Author Topic: Playthrough from hell  (Read 2394 times)

Mright

• Recruit
  • Liked: 11
    • View Profile
Playthrough from hell
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:23:21 PM »
So I ran my second playthrough as a thief going out of my way to do anything and everything I could, taking my time exploring the game, looking for eggs and glitches... (this included running the game minimized when I wasn't playing and running multiple instances of the game simultaneously.)

I was very impressed by how stable the game was, given the conditions I ran it under I would give the game an overall AAA rating in stability. I experienced ONLY A SINGLE crash, after leaving the game running overnight, closing my laptop, opening it back up (forcing a windows password request) then going directly to the kraken. As he approached I saw bubbles in the water, then the game stalled out right before he emerged from the water.

As you can imagine this style of play caused a lot more stress on the game and I was able to find a decent number of glitches and bugs. Most of these I posted already, but for whatever reason as I continued the game in this matter the layering seemed to glitch out more and more and Rohem seemed to walk on top of buildings and other textures he was supposed to walk behind (especially on the tobacco/general goods shop page).

So here is a recap of the bugs I found (Minus the ones I posted before)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Well everything else has been mentioned and discussed elsewhere in the Tech Support pages.

As I say, AAA on stability!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Playthrough from hell
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 12:30:29 PM »
Very interesting approach to testing.  :)

The three issues you spoiler tagged are likely issues that would have happened regardless--I'll pass them on.  That's funny about the map during Act III--nice catch there--I'm assuming you bought it from O'Burr in Volksville?  We had to take out map functionality in Act III because it caused all sorts of problems once you had entered the battle of Tyr.

As for the kraken issue--can you tell me if you had done the raven quest before that happened?  I'm wondering if this is another obscure timer bug and not related to the specific way you were stress-testing the game.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Mright

• Recruit
  • Liked: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Playthrough from hell
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
Yeah I bought it from O'Burr.

I had done the raven long before that.