Author Topic: Game reception /sales  (Read 2910 times)

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
Game reception /sales
« on: July 17, 2014, 07:03:22 PM »
I am aware that for commercial reasons most teams don't release sales figures. So in a more general sense are you guys satisfied with the level of sales following release? Based on sales figures do you think their is enough of a market to make retro adventure games commercially viable in the long run?

I really hope that the answer is in the positive. I have enjoyed QFI so far, certainly it has it flaws, but given that it is your first commercial title it is a really good game.  I would love to see what the team could produce second up after learning lessons and receiving feedback from QFI

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Game reception /sales
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:27:14 PM »
It's too early to tell with sales at the moment. General release games (AAA and whatever) usually burst out the gate and get their sales in the first few weeks then start to trend downwards. Ours relies a lot more on word-of-mouth so the sales grow over the short to medium term.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 12:21:05 AM »
Can you guys think of any good adventure gaming forums to advertise this at?

That'd be my best advice for generating interest, from the crowd that would already like it the most.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 01:46:10 AM »
      QFI has got great coverage till this point.   I mean BT has made it to the week'y or national stage.  As others have posted word will get around with time.....  The big question is WHY hasnt this become a new Game to play yet?

**********Chadly*********************

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 01:49:37 AM »
It won't happen overnight I don't think but this game does have strong potential for word of mouth power.

Maybe we should write to Game Informer or EGM or the other magazines that are out there?  Not e-mail them but actual snail-mail letters, any bloody idiot can write an e-mail but physical letters always hold more meaning.