Author Topic: Thoughts on a future sequel  (Read 9865 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Thoughts on a future sequel
« on: July 13, 2014, 06:48:27 PM »
SPOILER SPECULATION INSIDE

So.... what do you all think is going to happen?  I kinda have the feeling that Roehm will do something to @#$@ everything up with the King (I think we can all imagine what that would be, lol) and then wind up travelling further North to where the Centai dwell.

I'm very glad we got to save our character data in the end!  I hope we can import it over someday.

Hmm.... I imagine Roehm will be able to actually date some girls in the game (as opposed to sleeping the night with some faceless whore at the Red Door).  It kinda sucked you had Kit and that hot maid but weren't able to do anything with them in the end. ;) (pun intended!)

I hope this game sells a crapload and makes it into a series with more funding and less wait time between game development cycles.  Even if it doesn't sell well, it's pretty high-quality and it'll definitely remain at least as a cult classic that fans will constantly be "rediscovering."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Thoughts on a future sequel
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:09:13 PM »
I know what's going to happen! [INSERT EVIL LAUGH HERE!]
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »
Yep.  I know what's going to happen too.  Well, what might happen if we do get the chance to make the sequel.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 07:44:13 PM »
Sigh... why can't games like these sell millions of copies instead of shitty sports and shooting games?  :(

Do you think this would ever work as a PS4/XBOX ONE port?  It'd be pretty awesome and it'd be a great way of introducing all the Halo Kiddies out there to real oldschool gaming. ;)

Just gotta find a way to use the controller as a mouse effectively and it should be fine. :)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 08:15:09 PM »
Heh.  Hey, if we could afford the framework to port it to something like PS4/XBOXOne, and costs for development on the port using controllers - I'd do it!

Bt

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »
Heh.  Hey, if we could afford the framework to port it to something like PS4/XBOXOne, and costs for development on the port using controllers - I'd do it!

Bt

I have no idea what you just said or what the "framework to port it" means.

Could you please explain that to me like I'm a 5-year old with Down Syndrome?

Perhaps if I'm rich someday I'll pay for that framework- in exchange for a cut of the profits from the port. ;)

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 08:50:07 PM »
PS4 dev kits cost $2500, and Sony can (and certainly does!) sometimes say "no, you're game isn't going up, sorry".  Often, that decision happens after you've gone and ported it.

XBox One dev kits are very hard to come by, as each developer must apply for their indie program ("ID@XBox").  The cost is not public (supposed to be "free", but who knows).  Retail XB1's will supposedly be able to function as dev kits in the future, but not yet, and nobody knows for sure when.  MS sometimes rejects a game after porting is done.

Those are just to get your foot in the door.  Beyond that is the technical side, which is making the software work on each console's rig, and that's a lot of hard work by people smarter than me.  I don't know who else would be working on engine-level porting on the team, so that would mean many months of work and hundreds of pots of coffee on my side.  IQ programmers Klytos & Chucklas are likely smarter than me, so maybe they could help, but more likely their skills are best used for the next game, or the game after that, or the game after that...

It's pretty exciting and worth consideration, but kind of feels like an impossible mountain to climb.

In short, we'd love to be in those markets, even though it could cost the team thousands of dollars, months of hard work taken from future projects, and possibly my sanity.  Then, at the end of all that, Sony/MS could well find something objectionable in the game (pissing on corpses?) and give us the finger anyway  :(

BTW, the offer you're making?  That's called "publishing", and the games industry is badly in need of really cool micro-publishers for indie games, BTW.  I sincerely hope you see a windfall of cash and bravely go into that business...
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thoughts on a future sequel
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 08:53:32 PM »
PS4 dev kits cost $2500, and Sony can (and certainly does!) sometimes say "no, you're game isn't going up, sorry".  Often, that decision happens after you've gone and ported it.

XBox One dev kits are very hard to come by, as each developer must apply for their indie program ("ID@XBox").  The cost is not public (supposed to be "free", but who knows).  Retail XB1's will supposedly be able to function as dev kits in the future, but not yet, and nobody knows for sure when.  MS sometimes rejects a game after porting is done.

Those are just to get your foot in the door.  Beyond that is the technical side, which is making the software work on each console's rig, and that's a lot of hard work by people smarter than me.  I don't know who else would be working on engine-level porting on the team, so that would mean many months of work and hundreds of pots of coffee on my side.  IQ programmers Klytos & Chucklas are likely smarter than me, so maybe they could help, but more likely their skills are best used for the next game, or the game after that, or the game after that...

It's pretty exciting and worth consideration, but kind of feels like an impossible mountain to climb.

In short, we'd love to be in those markets, even though it could cost the team thousands of dollars, months of hard work taken from future projects, and possibly my sanity.  Then, at the end of all that, Sony/MS could well find something objectionable in the game (pissing on corpses?) and give us the finger anyway  :(

BTW, the offer you're making?  That's called "publishing", and the games industry is badly in need of really cool micro-publishers for indie games, BTW.  I sincerely hope you see a windfall of cash and bravely go into that business...

I hope so too!  Hopefully my book will sell well when it's done and I can be independently wealthy. :)

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 12:18:50 AM »
Sigh... why can't games like these sell millions of copies instead of shitty sports and shooting games?  :(

Do you think this would ever work as a PS4/XBOX ONE port?  It'd be pretty awesome and it'd be a great way of introducing all the Halo Kiddies out there to real oldschool gaming. ;)

Just gotta find a way to use the controller as a mouse effectively and it should be fine. :)

Hah, I've been making my stepson play this game with me right now  (not the ones who will repeat the bad words, only the 18 year old...but I AM forcing the younger ones to start playing the King's Quests ;) )...they all WILL grow up to like adventure games, dammit!  They have no say at all!  :P

(Either that or they'll eventually just tell their friends that Mom is "special"...)

ishmael

• Recruit
  • Liked: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 03:30:08 AM »

Hah, I've been making my stepson play this game with me right now  (not the ones who will repeat the bad words, only the 18 year old...but I AM forcing the younger ones to start playing the King's Quests ;) )...they all WILL grow up to like adventure games, dammit!  They have no say at all!  :P

(Either that or they'll eventually just tell their friends that Mom is "special"...)

I want you Milady to be my mother....or my children's mother, or something like that  :D

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 04:28:35 AM »
perhaps not the next one, but somewhere about five or ten QFI should become, Quest For Infamy In Space, set of course in the far far future (but hopefully not that far away).
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 04:30:22 AM »
perhaps not the next one, but somewhere about five or ten QFI should become, Quest For Infamy In Space, set of course in the far far future (but hopefully not that far away).

Sorry but no. Only because I just had images of Jason X, which took Friday the 13th and flushed it down the toilet. Or at least into space. Even Lexa Doig in this couldn't fix it.

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 04:57:22 AM »
 :'( I was looking forward to becoming the most infamous person in the universe.
Oh well I'll just content myself with the world.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »
Haha

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 07:03:41 AM »
Jason X is my favourite F13 movie.  There, I said it.  *hits shawn with a girl in a sleeping bag and runs away*
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"