#Cheat_Spells]http://wiki.arx-libertatis.org/Cheats#Cheat_Spells
[/url]

pretty much the same darn thing so if ya wanna cheat.. its built in the casting system of liberatis :P

enjoyyy now plssss!
and please read ALL that it fixed and the last patch date! (its modern.. recent and still working and alive! that urm means it works...)

just they didnt fix that stone issue Im still having, grrr
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2014, 12:46:39 AM »
So, you don't condone cheating and that's ok with me. I prefer cheating when my aim is to turn an inhuman hack n slash into an adventure game. And now, after trying liberatis and uninstajjing it, I'm still losing health faster than ever. Is there anyone out there that has the original version of ARX that I might acquire? Then I can patch it to 1.17. I may be in the wrong place to ask for these help issues. I just guess some people are incapable of any ideals other than their own and won't consider anyone else's desires that are contrary to their own.  :(

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2014, 01:19:05 AM »
urmm its not that i dont condone cheating!
its that you say liberatis made changes that it didnt

and if you look at the link i sent,
it has the cheats u want

just use the  CREATE SPECIAL CHARACTER at start.. then use the bone in the pic on the chair 10 times and u have every rune and odd items and u can max lvl at the start of the game if u want,

its how i said u can fireball or arrow shoot the guard...

so use the cheats liberatis provides
or go to usa .. find a retail copy of arx, like mine which is 1.00 ver  no patches (doesnt even install right without compat edits and mods)
again if liberatis was terrible as u say, it wouldnt be updated, and again it seems no one listens when I try to help,

use the cheats in lib, they work just like a trainer..
same ... damn... thing..

but dont sit and say liberatis sucks when it actually fixed sooooo many issues in the game!
seriously look again at that huge changelog!

but please garr we are friends here, dont say I cant accept someone elses paradigm,
just odd you feel the need to cheat, when the game is just HARD.. my only point was to NOT blame that on liberatis,

let me know if u need help to understand the lib cheat system,  it can be kinda confusing, but trust me
start with the SPECIAL CHAR... and then the bone, and trust me, you will be lvl 10 max stats, on lvl 1
and all special armor and weapons if you so desire,

but it has no item editor etc
just stats and quest completion methods

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2014, 09:26:17 AM »
Still maintain that something, after installing Liberatis, was making health drop faster than normal, and same thing after uninstalling everything, then installing just Arx 1.21. So I opened the registery, searched out and deleted all references to liberates. Also liberates still had some stuff on the hard drive. I deleted that stuff. Now I've gotten down the trapdoor at start, found and put on the super stuff from the chair, and went to first remains on the left. The game character hasn't complained yet about being hungry. It's just that something in my pc didn't like liberatis and kept starving the character to death.

Have done a thorough scan and some stuff was detected, so who knows? Anyway, happy gaming and cheers.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2014, 05:09:56 PM »
urmm

matey you arent making sense

Scan? huh? as in malware? or virus?
or like with your eyes scanning in folders?

and again didnt you at least try liberatis past the tutorial dungeon? did you try the cheats?
and no... no no no
liberatis did nothing to change health, thats just you getting far enough into the game to die faster.
again if you go real fast you can beat arx in about 1 hr, or a bit over
and if you rush play, you can get to lvl 5 skipping many things, and die REALLY easy just one hit kills u

sooo its the game, its hard,  but again please, dont say its the program I linked and how it sucks due to health mods and you are standing by that even after proof has been shown to an antithetic view on your belief system...
then there is this mystery scan,  if you are trying to imply that its a virus or hijack in some way , uh
I think im done talking to ya garr

sorry forum for these posts, hope someone mods them out, Im done replying to garrr (who has now insulted the bt hunt as being to easy and a waste of time and not worth the end reward, and now this)

this is kinda driving me nuts that a good friend and a fellow fan thinks I infected his machine with a virus and or ruined his game since he cant cheat and get unlimited health when the games liberatis does nothing but FIX issues not hinder them..
sigh..

love ya man but really?
again this is why I dont like mmos' to many people like this and then poof I dont get a good rep even though all im doing is trying to help,
sigh, hope I dont sound more crazy than I have in my previous 9000 posts :(
love you all here,
I wont be replying anymore to stuff like this in open forums..
mush and luv
Steven-

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2014, 06:50:47 AM »
I was having trouble when visiting some sites. I could load the first screen, but couldn't do anything else. Even this forum, couldn't access any sub screens, posts, etc. Discovered it was windows User Account Control. Anything above the very bottom position was the culprit. So I'm leaving it off. Heck, I do have internet virus protection and firewall, so the UAC is a windows stinker.

Now back to Arx Fatalis. I've tried drawing the runes for SOS with no luck and even tried clicking them in the rune page. Not quick enough, have to do it faster? That's a bummer!

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2014, 02:52:07 PM »
UAC is a double edge sword

as for liberatis
I wont talk anymore

try the secret character and the bone on the chair if thats not enough of a cheat for you.. THROW THE GAME AWAAAY

ciao forums :( taking a break as the common factor simply put is me :( Ill give my best to work upon that
"this bt hunt was just way to easy!" arrrrrrrrrrrr my head

on that note I leave you with a self affirmation song (pointed at myself not anyone else)
Radiohead - Just   because I do it to myself, i do, thats why it really hurts! :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8

"Personally I always thought that this song was about a person's kindness being taken advantage of. Someone is making them feel guilty and emotionally blackmailing them into helping them. But the person always gives in out of pity:

"He's been hanging around for days
 Comes like a comet
 Suckered you but not your friends
 One day he'll get to you"

I think the video is just reflecting the lyrics but a lot of people don’t pay attention to the words. The guy lying on the floor pleads not to be helped yet he is lying right in the middle of the pavement to the point where you can't help but notice him and ask what's wrong. In the end when the passerby and co try to find out they all end up lying down with him. It's that old saying of if you help those that don't deserve it, if you help those that bring it on themselves you end up being dragged into the mud with them and YOU become the real victim."

"love peace and chicken grease!" (The Pest movie quote)
~K~

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2014, 05:57:07 PM »
Now to continue with Darkseed II, I have the original cd when it was new to stores, possibly version 1.2 or so. Dosbox won't install it, says it's a windows game. XP starts to install it, it gets all the way and freezes where it tries to install VTVDM or something like that. Heck, I just know it would work in a dosbox if it was already installed and I could set it to run in win 7. wasn't there also a dos version? Why did some gamers have to have win 3.1, on a vertual drive, before it would install. Should be a modern installer somewhere like the ones Sierra has for their games.

Oh, by the way, here's what I got for furnishing proof of completing Comquests of Camelot way back when:

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2014, 06:13:33 PM »
its not a game  ds2 that can be installed with dosbox

sad to say the only way i got this one to run,
since im 64 bit also, is vmware.. 

and yea once gog gets hold of it,... if they ever do, or someone with exp,
we can get a proper installer

with 32 bit os, you should be able to install it (not in dosbox)  as 64 bit, i cant,
without vmware.. :P

and thats a headache if you dont know what ur doing 
hell its a headache when you do!

but thats how i got it to install

as for the original cd
where do you live again?

each release is 1.0   
standard.. unless the game was released later which that one never was in usa anyway,
never a re release. sooo it should be 1.0
no patches ever.. etc..
sooo not sure how it would be anything but the stock 1.0

shrug, 
did u try the rip? might work, but ill test a few things outside of vmware (sad that i have 64 bit os)

as for urm, an installer, maybe someone here can help?

we know a great exe builder guy here wink wink AHEM.. :P

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2014, 06:19:13 PM »
ahem I mean
I should alter that last post oh well

dosbox will run it, in xp only
and you must have windows 3.1 installed

"Under DOSBox you will need to have an installation of Windows 3.1 inside it, to be able to run Dark Seed II.

I recently bought Dark Seed II (new) and under XP I had to alter the screen preferences from the desktop, as from the icon didn't seem to work."

as for 64 bit users we are screwed, minus the vmware i told ya about,..
how big is the cd in file size? just curious to see if it matches my cd
and or the iso's on sites ..
iso's on sites are like 190mb but my cd sayith 482mb
not sure what up there, i think they ripped something out,
shrug

gog needs to get hold of this series..
now i need to get vmware running again grr

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2014, 06:24:21 PM »
oooo
check this out

some guy altered the legit cd for modern os's sooo
it can be done!

just i aint paying that for a cdr thats altered, when i own the game already!
read this link and let me know what u think! interesting eh eh? maybe message this guy and ask what his COMPAT cd is or has on it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DARK-SEED-DARKSEED-II-2-1Click-XP-Vista-Windows-7-8-Install-/251078046476

MY PROMISE My games are genuine, install in one step, look, sound and play in XP, Vista, and Windows 7 & 8 like they did in the old days, or your money back.   WHAT IS INCLUDED This listing includes the original game CD. An electronic manual and walkthrough are also included. The box is pictured for reference only and is not included.   I will also provide a compatibility CD that will allow the game to run under ALL VERSIONS of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 & 8 both 32 and 64 bit.   INSTALLATION One step: Insert my CD and the game will automatically work on your computer. Done. Yes, it's that simple.    Want to play? Click the icon. Want the game off your computer? Click Uninstall. Zero hassle.   TECH SUPPORT Free and timely technical support is always an e-mail away.    In the extremely rare event I cannot get this title to work on your system I will take it back for a full refund. All I ask is minimal assistance from you during the troubleshooting process. 

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2014, 06:31:55 PM »
The disk is 449+ dated 11-7-95

Yes, I saw that add guy promising his cd works. He's got orbs thinking someone will pay such a rediculous price.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »
interesting our file size is diff, odd mine is larger.. not by much

and yea the game he is selling has no box or manual but if someone has ebay they can ask what the compat cd is

prolly just VMWARE preloaded on the cd so u insert and click and it runs then u put the game in..
just a guess..

could be an installer though and if so.. then someone can easily make one!

wink wink ahemmmm

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: QFG 4.5 Discussion Part XVIII
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2014, 06:38:05 PM »
Oh, by the way, here's what I got for furnishing proof of completing Comquests of Camelot way back when:

as for that nice pic, I have that somewhere signed! they used to give em out!
man look how young they are! wait did u get that as a real pic or digi?
im confused, normally they only handed those out to fans close to family or co-workers
and sometimes magazines, I have one somewhere signed .. damned if i can find any of my old sierra stuff these days, TONS of LA stuff but seems my sierra swag is lost at me mums house in the attic

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2014, 06:42:53 PM »
More precisely, the disk properties are 449,394, 688  / 428

Easy huh? so why isn't someone making one  8)