Author Topic: Couple of minor issues  (Read 5274 times)

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
Couple of minor issues
« on: July 18, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »
Playing as rogue (Ian path), at the trees that never sleep, one burns and the game freezes.

On completing any character, it says that Rhoem.dat is being created but it's not anywhere. another play through says it already exists.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Couple of minor issues
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »
The tree glitch has been reported before and will be fixed in our next update/patch soon.  :)  There is an in-game work-around for it though.  You'll need to reload a save from before you got that glitch, then go to the town of Volksville and walk into the bank.  Immediately turn around and walk back out, and then go to the trees.  They should be functioning normally after that.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 05:53:07 PM »
As for the other issue, thanks for the heads-up.  We'll look at it and see about fixing that for the update/patch.  For now, moving the Roehm.dat file to a different folder should allow the game to create another one on your next playthrough.  By default, the Roehm.dat file should appear in the QFI game directory.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:04 PM »
That didn't work. I teleported to Volksvile, entered the bank, exited, teleported back to northern grave yard, and walked back to the trees. When I tried to continue north, the skeleton head icon appears but
nothing happens, I can't move and the icons at top of screen are not accessible. Only way to close the
game is to Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then open 'Start Task Manager' and close the game process.

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 11:40:42 PM »
Are you doing this from a save game from before the glitch happened?  Because if not, it won't fix it.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 11:42:32 PM »
I think there may be another issue here.  Investigating.

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »
Playing as a Rogue.

I saved in the screen before the one where the trees are. Curious, only the tree that you talked to in other characters, is burned. The tree on the right is asleep.

By the way, was there something I should have done in order to have the tree burn. Was I supposed to talk to someone who would have said they would take care of the trees? Maybe something I didn't do that's causing this problem!

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 03:36:49 PM »
Found a way around the tree problem....
First, before meeting with Roy, I got pine cone and gave it to the tree and stepped through.
Next I met with Karra in Volksville, then got message to meet her, so I went there.
Then did the bird in cage quest.
Now I'm on the 4 seal pieces. Next I'll do the mines quest for Prospero.
Then I'll complete the seal pieces quest.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 03:38:37 PM »
With a rogue, the issue seems to happen if you do the raven quest before meeting the trees.  If you do it in the order you just stated, it should work.  Anyway, glad you made it past.  This issue will be resolved in the next patch/update.  :)

Dutchman

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 04:13:42 PM »
I had issues when replaying with the Ents, having already collected the Pinecone. I gave it to them, and they pretend as if I never gave it to begin with. Reloading and then going through the talk fixed this, though.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 07:41:10 PM »
Yeah, giving the pinecone to the Treant on the LEFT (Cardagas) will let your proceed correctly.  That damn guy on the right is Buggy.  (Rhodomir)

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 08:17:57 PM »
An earlier question about rhoem.dat not being saved, there is in fact that file in the game directory. What is it for? What is the purpose of renaming it before another play through?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Couple of minor issues
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »
An earlier question about rhoem.dat not being saved, there is in fact that file in the game directory. What is it for? What is the purpose of renaming it before another play through?

The Roehm.dat file is the character export file for use in QFI2 (if we make it.)  ;)  Just like in the Quest for Glory games, you can save a copy of your character for import into future games in the series.

We're looking into changing the way the game writes the file so that you won't get the overwrite issue you had on your second playthrough--hopefully we'll have a fix for the next update/patch.  For now, if you move the file to another folder or rename it, the game should be able to create the next one just fine.

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 09:29:04 PM »
Now why did I not know that? Hey, great. Hope to some day see QFI2 come about!

Is there any importance to the nest of eggs in the north woods?

Well, I did it again! Started the Rogue a second time and forgot to do the treants before the bird in cage mission. Once again I have to start over. I did try to give the pine cone to other tree and the game crashed and closed. Anyone had luck doing it another way besides breaking into bank, then going to when the treant burns?

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »
Here is something new! Did the pine cone thing to get past the trees, then did the bird in cage part. When I finally got a message to see Kayanna beyond the trees, the one tree still burned but I was able to walk on north.