Author Topic: This is why I can't stand Richard Cobbett  (Read 19413 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: This is why I can't stand Richard Cobbett
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2014, 11:51:57 AM »
Hahaha, I don't know how you manage to stay so hyper all the time, Kaldire.  You must have a high sugar diet :p

There's a museum in Glasgow, the city I lived in before I moved to Dundee, called The People's Palace.  Named that because it was gifted to the people and the exhibitions there displayed the changing face of Glasgow through the years.  One of my favourite parts of it was a recreation of a "single-end" which is a single room Glasgow tenement home, showing you what one actually looked like inside.  My mum recognized most of the items in the wee house as being things they'd had as they grew up, but so bizarre to think of people living that way and it being normal!  At least loft/studio apartments are usually a bit more spacious!

As an aside, the KSV mouse logo was designed by Broomie, if you didn't know that already :)  I love it!

haha yea hyper
I was going to post that reason

my grandpa  long dead now, was from verona italy,
he got me hooked on pure espresso long ago
so these days i take about 3 runs to starbucks   getting triple shot espressos!
hence why
1. Im almost always on even at the most random of times
2. why my posts are long and.. urmm yeaaa.. long..
3. and im naturally spastic and silly so   i sing to you

helllooo i am the ghost of troubled joe  hung by his pretty white neck
some 18 months agoooo
i traveled to a mystical timezone and i missed my bed and i still came home
they say there's too much caffeine in your bloodstream and a lack of real spice in your life
i said leave me alone, cause im alright IQS! just trying to sit here drinking my espresssooos alonnneee

tee hee

yep yep

mental note: cut down the caffeine
 :P
cheers btw and damn really they show off the tenement homes ? we dont have anything like that here unless its like an authors home  one is in Emeryville, CA or some such place out north the bay off the train stop bt might know what i mean, built a huge center around this one room home an author lived in.. fark if i can remember his name got blues n jazz and like a 2 story fun mall...
outdoors idk my brain!!

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »
ahh i remembered!

its just south of where I said and its supposed to be haunteed oooooohhh

jack london square .. and his 1 room haunted home
:P
The home of Jack London, famed author of The Call of the Wild and White Fang, is said to be haunted. Witnesses have described feelings of dread and visions of the house in flames, with voices crying out for help.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
Haunted Houses are scary to be sure!  After my grandfather passed away for months after i swore he was still there. I'd hear weird shit in the night and sometimes his voice.  One time i thought i saw him, but it could of been me tripping on a drunk LSD high. :D   Ghosts are scary!
**********Chadly*********************

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 12:58:42 PM »
Yeah, the whole museum was about Glasgow life, so it did have some famous stuff in cases too, but a lot of it was examples of clothing people wore, what an old grocery store and its contents would look like, uniforms from the army, info about wartime etc.  And they had Billy Connelly's Big Banana Feet boots on display too!

I'm not sure I really believe in ghosts, but I do love the idea of haunted houses, and creepy old abandoned but beautiful places.  Saying that though, I'm a huge fearty and I get scared of the boos from Mario :p
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 01:27:56 PM »
oh haha no I dont believe in ghosts either
im an energy /entropy believer.. all is one etc
we are the trees we are the car im the pc im on right now and they are me..
im you  you are me..etc

kinda like avatar or the hippie mentality
no ghosts im an atheist, cant really believe in that stuff without some sort of religion imo
minus the neo era like my daughter watching paranormal shows and believing in ghosts but not heaven or hell.. which confuses me.. cant have ghost without heaven or hell and the mid lost purgatory ground
wink

saying that .. im easily scared too.. just by odd things like.. oh the sound of a police siren when im driving as its behind me... oh yea..
other day a cop turned his lights on and siren, he was behind me.. sat there for about 10 seconds
then sped around me to pull someone else over.. now that
scared me.. and i wasnt doing anything wrong... just hate cops they dont serve and protect us here they serve and protect themselves

annyway was just saying that i figured out the author, due to google, and it saying haunted..
tis all..

there is a house here in sac for 1.4 million usd suppsed to be haunted.. no one will  buy it..
pfft
its nice, if i had the money.. nah nm id move to europe or at least out of cali 
maybe santa barbara if i did stay in this crap state.. shrug

to much coffeee ahh there i go again!

man I wish we had nice museums, there are a few .. mostly in socal, a few in bt's area..
but nothing in terms like europe has..
in sac best we have is old sac, featured in gold rush! the game..
oo craphole that is..
haha
this town is good for only 2 things,  3 if you are lame,
fruit/veg, 420, and meth   i hate the last one but this city is filled with it.. hence why it is a terrible place with just terrible people, and ive been to la and nyc  sac is still worse..

annnnyway shh kal
* Kaldire slaps self
ahem ty kal.. yw kal..

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
Thing is with museums though, if you live in a place that has one, you maybe go once or twice ever because the displays don't change.  At least the ones here don't.  I never leave my house anyway, so it doesn't really matter what the area has to offer :p
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 05:13:52 PM »
as far as museums go yea.. but ya gotta think over here, nothing is really that old, so when you go to almost any town in europe and go by a church or building, sure they dont change but ALL are historical and beautiful vs .. this crap hole,  sf rocks for buildings though they can cause vertigo hehe

oh and the san diego center (always changes) esp the gardens where they make new plants
once my daughter and I saw them create.. the apple rose..
its a rose bush that the petals and leaves smell of apples and when you crush it, apples..
also a cover ground bush, for homes mixed with coco, smelt like chocolate .. yea go team usa, making chocolate smelling ground cover for homes haha

as for going out.. hmm
interesting, im half n half

so mainly these days I rarely leave
work all can be done here or most clients bring machines here, or i just go out to a college and run lines and keystones then setup the routers then come home with 800$ for a 2 day job only 3 hrs total though! not bad when those days come but they are getting rare with our economy

I used to never be home and all over the world touring with bands!
quite antithetic I know, to go from dynamic to static ..just odd how waves shift..
im also misanthropic so yea that doesnt help, but i dont hate individuals just people as a whole. lol slap again

as an artist you dont like going out to take photos?

oh and I have a friend I must show off his art in a thread soon. He thinks he is terrible but its def game worthy, some of it reminds me of the gamebox art
one example
and yes he first hand draws
hope the link works and doesnt mess the forums up or something the preview looks huge if so ill just send the link
the real size is large and he has many phases of it.. trying to boost his confidence as he really thinks he is just sub par.. uhmm looks fantastic to me for being half done! love that guy.. my matey sigh nite nite forums sleep tight
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/34096951710262702/F2F131BD29CE3654B2C342CBE4461251B2A10C2C/2048x1273.resizedimage

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »
we preferred to allow people to make up their own minds about what was happening and what the story was saying.  When you aren't given the answer, and things are left ambiguous, you spend a lot more time thinking about it and discussing the possibilities which can be more fun.

That is so true! Everyone today seems to want everything laid out for them and not have to think about anything for themselves.

Take Queen's epic "Bohemian Rhapsody" as an example. Everyone who loves it has a theory what it's about, but Freddie (and the others since he passed away) have never been clear what it's actually about. I love that, you can invent your own story about it and to some degree it will be true.

The other example I can think of is Steven Moffat, head writer on Sherlock and Doctor Who who has said that he doesn't always explain every little thing because the audience should be smart enough to make connections themselves. And sometimes if something isn't of vital importance to a story, it's more fun for people to come up with their own answers.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 01:37:26 AM »
same with art!

an artist paints something or draws or creates, and has a subject or object etc in mind

but what the viewers of that art might see can vastly differ and there is no real wrong opinion!
just there is a realistic right one from the artists view but most artists dont go around saying NO NO NO wrong wrong wrong its this cant you seeee
they leave it to the imagination!

steve mof is a great example

oo btw tonights doctor who was AWESOME  my daughter and I just got done watching it!
sad to see matt smith go put peter is pretty funny too

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 03:30:38 AM »
Tonight's episode was amazing! I simply loved the bit at the end. And that my friends is how you do non-spoilers lol
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 03:39:03 AM »
yes my daughter and I totally agree
tonight that ep was just AWESOME

and wooow
I wont put what its about for those that didnt watch it
but yea! MUST WATCH if you love DR who!!!

fist bump klytos!

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 08:41:17 PM »
I think in some way he wants to be like oldschool AVGN but he comes across more as a whiny Mike Matei. :P