Author Topic: QFG 4.5 Discussion Part XVIII  (Read 64671 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Re: QFG 4.5 Discussion Part XVIII
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2014, 02:22:56 AM »
Kaldires way works as i just tried it.  I got my new ssd hd from hp today Yay!  Still want to upgrade this old faithfull laptop of mine tho! :)
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2014, 04:51:45 AM »
:)

again with the SSD :P

and yep it works i tried it with my 2 cd retail copy as well

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2014, 10:14:16 AM »
It works!!!! Graphics aren't as good as a regular windows installed game, but still pretty good. I noticed the Paladin save is available for import, so trying that. Don't ever opt to jump right into adventuring instead of going to the town. You'll get your whatsis handed to you.

Many thanks, old chap  8)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
glad it works mate!

and yea well
its odd about the installer,
it does even look a little diff to me

wonder if that works automatically for those that get the gog bundle...
shrug..
maybe ill snag it someday and check it out (the gog 1-5 set version i mean)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2014, 04:34:19 PM »
@ Kal  The GOG ver of Quest for Glory 1-5 works fine on my Win 7 machine.  The advantage of getting thru gog is you get the org Hero's quest as well as the vga remake of it called Quest for Glory, and 2-5. 10.00 for all.Chadly :)
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 05:43:43 PM »
yea and it was on sale with many other great sierra and tex murphy titles

it was only 5.99 for the 1-5 pack but it didnt say it came with the remakes or the vga update vers or 2.5 etc

shrug

and yea it prolly already has that patching stuff included

i was just wondering if it looked the same or better than using that installer, idk

gog rocks, hard. great team there...
cant wait for witcher 3 CE box to roll around next year.. I always get the CE in witcher world, its a dev i can count on ..

:P

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »
A few days ago, briefly noticed a reference about Quest For Glory 6, or Hero 6. It was a fan based game that apparently never saw light, even though it had been worked on for years. No telling how many fan based games there could have been due to lack of funds.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2014, 07:08:32 PM »
not just lack of funds,
but think how many might have just given up seeing all the fan based vers of this series vs any others

no clue why, but this series got the most attention

btw the gold rush guys are hoping for GOLD RUSH 2 legit and owned IP wise by them!
whoop

cant wait for my CE box

on a side note  their cards have 10 backgrounds 8 emotes and all foil exist! for less than 50 cents a card vs 20$ per foil on qfi, (again i ask, how many bg's and emotes exist for qfi in steam)
someone must knowith

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »
Hero 6 had nothing to do with funding, it was a freeware game back 10+ years ago when that's what the adventure game community did. It fell apart due to a horrible management structure when no one person, or small group of people, was in charge. Everyone got a say and all opinions were given equal validity and nothing got finished and no decisions were ever laid down in concrete. The story was also rewritten a number of times. They changed from developing their own engine halfway through production to using AGS which slowed things right down. Basically, it was a mess behind the scenes. I wouldn't want to think how many people worked on that project over the years, must be over 100.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2014, 10:03:51 PM »
daaaamn

thanks for that inside info!

ffs! 100 people  "hot potato everyone!"

cheers you are a wealth of info klytos :P

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »
Hero 6 had nothing to do with funding, it was a freeware game back 10+ years ago when that's what the adventure game community did. It fell apart due to a horrible management structure when no one person, or small group of people, was in charge. Everyone got a say and all opinions were given equal validity and nothing got finished and no decisions were ever laid down in concrete. The story was also rewritten a number of times. They changed from developing their own engine halfway through production to using AGS which slowed things right down. Basically, it was a mess behind the scenes. I wouldn't want to think how many people worked on that project over the years, must be over 100.

It doesn't matter what the organization- a website, company, family, etc.

Things always go haywire when somebody who is incompetent or an idiot at managing is placed in charge of everything.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2014, 12:35:57 AM »
It wasn't incompetence or idiocy with Hero6, more them just trying to make a game based on "group consensus" instead of one person just saying, this is the vision let's do it.

I know that sounds very authoritarian too, but that's the way we work at IQ and it works. That's why we finish games. Everyone on the team can have their say, but in the end Steve and I weigh it all up and make a decision. Sometimes that decision is not popular either, but it's gotta be done otherwise nothing would ever get done. Trying to think of a relevant example in the production of QFI... nope, SQ2! We had an original idea planned out for an alternate path in SQ2, sorta "what would happen if the skimmer made it to the mines and Roger was imprisoned" and although it was a pretty good idea and we'd even storyboarded it I think, at the end we had to decide whether the effort was worth the reward and we decided adding another year+ to the production timetable wasn't worth it.

I think in Hero6 those decisions were never made.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2014, 04:40:35 AM »
Since it was already brought up I'll add my effort too -- Hero6 was picked up again by someone in the first quarter of 2014. I don't know how it's currently going, but apparently the person who took it up is looking for help. There is a Facebook page for it also called Hero6 (if I remember correctly). I've always felt like I should help projects like that somehow, but I don't think that any of my current skills could help with anything, so all I could do was a video of the game's current state on YouTube. However, if you've got some actual skills and you have some spare time to help the person/people working on it, I'm sure it would be appreciated.
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 05:21:47 AM »
Honestly, even though I've heard it was picked up again (also not the first time I've heard that) I harbour a lot of doubts about the ability to finish it.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 06:50:55 AM »
Honestly, even though I've heard it was picked up again (also not the first time I've heard that) I harbour a lot of doubts about the ability to finish it.

One can only hope. That's what I'm gonna stick with at the moment.  :)
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"