Author Topic: Scripting error encountered  (Read 5074 times)

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
Scripting error encountered
« on: July 23, 2014, 01:03:22 PM »
In the mines, on the left side going to get the beast lungs, it occurred while going through a doorway, never in the same doorway each time.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
Re: Scripting error encountered
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »
Can you be more specific as to the error?  A screenshot perhaps?  That would help a ton in us getting to the bottom of the issue.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »
Or even just copy down the text from the message that comes up when the game crashes.  That tells us where exactly the problem might be in the code.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 03:39:09 PM »
This is a random occurrence

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 03:47:20 PM »
Thanks for the report--I've logged it for our programmers to take a look at for the update.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:24:31 PM »
I uninstalled the game and cleared out the saves. Defragged the HD and installed the game. Started new game for Brigand. This time the mines were ok, except at the beast screen the game froze and beast didn't appear. Restarted again and everything ok. So, who knows? A clean install and no monkeying around with the saves is very important.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Re: Scripting error encountered
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 04:13:18 AM »
A clean install and no monkeying around with the saves is very important.

Had you hacked the save file before this?
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 07:40:39 AM »
Caught red handed!
As a result of this, or not, going through doorways traveling west, if I got too close to the north side of the door, the character would actually walk through the wall instead of through the doorway!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 10:02:49 AM »
If you want to edit your saves, go right ahead! I don't have a drama with it at all! I will say that reporting "bugs" that have occurred when you're hacked the save files is completely pointless and there's nothing we can do to fix them. The engine reads the files in a particular order and if you change something it is going to break things.

If you have an issue you need to reproduce it on a non-hacked version to show it's a real issue.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »
This time without any hacking. To be safe, I saved outside the mines. No errors, but still passing through wall to north side of doorway and in the next room west, clicking on next doorway, Roehm does a 360 turn before continuing. And a random occurrence in the beast screen, the beast doesn't show up and the game freezes. No error messages on these two things, so that's something I can live with now that it's a completely random thing.

miriya

• Villain
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Scripting error encountered
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »
Caught red handed!
As a result of this, or not, going through doorways traveling west, if I got too close to the north side of the door, the character would actually walk through the wall instead of through the doorway!

I can confirm that I saw Roehm walking through walls going left in the mines, and I didn't hack my save files. It's like he just misses the door if he's too far north, and walks behind it.

Dutchman

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 01:39:51 PM »
Yeah I saw the walls thing today as well, playing as a Sorcerer.
Then after dealing with the Necromancer and getting back to Prospero, the game gave me a runtime error and  crashed.

Doing it again (All the same actions) didn't happen a second time.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 01:46:36 PM »
If possible, if/when the game crashes, can you note the specific error or get a screenshot to help us to resolve any issues. 

The walking through the walls sounds like a walkbehind issue which should be a simple fix.  Game crashes on the other hand are a bit different.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Dutchman

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »
Yeah I meant to capture the moment again because I accidentally clicked it away. I just realized I hadn't picked up the Bracers of Fire Mastery the second time around though.